QVC Test Tube - Third Quarter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QVC links are not up yet. Once up I or another member will have the links posted.

Thank you! I'm brand new to the beauty boxes, have signed up for the regular Test Tube and Q3 will be my first. I can't wait until it's here!

Could someone please give me a basic description of the DIFFERENCES between the QVC Test Tube and the one directly from the Test Tube website? Thank you!

Suzy

(who now has a caviar manicure from Sephora on 3 fingers and counting!)

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you! I'm brand new to the beauty boxes, have signed up for the regular Test Tube and Q3 will be my first. I can't wait until it's here!

Could someone please give me a basic description of the DIFFERENCES between the QVC Test Tube and the one directly from the Test Tube website? Thank you!

Suzy

(who now has a caviar manicure from Sephora on 3 fingers and counting!)
hi Claudia. the products are different between the two versions, except for 1 or 2 items and the New Beauty magazine.  last month, both versions of the TT had eyeshadow sticks from Mally beauty.  i think this month it's a lip gloss from Mally.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

According to the ad in NEW BEAUTY, the QVC TT will be sold starting 8/25 and will contain the following:

• Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner
  • Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color
  • Philosophy love sweet love 3-in-1 gel
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle
  • Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
  • Algenist Firming Cream
  • Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

This one is (admittedly) more to my tastes than the NBTT that was already discussed, but....nothing I'm absolutely gagging for.
Found your quote, thanks!  Now I DO want the TT, but only QVC!

I wanted to share this link with ya'll, it's a cosmetic calculator.  You plug in brand name and batch code and it will tell you the expiratioin date of the product.  Not all the new names are in there, but I have found it to be useful for figuring out if I should keep or chuck stuff that I don't even remember buying.  It's kinda neat!!

http://checkcosmetic.net/

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Oh, the list of items is very tempting - I see four items I would love to try!

With QVC, can I order it off their website or do I need to subscribe? 

I think I may jump on this when they open up. They're usually better sample size and QVC has the automated system, too right?

QVC has the autoship and you can skip Tubes. If you aren't sure, you might want to wait for the presentation. Last time it seemed like the autoshippers were getting the orange red Tarte Lipsurgence and there were a lot of unhappy people. When I subscribed after the presentation, they were shipping the lighter pink colors.

This Tube doesn't sound as thrilling to me as the last one. Again I'm hoping I don't get a certain shade in something. I already have a set of 3 of the Mally lipcolors and 2 of them disappear on me and none of them last very long. None of them look the way they do on the models. I hope I get something more pigmented-the Orchid sounds perfect. I have Algenist and Argan Oil coming out of my ears, and I've read some negative things about that Spackle. I'm somewhat interested in the Philosophy gel, the Ojon and the Bliss, and I know the Smashbox primer is good. thought about skipping but I probably won't. I would love it if they added extras like the regular Test Tube is doing, but this is QVC we're talking about.
rolleyes.gif

This makes me extremely happy. I love absolutely everything on that list! This is my fave sub by far.

(Just found this thread - thanks Zadi
biggrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QVC has the autoship and you can skip Tubes. If you aren't sure, you might want to wait for the presentation. Last time it seemed like the autoshippers were getting the orange red Tarte Lipsurgence and there were a lot of unhappy people. When I subscribed after the presentation, they were shipping the lighter pink colors.

This Tube doesn't sound as thrilling to me as the last one. Again I'm hoping I don't get a certain shade in something. I already have a set of 3 of the Mally lipcolors and 2 of them disappear on me and none of them last very long. None of them look the way they do on the models. I hope I get something more pigmented-the Orchid sounds perfect. I have Algenist and Argan Oil coming out of my ears, and I've read some negative things about that Spackle. I'm somewhat interested in the Philosophy gel, the Ojon and the Bliss, and I know the Smashbox primer is good. thought about skipping but I probably won't. I would love it if they added extras like the regular Test Tube is doing, but this is QVC we're talking about.
rolleyes.gif
This.

I'm on autoship as well  for the tube and when I saw the mally lipgloss, I was a little sad. I'm usually a NUT about glosses and I keep the less loved ones in drawers at work for a little quick color if needed. But both mally glosses I have, have sparkle to them and I can FEEL it on my lips.

I also have a spackle eye pen and I'm not a fan of that either.

Even with these negatives I can still gift out those two things that I know I don't favor. Surprisingly, people love getting my cosmetic rejects!

Overall, I think the Tube looks good.

Does anyone have a picture of this one? I am wondering about the sizes of the samples. 

According to the ad in NEW BEAUTY, the QVC TT will be sold starting 8/25 and will contain the following:
  • Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine
This one is (admittedly) more to my tastes than the NBTT that was already discussed, but....nothing I'm absolutely gagging for.
Meh. I have delayed the shipment a couple of weeks, but will likely skip this one. Just not excited enough to justify the price.

Meh. I have delayed the shipment a couple of weeks, but will likely skip this one. Just not excited enough to justify the price.
I hear ya, I can already guessing the sizes for most things due to previous samples I've collected along the way.. . The little dropper of the Josie oil, the Philosophy is usually 2oz, The Algenist from a previous NBTT was a .5 jar.. but who knows. I am one of the people that is getting the free shipping and I think I will keep it just because it's only 30.. But there's nothing super exciting going on.. hmmm.. I Just can't decide.

I've already tried and/or own 6 out of the 8 products. I have at least 10 Mally lip colors already.

Has anyone tried the Smashbox primer or Laura Geller eye spackle? How are they? I've not tried those, and if they're really great I'll get the box and either trade or keep for travel the other samples.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• Algenist Firming Cream
  • NEW BEAUTY magazine

We need someone that has the regular NBTT to look in the magazine for us! Then we should be able to figure out the sizes..

I found this on another website with the magazine preview- Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner 2 oz Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color -full size? Philosophy 3 in 1 Love Sweet Love 1 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 0.5 oz (shows regular formula) Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle (full size) Josie Maran Argan Oil (small dropper size) Algenist Firming Cream (no size shown but looks like the previous one that I have which is .5) Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter 1.7 size I would also like to know how the Eye Spackel works for oily lids..

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've already tried and/or own 6 out of the 8 products. I have at least 10 Mally lip colors already.

Has anyone tried the Smashbox primer or Laura Geller eye spackle? How are they? I've not tried those, and if they're really great I'll get the box and either trade or keep for travel the other samples.
I love Smashbox primers; the oil-free version is my holy grail.The regular version is good too and works best on normal to dry skin in my opinion.

I really like the Laura Geller waterproof eye spackle. I got it in a kit I ordered from QVC in January. It reminds me a lot of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Here are some photos of it and an excerpt from my blog when I reviewed it:

The Waterproof Eye Spackle is a brand new product from the Laura Geller line. It’s a thick, opaque flesh colored primer. Once applied to the lid, it will make any eyeshadow that you put on top of it, completely waterproof. It’s in a pen dispenser with a clicker base and a brush applicator tip. Apply a bit under your bottom lash line to waterproof your liner. Just be sure to blend this in quickly because it dries pretty fast. It’s got a yellow undertone so it’s perfect for anyone with redness around the eyes.

Back