PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrOpossum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I sent an email about my tumor-looking clutch asking for a replacement, but not if they are also crummy. If I request something else, what should I ask for? Suggestions?

Malignant does seem to describe these clutches quite nicely.

I sent an email with a dozen or so pics of my special clutches (and chipped bracelet) along with an email stating that I didn't want replacement clutches due to the numerous issues I'd seen with them. PS responded with an email asking for pictures of the clutches so they could forward them to RB of McD. I re-attached the same pictures and again stressed that I did not want replacement clutches. The last response I received was that they had all blue replacement clutches for me. Sigh. I sent a response to that stating for a third time that I didn't want replacement clutches. This was on Friday and I'm awaiting their next email stating that they've shipped my replacement clutches.

It's like dealing with the voice-recognition software when you call a bank, the response and options you get are in no way influenced by what you say and if they solve your problem it's simply a happy coincidence.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Malignant does seem to describe these clutches quite nicely.

I sent an email with a dozen or so pics of my special clutches (and chipped bracelet) along with an email stating that I didn't want replacement clutches due to the numerous issues I'd seen with them. PS responded with an email asking for pictures of the clutches so they could forward them to RB of McD. I re-attached the same pictures and again stressed that I did not want replacement clutches. The last response I received was that they had all blue replacement clutches for me. Sigh. I sent a response to that stating for a third time that I didn't want replacement clutches. This was on Friday and I'm awaiting their next email stating that they've shipped my replacement clutches.

It's like dealing with the voice-recognition software when you call a bank, the response and options you get are in no way influenced by what you say and if they solve your problem it's simply a happy coincidence.
How frustrating.  Is there something from a previous LE box that you like?  Maybe you can suggest what you might like instead.  I hope they don't just ship you another clutch.

I just realized that the gold paint on the small bracelet is also coming off already. I'm really disappointed by the low quality of these beads. I couldn't care less if they are some obscure gemstones .. give me plastic that stays and I'm fine with it. This however is just sad.

Though I'm not blaming PS for this .. and I doubt it makes any sense asking for a replacement. It's just the way those bracelets are. I won't be thinking about ordering any other from their website though either.

They look wonderful, but if they don't last longer than a few hours looking like that .. what's the point?

I think June is the last of my prepaid regular boxes. I'm canceling after that one and I don't think I'm going to get any more LE ones either .. though maybe I shouldn't base that last decision on the frustrating experience the resort one has been. I did like that other LE I got through them a lot.

I just realized that the gold paint on the small bracelet is also coming off already. I'm really disappointed by the low quality of these beads. I couldn't care less if they are some obscure gemstones .. give me plastic that stays and I'm fine with it. This however is just sad. Though I'm not blaming PS for this .. and I doubt it makes any sense asking for a replacement. It's just the way those bracelets are. I won't be thinking about ordering any other from their website though either. They look wonderful, but if they don't last longer than a few hours looking like that .. what's the point? I think June is the last of my prepaid regular boxes. I'm canceling after that one and I don't think I'm going to get any more LE ones either .. though maybe I shouldn't base that last decision on the frustrating experience the resort one has been. I did like that other LE I got through them a lot.
I was fortunate to recieve a not so bad all blue clutch. I canceled my Sub. After waiting 2 months for this box I'm extremely disappointed with the the three higher cost high end items. The towell is more like a strangely shaped table cloth, it's really not that large even for a towell, I'm probably going to end using in my Airstream for a table cloth price - worth to me $18. The bracelets are bulkier and heavier than expected, I would have like to pair them with others, but will have to separate, they'll bother my wrist if i wore them for long - worth to me $20. The clutch, awkward looking.... Wish those letters would wear off, that don't size looks anything but high end, this is presently being used as a makeup bag.... Why did they even bother to make it one third leather? Would have been much more quality to have constructed with a bright patterned re-versable (inside out - reverse option zipper) lining and a small quality sewn on bar tag with the designer's name/logo and ditched the leather -worth to me $15.

Has anyone received their replacement clutch- the brand has a chance to redeem themselves & Im interested to see how they handle the situation.

Has anyone received their replacement clutch- the brand has a chance to redeem themselves & Im interested to see how they handle the situation.
I haven't gotten mine yet.  Are we supposed to get a tracking email for it, or will it just show up eventually?  In my last email from CS, they said they would be sending it out soon.  That was last Thursday.

I haven't gotten mine yet.  Are we supposed to get a tracking email for it, or will it just show up eventually?  In my last email from CS, they said they would be sending it out soon.  That was last Thursday.
I was told on Wed., the 16th, that they'd send another but didn't provide any other details. I've not gotten any tracking info...

I received a replacement from PS a while ago & I never received tracking- I think it was sent USPS & it just showed up.

Just got my replacement clutch and it is even worse than the original one. Different leather colours and sizes .. plus a thread running over the leather. It looks terrible. O well. The company is clearly cheap crap.

Just got my replacement clutch and it is even worse than the original one. Different leather colours and sizes .. plus a thread running over the leather. It looks terrible. O well. The company is clearly cheap crap.
Did you get a shipping notification, or did it just show up? And really, what a bummer. I would have half a mind to send the bag back to RB of McD and ask them if they know that this is how their company is being represented. 

It just appeared in my mailbox.

I'm thinking that the company (RB of McD) just wanted to use PopSugar for publicity. So, they decided to make a really really cheap copy of one of their real bags and give it to them to include in the box. So, apart from frustrated customers, they get FB posts and other publicity for free even though this version of their product totally sucks. And, based on the fact that usually the quality of the items in PS LE boxes are high, I'm just assuming that PS didn't even know that they were getting such a cheap copy version instead of the real thing.

I'm still thinking if I should contact PS CS again to tell them my mind. I won't ask for another replacement as I really don't need any more crappy bags, but just so they know. (Though I'm sure they do).

Here is a pic FYI:

The zipper does look neat this time around, but that thread .. come on! (It's sewn in on both sides .. not sure if I can cut it of without making the whole thing come apart).
2q3y80y.jpg

I just got my replacement clutch today and while the zipper works better , the leather on each side is different colors! Oh well...

I still haven't gotten my replacement bag but my husband finally saw the crappy one I got already and keeps saying it looks like one of those bank deposit bags (like when I worked retail and had to drop off night deposits). I hate to say it but I think he's right!

I just received an email saying that since my Resort box shipped late they were sending a vbeaute lip gloss in my May box. (If you're not a subscriber they would send it to the address your Resort box was sent to.) 

Super excited! Love vbeaute!

I still haven't gotten my replacement bag but my husband finally saw the crappy one I got already and keeps saying it looks like one of those bank deposit bags (like when I worked retail and had to drop off night deposits). I hate to say it but I think he's right!
Funny, my dad saw it and asked the same thing. I looked at him like he was clueless and explained it was a foldover clutch. (I do see the resemblance but I also like giving my dad a hard time.)

I actually love it; mine didn't have any quality issues and it's a great size and color. I've been using it a lot when I go out for quick errands and don't want to put my card holder and phone into my pockets. 

I just received an email saying that since my Resort box shipped late they were sending a vbeaute lip gloss in my May box. (If you're not a subscriber they would send it to the address your Resort box was sent to.) 

Super excited! Love vbeaute!
Yup! Got the email also... looking forward to trying this brand.

I truly loved their monthly boxes, but this special edition was highly disappointing to me. I could have gotten two of the monthly boxes for the cost of this box and had double the enjoyment.

I got the replacement clutch too (no notification, it just showed up), and it was slightly better sewn but it's still not that nice. It's just sort of cheap looking. And now that I have bank deposit bag in my head, that's all I'll see!

I received replacement for the bracelet and the clutch.  Both are so much better.  I received the all navy clutch.  The front leather is smoother and the leather on the back has the lavender tinge.  I am wondering if these clutches are supposed to have the 2 toned leather.  The tan one has the stamp on the textured side and it would have been so much better had it been on the smoother side.  I am going to gift the all navy one with the other items in the box.  I may end up using the tan one.  But, I won't use the clutch as a clutch but more as a bag to put in a bag.  For right now it will sit in a drawer.  

They will be sending me a replacement clutch - we shall see how it goes. I don't have high hopes based on what others have said.

For those who got the chain to go on the clutch...what did you think of the chain? I love the lobster claw clasp but I felt the chain itself looked kinda cheap. I feel like the chain is a brass or rose gold color while the clasp itself is gold. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Overall I am disappointed with RB of McD. I was so excited initially... the bags on their website look lovely. I will say that the customer service seems really great but the products are so "meh". I doubt I will ever buy a leather good from them based on the bank deposit bags...I mean clutches we received.

Latest posts

Back