QVC Test Tube - Third Quarter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited to receive my box - I got the shipping info yesterday; since I'm in Canada, no free shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But the preview looks really good to me - I like the QVC version better than the New Beauty version I think. 

No, that's for the spring tube. The August one hasn't been presented yet.
I'm confused. How are people getting this quarters testtube if it has been presented yet? I tried to purchase but it said it was sold out. It listed all the products for this quarter and they are the same ones people are getting. Maybe it's a blessing as I have so many subs already. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We have subscriptions. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you have a QVC Test Tube subscription then they auto-send the next quarter before it's actually sold to the general public.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was still on the fence about getting this one until I saw you pictures. I want it! The smashbox primer looks like a decent size. Every other sample of that I have gotten is the tiny tube. I love that primer. However, I found an OTC product that is identical to the silicone type primers. It's the lanacane anti chafing gel. I compared ingredients and they are basically the same. I took my smashbox primer in to work with me and had my pharmacist look at that compared to the lanacane to see if the lanacane would be ok for face and he said yes. But of course he gave me this strange look to why I would put anti chafing stuff on my face. Lol Thanks again for clearing up my confusion and posting the oh so tempting pictures. I can't wait to order.

Thanks for posting that Zadi. Looks like you got Mally's Pink too. The picture only shows one color so they may all be that. I don't like nudes. My Spackle is fair/light, do these differ? The box is ok. Looking forward to trying the Spackle, primer, and Ojon. I will use the Algenist. I'll probably gift or trade the rest.

I can't wait to get mine. Sadly, it is coming a little later than it normally would because my credit card on file expired and needed to be updated. I am excited to get the Laura Geller eye spackle because I am almost out of my Smashbox eyelid primer. Of coarse I knew all the products that were coming a while ago because I caved and purchased the magazine when it first came out.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for posting that Zadi. Looks like you got Mally's Pink too. The picture only shows one color so they may all be that. I don't like nudes. My Spackle is fair/light, do these differ? The box is ok. Looking forward to trying the Spackle, primer, and Ojon. I will use the Algenist. I'll probably gift or trade the rest.
Nope, mine is Mally's Look. Spackle is the same fair/light.

Oops, needed my glasses, Mally's Look for me too. Except for Blossom, these things just don't have enough tint to be flattering on me. I'd prefer a travel size of the Poreless Face Defender if we're going to get Mally every month. That's the product I find indispensable.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops, needed my glasses, Mally's Look for me too. Except for Blossom, these things just don't have enough tint to be flattering on me. I'd prefer a travel size of the Poreless Face Defender if we're going to get Mally every month. That's the product I find indispensable.
I would scream if we got that product. I have been eyeing that for the longest time. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on it!

Skinn Cosmetics has their own version of it. I want to say NYX Cosmetics has one or will have one, I just can't remember which it is..

I got my QVC TT today! And QVC honored the free shipping upgrade mistake for me! The products are pretty good, but I have to admit after the extras in the NBTT, I am disappointed not to get a few goodies. But that is on me, of course! I now have my fourth .5 ounce of Algenist of the year! I have one put back so I have a whole ounce!!! I am so excited about that!

I can't wait for my GB six months to end so I can resub to NBTT!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skinn Cosmetics has their own version of it. I want to say NYX Cosmetics has one or will have one, I just can't remember which it is..
I've heard that Skinn's is too waxy - is this the product you're talking about? (plasma powder) http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/Skinn/Face/Skinn-Cosmetics-Plasma-Powder/pages/productdetails?nav=R:434097

I wanted to try it because I can't find Mally in Canada but the reviews turned me off of it.

I've used it and didn't find it to be waxy at all but yes there is wax in it. It has virtually the same ingredients as Mally's. I haven't tried the Mally's but Skinn was pretty nice and I would buy it.

Skinn Cosmetics Plasma Flawless Finish - Powderless Touch-Up Skin Perfecter, 0.50 oz ($30) vs Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender, 0.41 oz ($40)

Skinn Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer. dimethicone, paraffin wax, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, rose hip oil, flax seed oil

Mally Ingredients: Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PCA Dimethicone, Silica.

I've used it and didn't find it to be waxy at all but yes there is wax in it. It has virtually the same ingredients as Mally's. I haven't tried the Mally's but Skinn was pretty nice and I would buy it.

Skinn Cosmetics Plasma Flawless Finish - Powderless Touch-Up Skin Perfecter, 0.50 oz ($30) vs Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender, 0.41 oz ($40)

Skinn Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer. dimethicone, paraffin wax, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, rose hip oil, flax seed oil

Mally Ingredients: Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PCA Dimethicone, Silica.

Thanks for letting me know Zadi - when I saw the poor reviews on the Shopping Channel site it prevented me from trying it out; however, I value the opinions of the MUT forums much more since makeup is everyone's passion around here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Does it eliminate shine well? How long can you go between touch-ups?

It did. I used very little - the tester he had out at CPNA - and barely touched my nose and it absorbed the oil without messing the foundation up. How long it lasted... well to be honest I'm not sure since I really didn't pay attention to my makeup. I'll be buying one next month.

It did. I used very little - the tester he had out at CPNA - and barely touched my nose and it absorbed the oil without messing the foundation up. How long it lasted... well to be honest I'm not sure since I really didn't pay attention to my makeup. I'll be buying one next month.
That's pretty neat! I will put it back on my makeup wishlist - I also just realized that The Shopping Channel lets you try it out when you get it at home and you can return it if it's not what you wanted. I've never actually returned anything because I've always liked what I received, but it's still a good way to test it out. Does QVC have this policy too? (Most likely I bet). 

Still, I hope one of these would come in a beauty box, but that's just wishful thinking on my part, lol! 

Back