PopSugar + Neiman Marcus Collaboration **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was super excited for this box, now, after surfing their site and coming across items made with rabbit fur, I'm kinda sad.

Do these boxes usually sell out quickly? Also wondering, for those who extended sub for a year did you get the free extra month thrown in?

I have decided to pass on the LE boxes. I had issues with the Christmas one and decided not to get anymore LE boxes. I have managed to find items from the LE boxes on ebay and have picked them up at great prices. There is no way I will spend $100 for a box and not care for most of the stuff. I bet someone will have that throw on ebay for $40. Which in my eyes is a better way to go unless you absolutely love everything else in the box. I have decided to cancel my subscription because lately the monthly boxes weren't that great. I have 4 boxes that the majority of the stuff is going up on ebay because I don't have any use for the items. The jewelry is nice but not my style. If anyone is interested in finding out what items I'm getting rid of send me a message.

After seeing the spoiler, I will probably pass. The throw is cute, but I don't need it, especially since its price is so high, it is probably the most expensive item from the box. I also think it is going to be more than 100 which is not acceptable for me to pay for a box of items I don't know if I need or will ever use. I am curious what everyone will get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have decided to pass on the LE boxes. I had issues with the Christmas one and decided not to get anymore LE boxes. I have managed to find items from the LE boxes on ebay and have picked them up at great prices. There is no way I will spend $100 for a box and not care for most of the stuff. I bet someone will have that throw on ebay for $40. Which in my eyes is a better way to go unless you absolutely love everything else in the box. I have decided to cancel my subscription because lately the monthly boxes weren't that great. I have 4 boxes that the majority of the stuff is going up on ebay because I don't have any use for the items. The jewelry is nice but not my style. If anyone is interested in finding out what items I'm getting rid of send me a message.
I like that idea.  I'll probably do the same if there's anything I HAVE to have in there.  I can't justify spending a ton of money on a something I'm not guaranteed to like.  

Did you girls get a survey a while back about how much you would be willing to spend on these things?  I can't remember if it was an actual survey or just one of those annoying pop-ups while browsing the site, but it was before they changed the price of the monthly box.  They had questions about how much would you be willing to spend on the monthly box, the limited edition, and how much value you expect to see out of each.  I've grown accustomed to the $100 for $150-$250 value, but they had higher price points on there, and I'm expecting this box to be $200 for a $350-$500 value.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After seeing the spoiler, I will probably pass. The throw is cute, but I don't need it, especially since its price is so high, it is probably the most expensive item from the box. I also think it is going to be more than 100 which is not acceptable for me to pay for a box of items I don't know if I need or will ever use. I am curious what everyone will get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree!
dito.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by RiRi38 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the throw, but I often find a lot of NM quality stuff at TJ's & Marshall's. I bought a $150 throw for a gift for a friend for $40 last year. Anything over $100 & I'm passing. I did get a lot of really cute Target/NM items at 75% off last year that I love!
Same here.

PopSugar just sent me a return label for the October box - I subbed for 3 months starting in November and did not opted in for an earlier box (got one already as a gift).  Since they handled it well, I extended my sub for another 3 months, and will probably stop here if the box is over $100.

OMG!! i freaking LOVVVVEEE this throw. if this box is more than $100 i'm gonna have to skip. i was on a no/low buy until jan but if i can use items as gifts i can justify it and i can definately use that throw as a great gift ! PLLLEEEASSSE POPSUGAR GODS make this box $100!!
7dh.gif

If anyone else is lusting after the throw but balking at the price (and likely price of the box), Overstock has a cute chevron throw in a few different colors for a bit less than $40. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If anyone else is lusting after the throw but balking at the price (and likely price of the box), Overstock has a cute chevron throw in a few different colors for a bit less than $40. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Link please??? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have never bought a LE box from Popsugar and I am really tempted on buying this but I have to decide do I want this box or extend my popsugar subscription to 3 months.

Quote: Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone else is lusting after the throw but balking at the price (and likely price of the box), Overstock has a cute chevron throw in a few different colors for a bit less than $40.
smile.gif

Link please???
smile.gif

I have never bought a LE box from Popsugar and I am really tempted on buying this but I have to decide do I want this box or extend my popsugar subscription to 3 months. http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/50-inch-x-60-inch-Chevron-Throw/6673641/product.html  It's microplush, I think I need the plum one in my life.

Quote: Originally Posted by natashaia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a west elm throw already! Yikes. Idk what to do!
I probably will purchase the box, I have a nice throw from Pottery barn, I sleep with a plush throw and we're a snuggie house (the bf and I each have snuggies, judge away I love the damn thing).  

However, I feel like the throw would make a nice gift for my sister for xmas who just moved into a new house this year.  I've already given her a throw, fromTarget, but I wouldn't be surprised if her dog claimed it.  

Part of the reason I love getting boxes around this time of year is it's a huge life saver when it comes to xmas shopping.  

Anybody know what time the box goes on sale? I wish they released the price so I could decide whether I want it...Anyway does the link go up around midnight or more in the morning usually?

I received a response on not getting any of the emails... They said I'm on the list and should check my spam. (Which I always do and they haven't been there either) so I'm not sure what happened. But they said it goes on sale tomorrow. Guess I'll set a reminder to check for it since I doubt I'll get an email!! Lol

Ill probably get it if it not more than $100. Cause Im already debating on cancelling my subscription bcuz i have not been able to use or been happy with the past coulple of months

I've not been getting email updates either! And, no, not in spam. :icon_sad: Thank goodness for all you helpful ladies giving me the details! :clap If this box is more then $150, I'm going to have to pass. I just re-subbed for a year, plus subbed to Yuzen and it's just crazy how much I've spent! Fingers crossed it's in my budget!

If the ring from the fall box was $75 and the box was $100, then I fear this one will be more like $250–$300. It seems unlikely that it would cost the same as (or less than) the throw, but I hope I'm wrong. 

Back