Popsugar Must Have March 2015 *may contain spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing all of the spoilers, I realized I had not received a shipping email for March. I wrote them to ask about status.  They replied by saying that I had a GIFT subscription that did not renew, so I would not be receiving a March box (and it's sold out).  What's funny? I wrote them at the end of February to ask about the status of my account because I had bought some gift boxes (remember those great boxes for $20??) and my account has so many orders on it, I wanted clarification.  I kept their response saying "you are good to go for March."

I leaned on them hard, sent them copies of the emails I had saying I would receive the March box and that they screwed up. I said I'd accept nothing less than at least one free box.  They agreed and as a "one time favor" they will give me a free box, but it won't be until April.  I think I'm fine with that after seeing the March box. My skin is sensitive so the scrub was iffy for me; another diffuser? whatevs.  That pouch? Don't need and it's not near the value they give it.

so what made me mad at first has turned out okay. I hope everyone enjoys the March box. Here's hoping April is great - but for free, I won't complain!
Oh man thats a bummer but at least you got them to give you a free box.  Hopefully April will be awesome!  Sorry you had to deal with that though.

Oh man thats a bummer but at least you got them to give you a free box.  Hopefully April will be awesome!  Sorry you had to deal with that though.
 Thanks!

What upset me the most is that I wrote them in February to avoid exactly what happened - that I'd assume I had a subscription but didn't and that I'd miss a box.  I told them that, and that if they'd told me I had only a gift sub, I would have had time to sign up before it sold out. Oh well, this will be okay since (from my perspective) the box isn't that great.

i was also surprised they gave me the free box. I guess my proof of emails was evidence it was their fault.

Yippy, I got a shipping notice from PS. It's weird though, it is not showing in my Fedex tracker, because when you click on the tracking number, and it's suppose to show your name and address in the upper right hand corner, it only shows my city and state. Oh well, at least it's coming, ETA is Friday 20th, from NY.
My box arrived yesterday and without any notification from PSMH and it wasn't on my FedEx Tracker either (and still isn't). I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Also, I really love the diffuser scent and my husband thinks it's really powerful (I have a terrible sense of smell, so it doesn't smell strong to me at all). I moved it to our master bath and the smell definitely has permeated our entire bathroom and bedroom even with the bathroom door closed. The plastic pouch on the other hand, I'm really disappointed in it. I used it today in my beach bag to use as a wet bag for my youngest daughter's swim suit and swim diapers. I folded it and the plastic is now permanently creased. Lastly, I feel like we usually received full size food items and I've purchased the Halfpops before in the past from Whole Foods and this is not a full size bag like I've ever seen or purchased but like 1/3 of the regular size. This just feels like an off month for them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great Resort Box. 

When I think about it... they've changed their website, the box size, their shipping date, and now it seems they have changed the items they include in the box. Before it was mostly full sized items and one would be high dollar, now we're getting some full sized items and some deluxe sized and they're all lower valued. Popsugars old boxes would have included a full sized Benefit product versus this months deluxe samples of Porefessional and Roller mascara. Depending on the box, I don't mind their new style but this months box doesn't feel special. I was excited about the pouch but after hearing from people who have theirs, it seems cheap and makes me sad. The only thing I care for in this box is the deluxe sample of mascara (which seems like something my Ipsy would send me) and the wet brush, but even that isn't full sized. I always prepay my boxes and am about to purchase 3 more months so I can be paid until Septembers box but I don't think I will prepay longer just yet.. I want to see if Popsugar goes down or gets their crap together.

After seeing all of the spoilers, I realized I had not received a shipping email for March. I wrote them to ask about status.  They replied by saying that I had a GIFT subscription that did not renew, so I would not be receiving a March box (and it's sold out).  What's funny? I wrote them at the end of February to ask about the status of my account because I had bought some gift boxes (remember those great boxes for $20??) and my account has so many orders on it, I wanted clarification.  I kept their response saying "you are good to go for March."

I leaned on them hard, sent them copies of the emails I had saying I would receive the March box and that they screwed up. I said I'd accept nothing less than at least one free box.  They agreed and as a "one time favor" they will give me a free box, but it won't be until April.  I think I'm fine with that after seeing the March box. My skin is sensitive so the scrub was iffy for me; another diffuser? whatevs.  That pouch? Don't need and it's not near the value they give it.

so what made me mad at first has turned out okay. I hope everyone enjoys the March box. Here's hoping April is great - but for free, I won't complain!
Their customer service frustrates me so much.  They make it seem like everything they do is a huge inconvenience for them, and they are never in the wrong.  Like this, clearly they were wrong so it's not a "favor" to provide you with the what they promised you.  They deleted me referrals with the last site update, and "as a one time favor" added them back (after like three emails back and forth).  

I got my box today. As I expected, the only items I like are the diffuser and the wet brush. It's not a winner for me, but the diffuser smells wonderful and I really like my other wet brush, so I'm feeling better about this month than last month (when not a single items was usable to me.) I'm hoping for a great box next month.

northwest22, on 16 Mar 2015 - 4:55 PM, said:I got my box today. As I expected, the only items I like are the diffuser and the wet brush. It's not a winner for me, but the diffuser smells wonderful and I really like my other wet brush, so I'm feeling better about this month than last month (when not a single items was usable to me.) I'm hoping for a great box next month.
I'm with you although I have to say that I had such LOW expectations for the "bag/pouch" that it's not so bad.  I'm sure someone in the family can use it.

I got my box today too and the diffuser is nice. I like the lemon cucumber scent I got. The wet brush is good too and I can find some use for the pouch. I also had very low expectations for this box and now after opening it, it's ok.

I'm with you although I have to say that I had such LOW expectations for the "bag/pouch" that it's not so bad.  I'm sure someone in the family can use it.
Ok, glad people are lowing expectations on the pouch then. 

I wish that they would stop with the special collaborations that end up taking so much of the box's value. It seems like they inflate the prices by so much! Like the cutting board last month was tiny for the est. RV. And the Baublebar necklace would be like $7 at Target (seriously, I bought one just like it a few months ago)

This month is the plastic/vinyl bag that you could pick up for $1 at the Dollar Tree.

December was a big hit for me and I wish they would keep to that format. The scarf, the necklace, the cupcake mix (the best!), etc... I thought it was great curation and really had great value.

Thanks!

What upset me the most is that I wrote them in February to avoid exactly what happened - that I'd assume I had a subscription but didn't and that I'd miss a box.  I told them that, and that if they'd told me I had only a gift sub, I would have had time to sign up before it sold out. Oh well, this will be okay since (from my perspective) the box isn't that great.

i was also surprised they gave me the free box.
A similar thing happened to me with the February box. I am still ticked I didn't get that box because of customer service's flub. I had referral boxes and that was my last of three, for whatever reason (and after 10 plus confirmation emails that I'd be fine), they cancelled my account. After a bunch more emails they fixed it and because I had problems every month, they gave me March free. After two weeks, my Feb box still hadn't shown up, so I emailed multiple times and they basically said they were wrong and sorry, but that Feb was sold out. I was like say whaaaaat?! You already said it's on it's way! No. It wasn't. They tried to tell me they would give me a freebie box to fix it, but I said they already had, so they gave me another.

So now I have March and April free, which is totally awesome, but not if they are subpar boxes compared to the amazing February box I missed because of them. Their customer service is still a hot a** mess. I know people will probably be saying I should just take those and shut it, but it's the principal. They told me many times it was coming, they fixed it, and they didn't. I hate to say I am done with them, but I think I might be after my free boxes are done next month.

Still waiting on replacement products. How long do they take? It's been a month since I emailed about my broken cutting board and they said they would send a replacement.

Still waiting on replacement products. How long do they take? It's been a month since I emailed about my broken cutting board and they said they would send a replacement.
I would send them another message and tell them you've been waiting a month.

They're usually pretty good with sending out replacements, but I didn't receive the First Aid Beauty product in my January box and waited a month and never got it. I messaged them again about it and got it within a week or two.

Got the box today - I got chipotle bbq popcorn which means that my fiancé will be eating it...  I was hoping for the sea salt. However, everything else in the box is great! Aside from the pink bag, of course. 

I did think it was weird that they put that little cardboard platform in the bottom instead of just sending a smaller box

Got the box today - I got chipotle bbq popcorn which means that my fiancé will be eating it... I was hoping for the sea salt. However, everything else in the box is great! Aside from the pink bag, of course.

I did think it was weird that they put that little cardboard platform in the bottom instead of just sending a smaller box
I know. I looked underneath to see if it was housing some awesome product I had missed. Nope. Whomp whomp.

I got the box today. I'm happy with it. I agree it could be better but it could be worse too! I LOVE the diffuser that is my favorite. I think I'm going to get more. The pouch is pretty cool (not $40 cool) but I like how neon the pineapples are. I'm excited to try the microdermabrasion. The wet brush is something I would have bought anyway. I want to try the benefit products and I like minis because I'm always on the go. I'm not crazy about the half pops. I prefer full popped popcorn. I'm classic that way. Im on the fence about the pack pad. I will probably swap it.

I got my box today too. I love the pouch! not $40 love - more like $5 love!  I also love the diffuser!  smells amazing.  I am hoping to trade for a ton of more pouches. it brings out the teenager in me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box, love everything in it! That was first experience with half pops and they were delish as expected. The pouch, wet brush and packing slips will all be used for my upcoming trip to Hawaii. I opened the diffuser and while I'm not a big fan of cucumber, it's not bad, definitely powerful though. I haven't tried the scrub or the benefit items, but they will definitely get used as well.

Right now that pink pouch is the most popular item on the msa swap site. I posted mine and had swapped it within minutes. I was able to swap it (along with a few other items) for something I've been trying to swap for forever. So for me that big ol' pink neon pouch just became my favorite thing in the box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Gotta love swapping.

Back