PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by inimitable /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been pleasantly surprised with any of the items they received?

I didn't think I'd like the scent of the candle I received (Kyoto - the peach one), because I usually don't like artificial peach. I also thought the lotion would be just ok, since I'm really anti-greasy moisturizers. I've ended up really liking both items, and I look forward to buying more from their brands. I'm definitely going to purchase more of the lotion as soon as possible. My skin stays hydrated all day, but it doesn't feel greasy or anything. The scent is also really nice (coconut kukui).
Yes!  Almost my whole box actually...

I absolutely love my candle (Grace) although when I first got it I thought it stunk !  It's got a sort of floral scent to it and I'm not usually fond of florals, but when we lit the candle it smelled amazing. Very interesting undertones to it that are not strictly floral.   I will *definitely* buy more Tocca candles,  I would like to try the peach or some other fruity kind next.

I also love my Epicuren lotion and my Savon (?) hand soap.   Orange Blossom lotion, which smells like orange tang, really... no "blossom" to it at all. Very nice though!  Fig hand soap -  I will be keeping the hand soap bottle to refill.   And the soap itself feels great on my hands.

I got the reddish DL polish and lipstick which I thought I would not enjoy, but the lipstick is much more subtle than it looks.  It feels great on my lips too.  I noticed that the polish stained my fingernails a little but I assumed it was because I didn't use a base coat.  Will try it out again with a base coat.

The only things I didn't care about - though I was not offended by their inclusion in the box - were the clutch (I got the gold envelope) and the cuff (thought I would like it more than I do.)    I'll find uses for both items though.   I was trying to think of some funky thing I could do to the cuff...  like drilling a bunch of holes in it and weaving strips of fabric through the holes or... something.  Hammering it out for some texture?  I don't know, but it won't bother me if I ruin it so I'm going to have fun with it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For us wondering when the replacements are going to be sent out I had emailed about it and received this response...

I would like to apologize that you have had to wait so long for your replacements. We understand that this is frustrating and disappointing to have to wait so long. Unfortunately due to the high number of replacements needed, we had to order more inventory. Please know that it should be arriving within the next week or so and once they do we will send it out to you with a speedier FedEx method than normal. I would just like to apologize again and I do hope you have been enjoying your Luxury box. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!

So, hopefully we will see them soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by thequeenlisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For us wondering when the replacements are going to be sent out I had emailed about it and received this response...

I would like to apologize that you have had to wait so long for your replacements. We understand that this is frustrating and disappointing to have to wait so long. Unfortunately due to the high number of replacements needed, we had to order more inventory. Please know that it should be arriving within the next week or so and once they do we will send it out to you with a speedier FedEx method than normal. I would just like to apologize again and I do hope you have been enjoying your Luxury box. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!

So, hopefully we will see them soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just got my replacement cuff yesterday.

I'm not one of those people that expects extra freebies in apology, but I am a little surprised that they just stick replacements in a box with no note or anything. I would think they'd have cards printed with their branding.

Originally Posted by BeautifyMyLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my replacement cuff yesterday.

I'm not one of those people that expects extra freebies in apology, but I am a little surprised that they just stick replacements in a box with no note or anything. I would think they'd have cards printed with their branding.
They usually do that's really weird, but I'm guessing that's because they had to send out so many replacements. I'm still waiting on mine though hopefully it'll come today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I complained to them upon receipt of my luxury box which was completely covered in soap. The entire bottle had leaked causing the tissue paper to turn into a goopey mess. The whole thing was a loss. I took photos and sent them to pop sugar.

They wanted to ship me out replacements but could not tell me when. I asked for a refund. They refused. I said that I would just file a chargeback with the credit card company. They immediately refunded my money. 

They are obviously a new and small company so they are handling everyone in a different fashion. I sure hope that they never send liquid soap again! Had they just stuck it in a plastic bag, they would have had a much better experience.

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the replacement cuff as bad as the original? 
I got mine yesterday...it seems exactly the same. Without the crease, though. Same size, same "tarnished" look. I'm going to get some metal polish and see how that does. Although, I'm fairly petite and this looks ridiculous on me. Seems like it goes half way to my elbow, lol.

No replacement cuff or the missing chocolates yet.  I told them I would rather get more December stuff - a set of mugs, another kit or even tea...but they did not respond to that request. On the survey they just sent, I selected the cuff as the most hated item of the luxury box....getting another one will not be very exciting.  Even a small credit, like $15 -  towards a future box would make me happier. 

I got a survey but it was for the Dec box.  I am a little mad that I didn't get to respond on the Lux box which I feel was a total rip off.

Am I the only one who didn't like the chocolates? I gave the bacon one to my roommate since I don't eat pork and she said it was disgusting. I tried the one with pink peppercorns and hated it. The peppermint one which was the only familiar combination and was the one I was most looking forward to sucked and barely had any peppermint flavor. I haven't been able to bring myself to try the other ones because the combos either sound disgusting or have nuts (I don't like nuts).

Originally Posted by SammieHammie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who didn't like the chocolates? I gave the bacon one to my roommate since I don't eat pork and she said it was disgusting. I tried the one with pink peppercorns and hated it. The peppermint one which was the only familiar combination and was the one I was most looking forward to sucked and barely had any peppermint flavor. I haven't been able to bring myself to try the other ones because the combos either sound disgusting or have nuts (I don't like nuts).
I seriously LOVED the chocolate, lol. The pink peppercorn one was my fave. I got the box that had only three variations, so I can't attest to the other bars, but I loved the three I got (wooloomooloo (I think that was how it was spelled), the peppercorn one, and the peppermint).

Originally Posted by SammieHammie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My BF & I LOOOOOOVED the bacon chocolate!!  The other chocolates were pretty good too. I didn't think I would like them - tried them & was satisfied! I loveeee me some chocolate.

I seriously LOVED the chocolate, lol. The pink peppercorn one was my fave. I got the box that had only three variations, so I can't attest to the other bars, but I loved the three I got (wooloomooloo (I think that was how it was spelled), the peppercorn one, and the peppermint).
I loved them. Glad I was introduced to them!

Back