Popsugar Must Have March 2015 *may contain spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the email on 03/11 that my box has shipped. Fed Ex is showing a delivery of Monday, March 23. I thought the shipping was supposed to be quicker? My last box was shipped and received within two days. Now this is taking almost 2 weeks to receive? That is ridiculous.

I received the email on 03/11 that my box has shipped. Fed Ex is showing a delivery of Monday, March 23. I thought the shipping was supposed to be quicker? My last box was shipped and received within two days. Now this is taking almost 2 weeks to receive? That is ridiculous.
Their delivery estimates are notoriously off - my box usually has an estimate of 5/6 business days and arrives in 2/3. I know other people here have the same experience. It also depends where you live in relation to their shipping hubs. They ship from CA and NY - it sometimes seems like the CA boxes takes a little longer? I live relatively close to the NY warehouse and also close to two FedEx hubs, so I think my box tends to arrive a little faster than most. FedEx Super Saver is also really bad about sending packages all over the place on a nonsensical route since they are "low priority." I would love it if someone who worked their could explain to us how that works, lol.

The shipping was only "faster" for last month, when they upgraded everyone to Ground instead of Super Saver. The wording of the announcement was a little confusing though.

Their delivery estimates are notoriously off - my box usually has an estimate of 5/6 business days and arrives in 2/3. I know other people here have the same experience. It also depends where you live in relation to their shipping hubs. They ship from CA and NY - it sometimes seems like the CA boxes takes a little longer? I live relatively close to the NY warehouse and also close to two FedEx hubs, so I think my box tends to arrive a little faster than most. FedEx Super Saver is also really bad about sending packages all over the place on a nonsensical route since they are "low priority." I would love it if someone who worked their could explain to us how that works, lol.

The shipping was only "faster" for last month, when they upgraded everyone to Ground instead of Super Saver. The wording of the announcement was a little confusing though.
I thought the quicker delivery was a permanent thing . That stinks. I guess I can expect my package to come when it says basically. Since I signed up with PopSugar the mailman usually delivers the package no sooner than one or two days prior to what FedEx says. Oh well.

Yippy, I got a shipping notice from PS. It's weird though, it is not showing in my Fedex tracker, because when you click on the tracking number, and it's suppose to show your name and address in the upper right hand corner, it only shows my city and state. Oh well, at least it's coming, ETA is Friday 20th, from NY.

Yippy, I got a shipping notice from PS. It's weird though, it is not showing in my Fedex tracker, because when you click on the tracking number, and it's suppose to show your name and address in the upper right hand corner, it only shows my city and state. Oh well, at least it's coming, ETA is Friday 20th, from NY.
Thats funny because mine shipped too and I didn't get any info from Popsugar but its in my tracker, estimated delivery date 3/19, hoping that bumps up a bit but so excited for some fun mail.  Now I m ready for the Resort box come on pop sugar boxes come to mama 

I always get my Popsugar boxes faster than FedEx estimates. Usually 2 days faster but sometimes three.

I have a label and movement! 2.6lbs and usually if it starts moving on Friday, I get it on Tuesday! Yaaaay. 

I got my box yesterday. I wasn't excited by the spoilers and still felt pretty 'meh' when I had it in my hands. On the bright side, I already traded the pouch for things I did really want! I've never tried an infuser, but set it up last night and it seemed pretty strong, in a good way, but I guess the real test of quality is whether the scent wears out fast? The half pops taste like corn nuts. My son was excited about the little brush. Definitely a downer of a box compared to last month though!

I'm excited about the pouch, personally, and will try and trade for a few more. I got tracking today - seems like I will get my box early next week. 

Received the box today, and I wasn't too excited either. Normally I'm stalking my mailman for Popsugar but this arrived and I was slightly indifferent.

The scrub was packaged nicely, I didn't smell the diffuser as I am trading most of my box but it looked like a nice item. The Samdura bag is an absolute joke. It's even more flimsy and cheap than I could have imagined. I would hardly pay $4 let alone $40. The travel pad is cute- and small enough to keep in a desk drawer. The brush is very cute too, and the perfect size for keeping in your car. The Benefit items are what I expected.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an awesome April box!

My review of the box is a resounding "meh." What happened to the days when we would get at least one high-value item? All the items in this box seem like stuff you would find in the bargain bin at TJ Maxx. The pouch, which I thought looked cute in pics, is very cheap looking in person. I am not convinced that even the retail value of these items adds up to $35.

Not too impressed with Popsugar these last couple months.

My review of the box is a resounding "meh." What happened to the days when we would get at least one high-value item? All the items in this box seem like stuff you would find in the bargain bin at TJ Maxx. The pouch, which I thought looked cute in pics, is very cheap looking in person. I am not convinced that even the retail value of these items adds up to $35.

I'm a die-hard Ross shopper, and am looking forward to TJ Maxx opening a store here within the month. Since these boxes are sold out before I can even get interested, I'll have more to spend locally on my "retail therapy" trips . Here's hoping popsugar's got something to Wow everyone in April.

While I can agree with you on this month's box, I thought the January and February boxes were fantastic!! Last month was probably one of my favorite boxes in a really long time. Even if there wasn't anything you liked in it, you must at least agree that there was lovely curation and a great value last month. It seemed to have resounding positive feedback for the most part.

I don't think PopSugar is doing too poorly- if anything I feel like boxes have been improving since I subscribed, my first box being December 2013. Of course there are months (like this one for example) that I'm not in love with, but they still manage to come out as my favorite subscription for the money I apy each month. I still cannot find a box that manages to fit products from all categories each month as well as such a high value in their boxes. 

That pink pouch though...all I have to say is it's going in the gift pile and hopefully I can find a friend who likes cheap plastic and pineapple prints. =/

I didn't really like much in last month's box and still felt everything was cheaper/lower quality than in the past, but do agree that the curation was cute.

I just feel like if this trend continues, It probably means they're making a change from the previous higher-value/higher end boxes of the past. It just hasn't felt like as good of a deal lately at all to me. In the past, when I got one nice item like a palette or a scarf it definitely felt like a good value, even if the other stuff was cheaper or less interesting. (PS: I shop at TJ Maxx too, of course, but there I pick my own stuff and can get it cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really like much in last month's box and still felt everything was cheaper/lower quality than in the past, but do agree that the curation was cute.

I just feel like if this trend continues, It probably means they're making a change from the previous higher-value/higher end boxes of the past. It just hasn't felt like as good of a deal lately at all to me. In the past, when I got one nice item like a palette or a scarf it definitely felt like a good value, even if the other stuff was cheaper or less interesting. (PS: I shop at TJ Maxx too, of course, but there I pick my own stuff and can get it cheaper )
I'll be honest- the Chuao Chocolate bar blinded me to everything else in the box last month lol...omg Chuao is everythingggg.

I really love Baublebar jewlery as well, although the necklace wasn't a great representation of the quality of their pieces. 

After seeing all of the spoilers, I realized I had not received a shipping email for March. I wrote them to ask about status.  They replied by saying that I had a GIFT subscription that did not renew, so I would not be receiving a March box (and it's sold out).  What's funny? I wrote them at the end of February to ask about the status of my account because I had bought some gift boxes (remember those great boxes for $20??) and my account has so many orders on it, I wanted clarification.  I kept their response saying "you are good to go for March."

I leaned on them hard, sent them copies of the emails I had saying I would receive the March box and that they screwed up. I said I'd accept nothing less than at least one free box.  They agreed and as a "one time favor" they will give me a free box, but it won't be until April.  I think I'm fine with that after seeing the March box. My skin is sensitive so the scrub was iffy for me; another diffuser? whatevs.  That pouch? Don't need and it's not near the value they give it.

so what made me mad at first has turned out okay. I hope everyone enjoys the March box. Here's hoping April is great - but for free, I won't complain!

Latest posts

Back