PopSugar Target Box, 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously how is it already sold out? i'm so sad i missed it

I'll buy someones from them if they're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how they're saying the demand was unexpected. The Target box sold out within a day last year and was easily the most popular box of the year, so how could it be unexpected?

Well at least I no longer have the should/should not angst since it sold out.    I definitely did not need another tracker but will probably regret missing out on the other stuff.  They should have increased their stock for sure or at least held off on the spoiler.

Wow, that was fast.  I have been projecting my screen at work for the last few hours so I couldn't check.  Whatever, I don't need a jawbone and I need to spend less $$ anyway.  Excited for everyone who got the box though!!!

I managed to snag one and I'm pretty stoked, as I don't have a fitness tracker already! I was super bummed that I didn't grab the box last year, it was such a good deal. Hopefully this year's lives up to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizgirlva, on 05 Jan 2016 - 1:38 PM, said:The folks on FB are PISSED it sold out so fast.  Yikes!
I can totally understand being annoyed and am surprised my willpower lasted.  PS is so hard to figure out sometimes.  They shared the highest value spoiler (at least I would think it is the highest value item) for a box that they had in limited amounts.  Not really a surprise that it sold out so quickly when you think that the cost of the tracker alone was worth the cost of the box.

I can totally understand being annoyed and am surprised my willpower lasted.  PS is so hard to figure out sometimes.  They shared the highest value spoiler (at least I would think it is the highest value item) for a box that they had in limited amounts.  Not really a surprise that it sold out so quickly when you think that the cost of the tracker alone was worth the cost of the box.
Some folks may not have realized that it sold out super fast last year and expected it to hang around at least long enough for emails to come in and people to get a chance to click over an buy it.

I wonder if the limited supply is due to to Target/JawBone and not PopSugar. I'm sure PS would love to sell hundreds and hundreds of boxes but like you said with the box containing such a popular and high value item that more than offsets the cost of the box, it's not that surprising that it sold out quickly. Combined with people possibly having some extra xmas money from holiday gifts, the whole push to get in shape and healthier in January and the presumably very limited inventory and popularity last year, it's not a total shocker. But I certainly get why people are annoyed at the very least.

I got the alert from MSA, I was able to click over and could have purchased one but once I saw it had a jawbone I had to figure did I need it considering I have a fitbit, my sister has a fitbit and no one else in my life would want my fitbit. If I was going to upgrade tracker devices, it would be a heart-rate monitor or something similar.

I can't wait to see what else is in the box. I liked last year's box but I also already had a fitbit so I wasn't too bummed I missed out. I would have loved that yoga mat but I also stopped practicing this winter since my teacher had a baby. 

In other PS news, my holiday survival (Today show) box shipped today. Can't wait to get it.

I bought one, I was refreshing the PSMH site on my phone for about 10 minutes before it launched since I knew it was going to be on sale today. I'm glad that there is a fitness tracker in the box, my FitBit died a few days ago and since it's literally days after their warranty period (I had it for 15 months, warranty is 180 days) FitBit won't do anything for me. 

My guess is they released that spoiler so that people who got the box last year wouldn't feel ripped off by getting a very similar item this year.

My guess is they released that spoiler so that people who got the box last year wouldn't feel ripped off by getting a very similar item this year.
I was wondering that too, when I saw there was going to be another Target/Fitness box this year.

theori3, on 05 Jan 2016 - 3:54 PM, said:My guess is they released that spoiler so that people who got the box last year wouldn't feel ripped off by getting a very similar item this year.
Agreed. I do not think that last year they released the fitbit spoiler or any spoilers.  Perhaps they felt that the box wouldn't sell without the spoiler/clarification but it's just surprising for them to offer the main spoiler out of the gate.  And even more surprising that PS CS sounded surprised that it sold out so quickly. 

Wowzers that sold out fast.  I do think Popsugar did the right thing letting everyone know a fitness tracker would be in there again.  I did pick up a box this time the Jawbone tracker sold me I m super excited to get a tracker I really wasn't expecting another one to be in this box. Pop sugar does have to get better about sending the email that states when the box goes up for sale I didn't get an email till like 2pm, I just happened to check the pop sugar site during my lunch today. I feel bad for people that were relying on getting the email and missed out on the box--- not the first time that has happened either with special edition boxes.  Did anyone actually get an e-mail as soon as the box went on sale?  Hope its a fun one I d love some barre socks, a nice post gym beauty or hair item , healthy snack or supplement and I d love a pilates ring w dvd or maybe a gift card for some new workout clothes/sneaks.  What would you like to see?

No Dry Shampoo. !!!!!! It never works for my hair (dark hair) and I have a ton. I would love a yoga item or some new hand weights. A nice shower oil would work too.

Just a thought for next year.... I personally would love to be able to pick one of these up at my local Target store - it would probably be a madhouse but fun. 

Am I correct in remembering that this box shipped and was received super quickly.  I think it shipped earlier than expected fingers crossed that happens again!

Back