POPSUGAR Must Have Summer 2016 Special Edition *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to be miissing jewelry.  I like the Sugarfina Gummy Cones, I like this beach tote better than the one in FFF, towel is very nice.  I will use the face mist maybe as an all over mist, first need to see if it is going to be sticky?  Put a cold "drink" in the Corkcicle and one is good to go at the beach or pool!  Hmmm I am ready to go to the beach now!

lauradiniwilk, on 21 Jun 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:Totally.  I like the spoiler items and the rest is just kind of okay.  Solid box but not exciting. 
Exactly - kind of boring actually. But on the plus side, it's not a lot of dubiously priced items.  Let us know how you like your box - hopefully the bottle comes in a fun color.

Totally.  I like the spoiler items and the rest is just kind of okay.  Solid box but not exciting. 
I agree, while fashion forward items like jewelry and clutches are more fun. I don't use them as much as totes and water bottles.

My box still hasn't shipped yet!!
I got a shipping notice on the 16th, but Fedex still shows "label created" with no movement whatsoever!  

I'm guessing it might just show up without any tracking info, but this has never happened before.   If I don't have the box by Thursday or Friday there's a problem (since I'm in Oregon, it shouldn't take very long).  

I'm neutral on the box.  It's OK, but it's nothing terribly exciting either. . . at first I was annoyed that the food item was a gummy because I don't eat gelatin.  But I looked at the ingredients and it's vegetarian, so that's pretty nice.  

A lot of MSA ladies are complaining about the shipping if this box. It's so weird! Smart post is so aggravating!

My box should arrive Thusday, it was supposed to be here next Tuesday (my bday whoop whoop)!

So, for what is is worth, here are my thoughts. 

In general, I am really liking this box. I know it doesn't really have a WOW item, but I will use everything and am happy I bought it. That being said, as others have mentioned, I think a piece of jewelry would have really made this a perfect box.

TOWEL & TOTE: Both are cute, both will get used - probably the bag more than the towel. I think they are pretty and classy pieces.

WATER BOTTLE: It looks like a really nice, quality one. I am always trying to replace my cheap plastic bottles with nicer ones, so this is a win for me. (and I agree with others that I will be filling this puppy with wine and using it with the towel and tote :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MIST: Alright, not my favorite item. But maybe I will be a convert. It just bothers me that they just sent a face mist (albeit slightly different idea) in the monthly box. And since I got two June boxes due to the 6 month bologna, I feel overwhelmed with mists. 

GUMMIES: Fine, I'll admit it. Gummies are one of my favorite candies and I hear this brand is really good. Plus, I think they're cute.

NAIL POLISH: Excuse my language, but are you F*$#*!$ kidding me! I would be fine with NEVER getting another nail polish again! So sick of them. But whatever, it is a cheap item for the box and plenty of people like them. I'm personally just so sick of feeling like nail polish is the go-to throw in item when people get sick of trying to curate an interesting item. I would have enjoyed a quality bookmark, iced tea bags, etc...so much more. 

Exactly - kind of boring actually. But on the plus side, it's not a lot of dubiously priced items.  Let us know how you like your box - hopefully the bottle comes in a fun color.
Once the spoilers were out I decided to go to dinner with the fam last night to celebrate our anniversary instead of rushing home (7 years on the 20th, woohoo!) so I didn't get to open my box until late. 

Everything was same as the spoilers...white bottle, coral polish.  The gummies are SUPER CUTE in person, and the bag is much larger than I expected.  I will try to take some pics tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
lauradiniwilk, on 22 Jun 2016 - 1:59 PM, said:
Once the spoilers were out I decided to go to dinner with the fam last night to celebrate our anniversary instead of rushing home (7 years on the 20th, woohoo!) so I didn't get to open my box until late. 

Everything was same as the spoilers...white bottle, coral polish.  The gummies are SUPER CUTE in person, and the bag is much larger than I expected.  I will try to take some pics tonight!
CONGRATS!

A lot of MSA ladies are complaining about the shipping if this box. It's so weird! Smart post is so aggravating!

My box should arrive Thusday, it was supposed to be here next Tuesday (my bday whoop whoop)!
My box sat there for a flippin' week and just started moving today.  It's coming from Sacramento (approx. 9 hours from where I live) and won't get here until next Wednesday.   I'm grumpy I guess, but it seems like Popsugar can't get it's shipping act together with these LE boxes.   

Happy birthday Bizgirlva, so neat that it will arrive on your special day! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Happy birthday @@Bizgirlva!!!!

A couple of pics for those who are still waiting.  I tried to show the bag with a water bottle for scale, but now it also has a kitten for scale because it was SUPER IMPORTANT that she sit on it for as long as I was looking at it. 

IMG_7100.JPG

Gummies!  They are really tasty; sweet without being too over the top.  They are strawberry, raspberry, and vanilla.

IMG_7102.JPG

The water bottle is nice; I wish it were a larger size but it's still better than the tiny swell bottle from the CFDA box.  I guess i'll use that one for hot drinks and this one for cold.

IMG_7103.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
love the nail polish color on your nails.  My box arrives today and I am home tonight, painting my nails with the new color and eating gummies!  Thanks for the photos, puts the item sizes in perspective.
Thanks!  I don't have the bottle with me, but I know it's Smith and Cult.  I think Dark Like Me, the one that was in a LE birchbox around the holidays?  It might be Lover's Creep though, I have both. 

Received my box and my favorite was the nail color and water bottle.  I would have appreciated a fun color for the bottle.  I also think the bag is overpriced compared to similar ones but that's not PS's issue.

Thanks ladies. My b-day is actually Tuesday the 28th, I think I worded my post wrong earlier/above. LOL

But thanks none, the less.

I didn't get my box today either ugh SmartPost is holding it hostage one more day. I should have it tomorrow. 

Back