PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What items needed to be replaced?  I agree some proactive communication would have helped a bunch.

Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I complained about my box to Popsugar and emailed multiple different times thinking it was falling on deaf ears.  Randomly I got a box from them with the replacement items and email saying that my January box would be comped.  That was great although it would have been great if they had responded sooner rather than later either way the outcome is satisfying and I do love their boxes just won't do such an expensive lottery next xmas.
you got your replacement already? hmm maybe i should email them again i am still waiting for one from the december box.  i happy you got a january box, wish they would give me one too just to much disappointment and frustration.  

Originally Posted by pugslypoodle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you got your replacement already? hmm maybe i should email them again i am still waiting for one from the december box.  i happy you got a january box, wish they would give me one too just to much disappointment and frustration.  
My approach is generally to hang back, especially in a situation like this, when it is likely CS is overwhelmed with emails. I know it is hard to be patient, but I have to imagine all of the extra prodding likely further delays them, which in turn slows down us getting requests attended to. That is just my take on it. I do not work in CS but my role sometimes puts me in the center of the storm and I know I get frustrated by "are you done yet" emails because it makes it harder for me to get the job done that they are waiting on because I have to stop and respond. All my empathy aside, they clearly need to hire more CS reps, the delays in  responding are pretty extraordinary in my experience.

I got replacements from the luxury box but I'm still waiting on the replacements from my December box which is weird... 

The liquid soap was all over everything but I got a new candle and lipstick which was nice.

Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got replacements from the luxury box but I'm still waiting on the replacements from my December box which is weird... 
hmm..what did they replace in your luxe box?

It stinks what you had to deal with but it certainly seems they are making it up to you, which is good to hear :)

I have to tell you that Popsugar is entirely responsibly for my new love of scented candles. It is silly how much I am enjoying them.  In my work I have to write (A LOT) and I do not by nature like sitting still. But when I have one of those candles burning, it somehow improves everything.  Just an aside here, but they really do introduce me to things I end up loving.

Hurray! I finally got a response from Popsugar that they will send out another box but that it may be delayed for several weeks as they have to special order it. At this point I'd be thrilled with a refund but I'll be glad just to get what I paid for, plus my mom has a birthday coming up so hopefully I can regift some items.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I worked as a jeweler during college and this stuff is awesome for polishing silver and brass

http://www.amazon.com/BlueMagic-200-Liquid-Metal-Polish/dp/B000ALCOCQ/ref=sr_1_10?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1357152896&sr=1-10&keywords=blue+magic

I used some again on my cuff over the weekend and my cuff is the glossiest thing ever, with a mirror finish. And it goes without saying the tarnish is eliminated in less than a minute.  I always keep some on hand, and you should be able to get it at the grocery store.
You can also use Bar Keepers Friend (www.barkeepersfriend.com/) to polish the brass cuff as well.  I use it on my stainless pots and pans and I polished my cuff this morning and it looks amazing!  It's cheap and you can find it at the grocery store or Wal-Mart/Target.  

I would start by disputing the charges on your card and then contacting the better business bureau.

I got around to lighting my candle tonight and I am really pleased. Very fragrant and nice. I have the one that is peach nectar.

Was away for the New Years weekend and saw some of the luxury products in the hotel spa shop.  The Tocca candle was $38.00 and the Epicurean lotion was $48.00.

What bothers me most about this situation -- my Luxury Box was also damaged in shipment, its contents soaked in soap -- is that PopSugar seems to be arbitrarily coming up with different solutions for different customers with the same issue.  In my case, PopSugar CS eventually agreed to send a replacement soap, candle, and cuff, with the caveat that they have no idea when they'll be shipping the replacements, since they have to get more stock from the vendors.  While I appreciate the fact that they're willing to replace the items damaged beyond repair, I don't understand why someone else in my same situation would get her entire Luxury Box resent to her (check Mrs. L's comment on this blog post: http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2012/12/popsugar-must-have-luxury-edition-box-review/#comment-27806), or why someone else, like Christy327 above, would get replacement items and a comped box.  Before receiving a damaged Luxury Box (and I'm sorry, I didn't pay $107 to wade through a mess of wet tissue and goop on Christmas morning), FedEx SmartPost lost my November box, and I had to get with FedEx myself, report the results to PopSugar, wait a month for the conclusion of the investigation, and receive my November box over one month late.  Through the months, I've hung in there, refrained from complaining, and been a loyal customer.  While I understand these shipping and delivery issues are not entirely PopSugar's fault, its customers' satisfaction is their responsibility, and I simply don't think their response to the luxury box fiasco has been commensurate with its customers' level of commitment to and investment in their service.   

What I've learned is that it all depends on the person that your in contact with- this is my opinion when it comes to any CS departments at any organization. Also, when CS addresses you, if your not happy with what their offering, you should tell them. Tell the person your expectations and what you feel that they should do- of course being reasonable. In your situation, I would write back PS or call them, tell them that besides the replacement items, you feel that you deserve a comped box & tell them why. I'm always nice, never a **tch, but I stand firm and I usually always get what I want. My bf is always amazed with my skills... Good luck!!

I believe I got a comp box and replacement items because I didn't let up on how disappointed i was in both My November and December boxes coming with damaged products.  I also bought 2 luxury boxes  for one not to show up on time.  I guess every situation is assessed differently.

Latest posts

Back