Popsugar Must Have June 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh fun this box looks fun!  Interested to see how ridiculous I look in the sunglasses (it takes me FOREVER to find a pair I like) but the eyeshadows look nice I love the coconut infused ones from Josie Maran so I m hoping these are just as awesome.  I got one of those sponges in another box (Little lace maybe?) and I went out and repurchased some more afterwards really lovely.  The English Major in me is super excited for a book (though my bookcase probably isn't ...can you say jam packed lol) And I can always use a new face mask headband, the only thing I m meh about is the candy  but I m sure it will get eaten.  Fun summer box hope everyone enjoys it once its in your hands.  Thanks Popsugar its always fun to get some goodies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Enjoy ladies.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the box and the spoilers. So fun!

I'm kinda happy that i didn't get the box... it's a good box just not for me... This is the first box I skipped since I joined in Sep-12. 

Glad that everyone else enjoys it, and here's hope for a better box next month:)

I'm excited about this one! I just started a new job where my commute is an hour plus each way, so I've been looking for good books to read. 

I bought the Pacifica pallette--this exact one--at Whole Foods on sale last month, so while I'm not excited to have a repeat, I can say that it's fantastic--great pigment. And sunglasses always make me look like a giant bug, so I'll take whatever ones in sub boxes I can get until I break 'em or lose 'em. 

I think this will be another box where even if everything doesn't seem exciting right away, I'll eventually find a use for all the items. Pop Sugar is the one box I'm still subscribed to, after over a year. 

Usually I can tell if I'll like the box based on spoilers, but I'm reserving judgment this time. Doesn't look good or bad to me. The snack looks like a dud, the last 3 months have had no snacks or bad snacks. I won't use the eyeshadow or gift card, but thr other items have potential.

I'm just feeling MEH about this box. The only thing I'm excited about is the eye shadow.  I'll use/eat/read everything else except for those sunglasses. July is my birthday month, so I'll keep my subscription for one more month. Hopefully next month's box is better or I'll be cancelling for a little while.

Also, I checked out the website that the gift card is for and there are quite a few things that caught my eye. However, I noticed that they have only 1 of each item available, which means that all the good/lower priced stuff will probably be gone my the time my box arrives next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box last night, shipping was super fast for me for some reason (thanks for the early b-day gift PopSugar)!

Sunglasses: They're just ok they don't really work for my face but, they're that cool rubber feeling ones and they'll work for the beach so I don't have to bring my regular everyday sunglasses with me. And they'll work as a headband too.

Shadow: The shades are pretty but a little on the shimmery side for me, nice for summer though.

Headband: is great for yoga and super wide enough to keep my hair off my face. I love it.

Sponge: I have one of these in a smaller version for pedicures, I've used it several times and it still foams up with product, this will last a while.

Book: I've heard a lot about this book so I'm glad to have it and read it, I'll probably donate it once I read it and I NEED to start reading books again. I spend too much time on magazines.

Candy: Meh the boyfriend will eat them.

Overall this box is a win for me, I get a summer vibe from it.

If anybody is not interested in their coupon, I would love to use it to purchase a few things. I'll even give you mine when it gets here if you change your mind! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box last night, shipping was super fast for me for some reason (thanks for the early b-day gift PopSugar)!
Happy birthday!  I'm a June baby too, I get extra excited for my boxes all month even though I don't need a special occasion to order them, hahaha

I just got my shipping notice.  My box is 3.2 lbs.  I'm supposed to be getting the extra purse/wallet.  Curious what everyone else's box states for weight.  Hoping they do not mess up and forget my 'extra'!

I just got my shipping notice.  My box is 3.2 lbs.  I'm supposed to be getting the extra purse/wallet.  Curious what everyone else's box states for weight.  Hoping they do not mess up and forget my 'extra'!
I'm getting the wallet, too and have 3.2 lbs shipping weight, as well.  I have seen others report weight as 2.9 lbs so I think we're good!

Oh my gosh, I am so excited to get my box!! It still says processing though, even though my card was charged the full amount for it last month.

I looked it up the reference # way though, and it did ship, it just won't get to me until the 16th unfortunately.

But I'm so happy with everything in this whole box! The summer ones are always my favorite boxes.

I hope this book is better than the last book I got in a PopSugar box, that awful, terrible football book.  Ugh.
Oh man, the football book. That one was okay until I totally figured out what the plot was going to be, and then got super annoyed because it was just ridiculous to me.

The only thing I could think the whole time I read it was "OLD BALLS"
Lol! I'm so glad I could just tell I wouldn't like it and swapped it right away. Sounds horrible. I'm looking forward to the Judy Blume book, it's the one novel that was on my radar to read this summer. I'm super cheap about books, so I likely would have been on the library waiting list for a few months. It's a ficitonal story based on something that actually happened in her town when she was younger. I saw her interviewed about it and it sounded very interesting.

My box shipped yesterday, but they sent the notification today - estimated delivery is 6/22! About 2 weeks after the first boxes were received. This is my 3rd month and shipping is taking longer each time, the first month only took 4 days, the next 8 days and this one will take 12 days. Usually they ship from California, but this time it's coming from New York. I'm getting the wallet as well and I wonder if that added to the shipping time. My box is 3.2 pounds.

Time for a July thread already!

Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-11.26.47-AM.png

The box arrived today .  Not to crazy about it.  Loved the glasses  wouldn't be caught dead in a headband, spongelle made  me sneeze non stop.  Book is ok.    The gift card is a joke to me due to the  price of items on the site.    You win some and lose some. Still a good value

Back