PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just thought I would share this on a possible way to utilize the clutch we received. I saw it on the Urban Outfitters Website. I personally don't like the style of the envelope clutch as it is let alone enough to be purchasing a chain for it. This is a way to use it in your home at least. This one appears to be open on the sides, if someone is handy and with tools, you could potentially cut off the sides, or you could use it as is, hang it on a wall in an entry way, and add hooks below it. This might be the only way I use it! 

Originally Posted by SylviaM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What bothers me most about this situation -- my Luxury Box was also damaged in shipment, its contents soaked in soap -- is that PopSugar seems to be arbitrarily coming up with different solutions for different customers with the same issue.  In my case, PopSugar CS eventually agreed to send a replacement soap, candle, and cuff, with the caveat that they have no idea when they'll be shipping the replacements, since they have to get more stock from the vendors.  While I appreciate the fact that they're willing to replace the items damaged beyond repair, I don't understand why someone else in my same situation would get her entire Luxury Box resent to her (check Mrs. L's comment on this blog post: http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2012/12/popsugar-must-have-luxury-edition-box-review/#comment-27806), or why someone else, like Christy327 above, would get replacement items and a comped box.  Before receiving a damaged Luxury Box (and I'm sorry, I didn't pay $107 to wade through a mess of wet tissue and goop on Christmas morning), FedEx SmartPost lost my November box, and I had to get with FedEx myself, report the results to PopSugar, wait a month for the conclusion of the investigation, and receive my November box over one month late.  Through the months, I've hung in there, refrained from complaining, and been a loyal customer.  While I understand these shipping and delivery issues are not entirely PopSugar's fault, its customers' satisfaction is their responsibility, and I simply don't think their response to the luxury box fiasco has been commensurate with its customers' level of commitment to and investment in their service.   
Also let them know that some of the items were supposed to be "gifts". So you were massively inconvenienced by this. Replacement products are the bare minimum.  Good luck!

I FINALLY heard back from PopSugar today. They said they'd replace my leaked out soap and send me another clutch since mine had 2 stones broken off. I think I would have rather just had a comped January Box, but oh well. At least it's something.

Thanks so much for your advice, Shauna999 and LisaLeah.  I sent PopSugar another email today making one last appeal for a comped January box, as Shauna999 suggested.  We'll see what happens!  Thanks again for the words of wisdom, ladies: I'm glad I found this community.

Did anyone get a replacement on a missing or damaged item yet? My chocolates were missing and my bracelet very bent like most sent....after the initial response from CS on replacements as they get new inventory, no new updates received....

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone get a replacement on a missing or damaged item yet? My chocolates were missing and my bracelet very bent like most sent....after the initial response from CS on replacements as they get new inventory, no new updates received....
I haven't even got any reply from their CS on my exploded soap yet... how long did it took you girls to get a reply?

They are not very quick to respond. I would reach out to them on Twitter - they will get on it quicker!

Originally Posted by tanyamib /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't even got any reply from their CS on my exploded soap yet... how long did it took you girls to get a reply?

i had to send three emails before i got a reply... i waited about a week in between each email, finally they offered to replace my soap & cuff (i had the same exploding issue as a lot of people on here) but i have no idea if/when it will be sent.

Hi Tanya,

Each time I've contacted PopSugar about the luxury box, I've had to email them twice, so definitely check back in with them again.  On the advice of two of the ladies in this forum, and because I'd had a prior issue with their service, I pressed them for a box credit on top of their offer to replace the three damaged items I received.  I finally heard back from them today (after emailing them twice over the past four days) and they agreed to comp my February box.  It's taken nearly three weeks to get this luxury box debacle resolved, but in the end I'm relatively happy with the outcome.

Good luck!

Has anyone else had trouble with the Deborah Lipmann nail polish staining their nails? I got the "my old flame" which is a blood red polish. Really pretty, but when I took it off tonight, my nails were really stained. I used a base coat so I'm surprised. Not sure if I will use it in the future. Maybe I'll try it again with a different base coat.

I had the same issue with this color.i also learned I am not a fan of the polish as it chipped the next day .

Hi I also told them that they were gifts which was the truth and that is why i believe i got a comp box.  I had soap exploded all over my women's luxury box and my men's gift luxury box didn't show up in time for christmas.  I was treated fairly.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone else had trouble with the Deborah Lipmann nail polish staining their nails? I got the "my old flame" which is a blood red polish. Really pretty, but when I took it off tonight, my nails were really stained. I used a base coat so I'm surprised. Not sure if I will use it in the future. Maybe I'll try it again with a different base coat.
Mine didn't stain but was hard to get off, it was sticky and smeared a lot (but when it was on it stayed on and didn't chip easily).  I used pure acetone remover which dries out nails terribly but I follow up with straight vaseline to restore them.  I got the same color.  

Thanks girls, I will chase them with a 2nd email...

My soap was all over the box and only thing not damaged was the DL polish and lipstick (thanks to the thick packaging...)

I planned to give half of the box to my sister as her birthday gift but...
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine didn't stain but was hard to get off, it was sticky and smeared a lot (but when it was on it stayed on and didn't chip easily).  I used pure acetone remover which dries out nails terribly but I follow up with straight vaseline to restore them.  I got the same color.  
Ah...I have some acetone, but elected to use the non acetone because my nails have been so dry. Should I wear it again, I'll remember that. I did like the color and it went 5 days before chipping, so that was good.

I have been loving DL for years and have at least 1/2 of their full colleciton. I pair with base and top coat from DL or Butter London and never had a problem with stains. So maybe try these two brands would help?

As for remover, DL polishes (especially the glitter ones) are hard to remove (and shouldn't chip easily...). I use DL remover and it works perfectly. Only take 10 sec to remove glitter polish =)

I have been loving DL for years and have at least 1/2 of their full colleciton. I pair with base and top coat from DL or Butter London and never had a problem with stains. So maybe try these two brands would help? As for remover, DL polishes (especially the glitter ones) are hard to remove (and shouldn't chip easily...). I use DL remover and it works perfectly. Only take 10 sec to remove glitter polish =)
Really only 10 seconds to remove glitter polish?? I'm sold if so- where can I buy it- ultra maybe??

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tanyamib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been loving DL for years and have at least 1/2 of their full colleciton. I pair with base and top coat from DL or Butter London and never had a problem with stains. So maybe try these two brands would help?

As for remover, DL polishes (especially the glitter ones) are hard to remove (and shouldn't chip easily...). I use DL remover and it works perfectly. Only take 10 sec to remove glitter polish =)
Really only 10 seconds to remove glitter polish?? I'm sold if so- where can I buy it- ultra maybe??

I got mine from beauty.com, but should be available everywhere including nordstrom, amazon, lippmanncollection.com, beauty bar, beauty bridge to name a few. I purchase from beauty.com because they frequently offer 20% off and gwp.

they have liquid or finger mitt. I use liquid because of the price. But if you can afford, finger mitt is easier and faster (like 5 sec). You can search youtube for Deborah Lippmann Stripper (liquid) or Stripper to Go (finger mitt). =p

Has anyone been pleasantly surprised with any of the items they received?

I didn't think I'd like the scent of the candle I received (Kyoto - the peach one), because I usually don't like artificial peach. I also thought the lotion would be just ok, since I'm really anti-greasy moisturizers. I've ended up really liking both items, and I look forward to buying more from their brands. I'm definitely going to purchase more of the lotion as soon as possible. My skin stays hydrated all day, but it doesn't feel greasy or anything. The scent is also really nice (coconut kukui).

Originally Posted by inimitable /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been pleasantly surprised with any of the items they received?

I didn't think I'd like the scent of the candle I received (Kyoto - the peach one), because I usually don't like artificial peach. I also thought the lotion would be just ok, since I'm really anti-greasy moisturizers. I've ended up really liking both items, and I look forward to buying more from their brands. I'm definitely going to purchase more of the lotion as soon as possible. My skin stays hydrated all day, but it doesn't feel greasy or anything. The scent is also really nice (coconut kukui).
I got the same candle and I was also pleasantly surprised. I loved the chocolate and the moisturizer is good, but I think my target brand unscented does just as good at moisturizing, lol. I loved the DL lipstick, but the polish is ok...didn't like the staining, but I will try the hints above next time I use it.

Latest posts

Back