PopSugar Special Edition Summer Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can post a photo, but I cannot remember how to put it in a spoiler, but I guess its okay since it is a spoiler thread. 

10246758_531032983668109_2360785280208128455_n.png

Super excited for this!! I LOVE tarte lip products!! My lipsurgence collection is huge! YAY!!
I just realized that it says color may vary. Hmm I was liking this coral color. 

I just realized that it says color may vary. Hmm I was liking this coral color. 
I find most of their colors are flattering on most people. The exceptions for me have been the super light pinks, but even those I have found a way to lightly layer over others, so I am not too worried about getting a "bad" color.  I have tried the cheek stains before too and liked them. I never repurchased it so it will be nice to get another.

Yay! I <3 Tarte.  This spoiler just inspired me to use the Lipsurgence I keep at my desk (I have so many, they are my fav).

Looks like both lip and cheek product, right?

Very excited about this .. hoping for the coral color!! (with my luck in these boxes, I'll end up getting a dark dark berry ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

Tipsy is part of the Power Pigment line of LipSurgence. I only have them from the Lip Luster line. Anyone have any experience with the Power Pigments?

I want this box!  But I am sooo low on money right now.  So do I need this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm... I was completely on the fence with whether to get this box or not. There's nothing wrong with the spoiler, but it's not really compelling me either. They look super cute, but I feel like I have a thousand things like it in my makeup drawer. I guess that's my problem though, not PopSugar's. Hahahaha

I think I'm in the minority, but I actually loved the resort box. Even the items I couldn't use, I thought were ok and I traded to get multiples of the things I really loved. I am so looking forward to the summer box! Even though I'm sure I won't love everything, I do enjoy the surprise, the suspense, the stalking and the discovery of new things. Hoping for a really nice beach tote. The one I have is from the B & B Works VIP tote deal. It's cute, but something a little more luxurious would be fun for trips away and for the Saturday market, etc. I don 't think they've done a beach tote yet, have they?
I loved it too! I got two boxes and don't regret it. I stack all those bracelets and they look great! I use the body wash (as shampoo too) and the face mist all the time. The eyeliner is great quality and really fun for day looks and layering. The only dud for me was the clutch.

I know with the Resort box, the spoilers were bigger ticket items...the bracelets and towel.  I have a million blushes and lip products already.  Can anyone tell me if past LE boxes have released the higher valued products??  i'm still on the fence...

I think I'm in the minority, but I actually loved the resort box. Even the items I couldn't use, I thought were ok and I traded to get multiples of the things I really loved. I am so looking forward to the summer box! Even though I'm sure I won't love everything, I do enjoy the surprise, the suspense, the stalking and the discovery of new things. Hoping for a really nice beach tote. The one I have is from the B & B Works VIP tote deal. It's cute, but something a little more luxurious would be fun for trips away and for the Saturday market, etc. I don 't think they've done a beach tote yet, have they?
I LOVED the resort box, even though I didn't love the clutch.  I recently used my towel on vacation, and it did a grand job of protecting me during a rainstorm on the beach.  It was also so soft and luxuious.  I wear my bracelets daily -- either stacked (I bought two boxes) or just individually.  I also love the mist for setting my makeup.  As a resort box, many of the products were actually perfect for the vacation, and I was very pleased! BUT, to each their own.

I'd like tipsy, fearless, exposed, or blissful (most want!) True love looks cool too. Shoot, they are all nice!

I know with the Resort box, the spoilers were bigger ticket items...the bracelets and towel.  I have a million blushes and lip products already.  Can anyone tell me if past LE boxes have released the higher valued products??  i'm still on the fence...
The bracelets where not actually released as spoilers but "accidentally on purpose" on IG. The towels was a higher cost item but the bracelets were more, if I'm remembering right...I think the same was true with the past boxes; they release not the highest value item, but the second highest. The men's holiday box they released the speaker but the travel pouch was higher valued.

I have to  many lip products as it is. I whole box full I haven't used yet.   I still would rather hold on to my $100

Well I caved, because at least I know that I will use two of the products in the box (and i've always wanted to try Tarte products). I didn't hate the resort box. I've gotten use out of just about everything. But i wasn't amazed by it. At least I know that I will get some sort of use out of the summer box. I was on the edge and this barely tipped the scale, but it did. 

I have only been getting limited edition boxes since last summer. Here is what I remember in regards to spoilers.

Women’s Luxury Box – 2012:Total Value $275

No spoilers I can remember

Men’s Luxury Box – 2012: - Total Value $233.10

No spoilers I can remember

Luxury Edition Summer Fun for Her 2013 : Total Value $300

Spoiler - House of Harlow sunglasses - $125 value (most expensive item)

Luxury Edition Summer Box Fun for Him 2013: Total Value $250

Spoiler – only clues were given for 3 items in the box, nothing officially released.

Fall Must Have Style Box 2013 – Total value $350

Spoiler – Rachel Zoe Knot Ring - $75 value (tied for 2nd most expensive item)

Neiman Marcus 2013 – Total Value $630

Spoiler – Chevron Throw - $195 value (most expensive item)

Holiday for Her 2013: Total Value $350

No spoilers

Holiday for Him 2013: - Total Value $250

Monocle Speaker - $50 value (3rd most expensive item)

Resort 2014 - Total Value $400

[SIZE=11pt]Cuyana Turkish towel - $55 value (3nd most expensive item)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Now we all know value does not equal quality (looking at you R&D Clutch), but I am hoping the Tarte spoiler is the 3rd most expensive item in the box.a $54 value for both if they are full sized.[/SIZE]

Anyone know the average value of the SE boxes? I always feel like the monthly boxes are a great value (especially after using a coupon) but for $100, I expect A LOT more.

Anyone know the average value of the SE boxes? I always feel like the monthly boxes are a great value (especially after using a coupon) but for $100, I expect A LOT more.
I updated my previous post with total values of each box. Totals from MSA and Ramblings of A Surburban Mom.

Back