Popsugar Must Have May 2015 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I can't love every month, but this month's box is just a 'meh' for me.  There's just something a little off about the curation, and while the value is there, most of it comes from the towel and the necklace.   I'm sure I'll like it more once I open it up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

To me this is another box of stuff you'd find in the bargain bin....not worth my $40. Think I'm gonna have to finally unsubscribe.

Hm. Not feeling this box. They couldn't send a full-size dry shampoo? That stuff is less than $10 for a full-size!

I wish the vase was in a different color, but it'll look good in my parents house, so I'll give it to my mom. Maybe it'll be here for Mother's Day. 

Don't like the necklace. The towel isn't terrible, but it screams something I'd buy at American Eagle when I was a teenager. So yay for trial size dry shampoo and shave cream! Oh well, can't win them all...but yeah, probably one of my least favorite boxes since I joined back in August 2012. 

I have unsubscribed from Popsugar, I loved the February and March box but I haven't been that impressed with the past few boxes.  I think I would rather spend my 40 dollars on similar things at TJMaxx and be just as happy.

I love this box!

Beach towel, dry shampoo, cute necklace, shave cream YES, PLEASE!

The vase will make an excellent gift for my mom.

I'm not crazy about the taffy and won't eat it, but my boyfriend usually eats the snacks. Cookies would've been better PS, just sayin'!

I'm not thrilled but I'm not disappointed either.

-The vase is adorable, and while I normally use re-purposed glass bottles/mason jars for flowers, it will be nice to have a dedicated vase. Plus the color is great.

-I only have one beach towel, so an extra is a welcome addition, especially since I moved into an apartment complex with a pool. However, I'm not a fan of yellow so I wish it was a different color. 

-The shave cream is great because I never remember to buy shave cream, so I'm always using body wash/conditioner. 

-Batiste dry shampoo is my FAVORITE but I wish it was full sized! I get mine from Marshalls for $5.99 - and that's the full size! I'll keep this tucked away for my honeymoon this fall, but for someone who only washes their hair every 4/5 days, I go through a lot of dry shampoo.

-I mentioned earlier in the thread that I wasn't excited for the necklace. I have a lot of chest to maneuver, so necklaces like that tend to get lost and end up pooled in my bra. I will gift it eventually, but I really don't have anyone who I think will like it.

-One piece of Taffy? Really? Three crap food items in a row for me. We hated those half-pops (got the chipolte bbq ones), basil isn't a snack, and now a single piece of taffy. It's not that I don't like taffy, but it's a random item and I feel like for a dollar each they could have sent more than one. You can order a box of 25 for $12!

I've been disappointed with the necklace since the first spoiler came out. (Member of the big boobs club). However, I was stalking it on google the other day and saw some cool ways to wear it with a basic tank and a light jacket. I'm starting to get excited about it and think The Girls might be able to pull it off now!

I've been disappointed with the necklace since the first spoiler came out. (Member of the big boobs club). However, I was stalking it on google the other day and saw some cool ways to wear it with a basic tank and a light jacket. I'm starting to get excited about it and think The Girls might be able to pull it off now!
Yes!  I think it will look good layered with a longer necklace.  It gives it a little more "weight" and will help to offset boobage.  :satisfied:

Read my mind. It's a pretty piece, and I know necklaces like that are popular. So I'm not upset about it being in the box at all, but I can tell right now it's not going to work for me. I wear the occasional piece of silver jewelry, but there's no way it's mixing well with my cans. It'll go in the gift drawer, but I honestly don't know who I'll give it to.
I love silver but I had this other concern. Guess I'll just have to wait and see :)

I signed into FedEx and have a PopSugar box initiated - I think it's May and not CFDA because the weight is 5.3 lbs. 

I signed into FedEx and have a PopSugar box initiated - I think it's May and not CFDA because the weight is 5.3 lbs. 
I just checked FedEx again and I have *two* boxes coming from Gilroy, one is 2.6 pounds and the other 5.3 pounds. I have to assume (knowing what's in the May box) that the 2.6 is May and 5.3 is CFDA.

Hm. Not feeling this box. They couldn't send a full-size dry shampoo? That stuff is less than $10 for a full-size!

I wish the vase was in a different color, but it'll look good in my parents house, so I'll give it to my mom. Maybe it'll be here for Mother's Day.

Don't like the necklace. The towel isn't terrible, but it screams something I'd buy at American Eagle when I was a teenager. So yay for trial size dry shampoo and shave cream! Oh well, can't win them all...but yeah, probably one of my least favorite boxes since I joined back in August 2012.
Brings up something we haven't talked about in a few years. Color and styles may vary. I remember we were really not thrilled about some of the variety we were getting. Remember way back the 3 variations of evening bags which one of them had an opening no bigger than a lipstick round??? I don't remember which year or month. But

All the blue, which I like blue, but we have gotten a lot of blue.

I'm sure there are plenty more examples, but would you vote to let them open up variations? Like this vase.

Anyway. Just love conversation with you gals. Having fun waiting and wishing for my boxes!

Oh ladies. Speaking of American eagle...

I spy popsugar August 2014 candle!!!!

Yes. I took this photo to share with y'all!

image.jpg

Question - how do you look up to see if a fedex is on it's way to your address?
Assuming you live in the US, go to this link and sign up as a registered user.

https://www.fedex.com/fedextracking/?cntry_code=us

Once you do, you can sign in there and any packages in the FedEx system for that destination address will appear. Clicking on any of them will show details of the shipment; if you know what it is, you can change the identifier on your display from the tracking number to something like "PopSugar May" by clicking on the tracking number at the top of the Detailed Results page. You can also use the "Add Shipment" button on the display page to track a specific shipment number.

Assuming you live in the US, go to this link and sign up as a registered user.

https://www.fedex.com/fedextracking/?cntry_code=us

Once you do, you can sign in there and any packages in the FedEx system for that destination address will appear. Clicking on any of them will show details of the shipment; if you know what it is, you can change the identifier on your display from the tracking number to something like "PopSugar May" by clicking on the tracking number at the top of the Detailed Results page. You can also use the "Add Shipment" button on the display page to track a specific shipment number.
Thank you!

Question - May will be the last box of my six month black friday deal.  Do I need to go in and physically cancel my sub or will it just end... I just want to make sure I don't get charged full price for a new six month or month to month subscription. 

Back