Profile Views "Do you get creeped out?"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know how to see how many people view your profile...I'm gonna find out how lol.

yeah....all the people who have viewed my page has left me a comment...i kinda feel bad now...I haven't commented back....nor do I comment on anyones page....

Also, sometimes I just check if someone posts about a rave for a certain product, especially if we have a similar skin tone, I'll go to their profile to see what else they've reviewed.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that would encourage the stalking, lol.
I like looking @ peoples profiles, to see where they've come from, if they have anything interesting to say or if they have updated info.

I usually don't comment unless I catch myself repeatedly clicking on it. Then I don't want to feel creepy so I will comment. I don't mind people looking at mine. That's why I have stuff on there about me, nothing too personal, but I wonder about everybody's lives, so if you have a cute avatar, I will probablly check it out.

I also don't have anything interesting to say pretty much all the time!

Me too! So if I have looked at anyones profile more than once, I swear I ain't stalking. I forget whose profiles I have peeped before. Also, I accidently click on profiles without meaning to as well.

I knew about the profile views and there has been a couple of times where I clicked on a profile and realized that I had clicked on it before and got off real fast so I didn't look like a stalker....
laughing.gif

I'm just curious as to what everyone is like and if I have clicked on anyones profile more than once it was an accident.

I used to snoop all the time on Myspace though, but that stopped once I found out about that Spyspace!!!

I have always known that you could check your profile views, but I never look to see who's been there. I lurk around profiles once in awhile myself, so I have no right getting upset because people have done it to mine. Nor do I have the time to worry about such things.

OMG! I always want to check out people profile just to see about them. common interests, etc I never really do casue I dont want people to think wtf is she doing! I would leave a comment then people would be like why was she on my page especially when i dont have anything interesting to say! HOWEVER.... I always get so excited when someone leaves ME a comment on my page though!!!!! So nice!!! Makes me happy to be part of this happy lil mut world!!

I get creeped out when people start actually caring who looks at their profiles to be honest. I never bother to even look.

depends how many times that one person has looked without comenting .

and Mindy been a long time since I seen u post

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get creeped out when people start actually caring who looks at their profiles to be honest. I never bother to even look.

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol some people just take this website a little too seriously.. hence your '' i haven't been nominated for motm so i'm offended '' thread. i'm not trying to be a ***** but, lighten up. Bah ha.
I don't get creeped out because I rarely check my profile anyways.

I think it's a bit obsessive to see who looks at your profile, imo.

I don't often click on someone's profile - only to get some info on them or whatever.

whatever turns your crank

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pobre Vaca'How about let's not. And me just continuing laughing at this thread.

Yeah.

I seriously don't get all these sob threads you create for folks to feel sorry about you, but mmkay. Whateva.

*Goes look at profile views* SIKE

lmao thats what Celly would say .. hater

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah. I seriously don't get all these sob threads you create for folks to feel sorry about you, but mmkay. Whateva.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get creeped out when people start actually caring who looks at their profiles to be honest. I never bother to even look. lol . . . you should read Mindy's blog about this very topic. I happened upon it one day when I was stalki... errr seeing who she was
wink.gif

I'm guilty of looking at others' profiles multiple times. And, the reason is because I can't keep people straight for the life of me. I really wish I could but it takes me a *VERY* long time to be able to remember who is who. If you think it's frustrating for you to have multiple looks by the same person, imagine how frustrating it is for me to have to look multiple times just to jog my memory as to whom you are?!?! And, even as I type this, I can't for the life of me remember if I have even looked at your profile, ever, although it's possible I could have looked at it seventy-eleven times.

I also don't respond to comments left on my profile views-- or I haven't as of yet. I feel badly for not doing so but then I have no clue what to say.

In addition, I always have a problem remembering what I have commented on and someone could be addressing me in a thread and, instead of me ignoring them, I just forget where I've "spoken" at.

Also, I have a problem returning personal emails and private messages-- sometimes it takes me a week to do so. It's like I don't feel as if I can make a quick reply and the answer I need to give would take so much time that I just can't do it at that moment either because I don't have the time or I don't have the mental energy to do it right then (seriously!!) And then by the time I get around to remembering, it's sooooo late and I feel even worse and . . . it just goes on and on.

I have a difficult time remembering posts from people too. So much so that when I respond and reference something that I *think* I possibly remember someone saying, I have to go back and do a search to make sure it is them who said it. I also have a difficult time remembering people's real names. I feel like a total idiot when others are using someone's real name and I am still calling them "preferdogsovercats, I agree with you-- I hate high heels too!" I can hardly even remember my childrens' names, let alone a semi-total stranger's name. (You think I'm kidding? I call my newborn "what's his name" continually and I also call him "her" and "she" alll the time-- people laugh at me but I'm not trying to be funny!!!)

I've learned that many of the peripheral things in life that I think may have to do with me, most of the time have nothing to do with me at all-- it's all about someone else. Kind of like that thing Dr. Phil says "You wouldnt be so worried about what people think of you, if you knew how seldom they did."

Hope that shines some different light on the subject.

Warmly,

Brandi

hey while we're on the topic why do some people put absolutely nothing on their profile page? i mean they can't find one interesting thing to say about themselves?

Latest posts

Back