PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know.  I already e-mailed them about how pissed I am.  
I'm about to do the same. Please let us know what they say!!

Glad I didn't jump on this one. I ordered the regular November box and it better be good or I will cancel immediately. Either they have 1000 or they don't. So not cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's still showing that you can order it??  WTF??  Now it says Limited Time Only and nothing about 1,000 boxes.  I am PISSED.  I ended my giveaway early because I feared it would sell out.  PopSugar has ticked me off again.

wow, what is going on!! I step away for an hour and all hell breaks out on this box. I saw that you ended it early (and no win for me) and came on here to see what's going on. I guess we now know why they didn't have more specifics.....so they can change things up even more. I guess they learned from the backlash when they said $150 and then switched to $100 and bag to box. They just put no promises but can't even keep their 1,000 claim!

I was still thinking about ordering, but uhh now maybe I will just hold back for now.

Originally Posted by shammycat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent a pissed email as well. I'm interested to see how they respond.
Good! I think we all should!! Get the point across that their inconsitancies are unacceptable!!

Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have zero will power.  I caved.  My sub #27802.  That can't be right, right??
I ordered mine around 9 am and was #26677 ...they might just be random, or may not have started from 0, but honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if they really are selling over 27,000 when they claimed they only were making 1,000!

Thank god for this discussion cause I'm not sure I can tell my hubby I just purchased this!! 
claps.gif

OMG I CAVED TOO! Lol i hope this is good. I'm gonna need to cancel a few other subscriptions lol.

Originally Posted by classybroad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

354 left I caved I am such a sucker and have no willpower with any sort of money.

I can't believe I spent $100 on a mystery box. Thank GOD my bank account is separate from my husbands. Honestly though, I never get good gifts for any holiday so I guess this is one of the gifts to myself this year.

It might be a glitch with their system. Last night when I was on google, the description under must have luxury said it was sold out (and this was a little bit after midnight pacific time),when it obviously was not. It also said something about oh we will have future luxury boxes, so don't worry and you can still get our regular boxes. So they must have canned messages written out and maybe they sent those out prematurely? But maybe I'm just being optimistic.

After these 300'ish boxes are gone, I seriously hope they don't over more!  Because now I was forced to buy two boxes to giveaway on my blog because I left like a jerk for ending the first one early because OMG there were only 40 boxes LEFT!

I'd like the new iphone 5 in my luxury box 
biggrin.gif
 and a pair of Frye boots please.  And a Visa $100 giftcard to pay for this splurge of a box.

I really hope it's worth it since I so am not telling my boyfriend that I ordered this box.  He already thinks my box obssession is out of control because my kids also got a monthly box from Kiwicrate so I had to cut back a lot and got just Popsugar and Ipsy for me...which is still good buys.  When can we expect spoilers at least?

Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It might be a glitch with their system. Last night when I was on google, the description under must have luxury said it was sold out (and this was a little bit after midnight pacific time),when it obviously was not. It also said something about oh we will have future luxury boxes, so don't worry and you can still get our regular boxes. So they must have canned messages written out and maybe they sent those out prematurely? But maybe I'm just being optimistic.
I'm more inclined to beleive that the original 1,000 really sold out last night, and they've been adding more and putting up a bogus countdown to encourage more people to buy right away. If you read their terms and conditions it basically says that they can say whatever they want whenever they want and change anything they want at any time without notice. I call BS.

Hehe I know! It better be damn good....lol I feel like we enable each other. I would totally not buy it on my own but once I saw others getting it, i caved!

I wish I had the extra $, I would join you all! We will be tight for another couple weeks though.

You ladies are great. I am glad I have people to relate to in this subscription box addiction.
tee.gif

It's all marketing. We do this in our industry. We call it "creating urgency". "Hi Miss Jones, no we only have 1 bedroom left for $500/mo you better get down there fast! It's first come first serve and I have two other people coming to look at it right now!"

I ordered it because I love the box. It always has AWESOME products and it's just fun to get something in the mail that isn't a bill. haha!

Not sure if someone already answered, but I am assuming this box is in addition to the regular Dec. box? It would have to be?

Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I saw as well. with all the server issues they were having, their site probably glitched out. Also, I'm sure some of the orders that went through probably didn't once they actually charged the card. So there were probably some that got returned back into the pool of boxes after that too.

I don't really get why people are getting angry about it, it's better to give places the benefit of the doubt first than jumping right into angry mode about it all. It's frustrating, but it happens.

I am really really curious to see what exactly will be included though!

Latest posts

Back