Profile Views "Do you get creeped out?"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with jacquelyna . Most often people do lurks and stalks even steals.

They probably want to know you better but just don't how to start other than reading your profile first and perhaps leave some comment later if they want or at least have something nice to say.

But I do get creep out or curious when people lurk my sites everyday without leaving any messages or comments especially when I saw the stats that they're using grabber script lol.

I don't even check who has looked at my profile. For the first few months that I was here, I didn't even know about the profile views... and when I found out I thought it was cool for about a week. Now, like I said.. I never look. I don't care.. I don't really see the point in it. Doesn't creep me out, doesn't bother me. Oh, and if you see me on your profile views a lot, it probably means your posts crack me up, and I click on your profile just to view your posts. It's easier that way. Of course I always leave comments too.

lol some people just take this website a little too seriously.. hence your '' i haven't been nominated for motm so i'm offended '' thread. i'm not trying to be a ***** but, lighten up. maybe someone thinks you're interesting?? idk. i doubt they're gonna hunt u down or anything.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Should I turn profile views off? I think that would encourage the stalking, lol.
I like looking @ peoples profiles, to see where they've come from, if they have anything interesting to say or if they have updated info.

I usually don't comment unless I catch myself repeatedly clicking on it. Then I don't want to feel creepy so I will comment. I don't mind people looking at mine. That's why I have stuff on there about me, nothing too personal, but I wonder about everybody's lives, so if you have a cute avatar, I will probablly check it out.

I also don't have anything interesting to say pretty much all the time!

lighten up lol

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol some people just take this website a little too seriously.. hence your '' i haven't been nominated for motm so i'm offended '' thread. i'm not trying to be a ***** but, lighten up. maybe someone thinks you're interesting?? idk. i doubt they're gonna hunt u down or anything.

I dont even look at my profile views. ButI have looked at someone's profile before if they made a post its nice to put a face to a post....and I didnt leave a comment... uh oh
smile.gif

traits of a stalker! lol just kdding

Originally Posted by GlossyAbby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont even look at my profile views. ButI have looked at someone's profile before if they made a post its nice to put a face to a post....and I didnt leave a comment... uh oh
smile.gif

I do it all of the time...simply as a form of flattery because I love the persons make up and I am in the mirror trying to recreate it!!!

ahah i leared you could check like...a month ago LOL

I was always wondering how people left posts like "thanks for droping by my profile" LOLOLOL ahaha lol THIS is why im not a mod on a tech forum lol

by the way people, now that you know that i moonlight as a stalker, i can start taking names, if it is more than 2 profile views a day...i charge extra!!! LINE UP! dont block the street, thank you have a nice day
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif ahah i leared you could check like...a month ago LOL
I was always wondering how people left posts like "thanks for droping by my profile" LOLOLOL ahaha lol THIS is why im not a mod on a tech forum lol

by the way people, now that you know that i moonlight as a stalker, i can start taking names, if it is more than 2 profile views a day...i charge extra!!! LINE UP! dont block the street, thank you have a nice day
biggrin.gif

I'm lining up! but..You can't see my views, so you can't charge me
moa.gif
LOL jk
wink.gif

I'm actually sad at my lack of profile views
bowl2.gif

LOL!!

I also notice that I just kind of look at profiles mindlessly. Usually when someone writes something in a thread I find interesting or dislike, I wanna know about who wrote it. I also like following "comment conversations"
eusa_whistle.gif
Haha....yes, I admit it!!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm a PRO stalker. I can stalk multiple people at multiple times!! Dont worry!!!
policeman.gif
Oohh...she's gonna get you, Aprill! lol!

Originally Posted by -Liz- /img/forum/go_quote.gif look Nury, ill find a way lolol HAHA!

well i look at people's profiles all the time and i have seen yours as well. sometimes i dont remember whos who and mindlessly click, but im certainly not "stalking" anyone.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also I wanted to say that I do get offended by the private person on facebook that pets my monkey for munny, just wanted to throw that out........... Well at least it is not getting spanked Aprill.

Hi Ricci. I probably recently looked at your profile more than once because you had posted your 80's pics and people commented how different you look. When people switch avatars I can't remember who's who. I'm still new to this cyber socializing stuff, but I followed Aprils link to the "proper conduct" video and it said lurk first and don't make posts like "lol". I'm learning - I hope I haven't bothered you.

Also, Daer0n, when I followed the link to the photoshop queen's page, I caught the new Madonna for the first time. Thanks.

I only check my views once in awhile. I don't really care. I've looked at people's profiles and not left comments.

I think when you searching old posts and you read something and you still kind of new you would like to know a little more about who posted them. I know it's been my way of trying to get to know everyone. Put a name to face. So I know I'm guilty about clicking on profiles to see who's behind them. I don't leave comments. I don't know what to say. Alot of the time I see them and go ooops, I know who you are and leave again. I know that I filled out my profile just so that people could learn a little about me and even left a link to my myspace so they could check that out. Check away.

Latest posts

Back