QVC Test Tube - Third Quarter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the Algenist Firming and Lifting cream. I looked on Sephora and its for your face. (The full size is 2 oz and $94 so the .5 size I am guessing sounds pretty probable). I really like Algenist products, so the value of that and the Eye Spackle alone are more than the tube.. Hmmm.. Maybe I will get this after all.

I love Smashbox primers; the oil-free version is my holy grail.The regular version is good too and works best on normal to dry skin in my opinion. I really like the Laura Geller waterproof eye spackle. I got it in a kit I ordered from QVC in January. It reminds me a lot of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Here are some photos of it and an excerpt from my blog when I reviewed it: The Waterproof Eye Spackle is a brand new product from the Laura Geller line. It’s a thick, opaque flesh colored primer. Once applied to the lid, it will make any eyeshadow that you put on top of it, completely waterproof. It’s in a pen dispenser with a clicker base and a brush applicator tip. Apply a bit under your bottom lash line to waterproof your liner. Just be sure to blend this in quickly because it dries pretty fast. It’s got a yellow undertone so it’s perfect for anyone with redness around the eyes.
I agree, the regular Smashbox is best for dry to normal skin types. Did the primer crease on you at all? Stay don't stray did on me.. The coloring does look the same though. Thanks for that info!

I may be in the minority, but I have tried 2 Algenist products (the moisturizer and eye cream, both thanks to BB) and I found nothing exciting about either product, and honestly it didnt do anything for me. Maybe its just not intended for my skin type and age (combination/27) but either way thats the product I am least excited about and will probably end up trading.

I really like Algenist products, so the value of that and the Eye Spackle alone are more than the tube.. Hmmm.. Maybe I will get this after all.
Gah. Me too, for the same items. But the last thing I need is another Mally lip gloss! I have an unopened jar of that Ojon product from a TSV, I don't care for those frilly Philosophy scents, I've got tons of Photo Op (and it's not even my favorite primer). What to do, what to do?

On the other hand, I am really excited about the eye spackle and Im happy its fullsize. I hope its comparable to UD Primer Potion(which I use every day) If it is, I will love it.

Thanks GirlyEnthusiast. I love Stay Don't Stray. It looks like we have similar skin tones, so these should work for me too. Now I'm happy to get my QVCTT.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Smashbox primers; the oil-free version is my holy grail.The regular version is good too and works best on normal to dry skin in my opinion.

I really like the Laura Geller waterproof eye spackle. I got it in a kit I ordered from QVC in January. It reminds me a lot of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Here are some photos of it and an excerpt from my blog when I reviewed it:

The Waterproof Eye Spackle is a brand new product from the Laura Geller line. It’s a thick, opaque flesh colored primer. Once applied to the lid, it will make any eyeshadow that you put on top of it, completely waterproof. It’s in a pen dispenser with a clicker base and a brush applicator tip. Apply a bit under your bottom lash line to waterproof your liner. Just be sure to blend this in quickly because it dries pretty fast. It’s got a yellow undertone so it’s perfect for anyone with redness around the eyes.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, the regular Smashbox is best for dry to normal skin types.

Did the primer crease on you at all? Stay don't stray did on me.. The coloring does look the same though. Thanks for that info!
Nope, doesn't crease on me. My only complaint is that you have to blend it out quickly. And I can't imagine it working too well on darker complexions because it's so opaque, almost like a concealer.

My Laura Geller lip and eye primer duo let my shadows crease horribly. I've been told this waterproof eye version is better, though.

I love Smashbox primers; the oil-free version is my holy grail.The regular version is good too and works best on normal to dry skin in my opinion.

I really like the Laura Geller waterproof eye spackle. I got it in a kit I ordered from QVC in January. It reminds me a lot of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Here are some photos of it and an excerpt from my blog when I reviewed it:

The Waterproof Eye Spackle is a brand new product from the Laura Geller line. It’s a thick, opaque flesh colored primer. Once applied to the lid, it will make any eyeshadow that you put on top of it, completely waterproof. It’s in a pen dispenser with a clicker base and a brush applicator tip. Apply a bit under your bottom lash line to waterproof your liner. Just be sure to blend this in quickly because it dries pretty fast. It’s got a yellow undertone so it’s perfect for anyone with redness around the eyes.

I have this exact same kit. I just LOVE balance and brighten fair. Perfect for the summer... I was just underwhelmed with the eye primer though. My lids are a bit more oily than most so maybe that's why it creased on me. I do like how opaque it is though.

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've already tried and/or own 6 out of the 8 products. I have at least 10 Mally lip colors already.

Has anyone tried the Smashbox primer or Laura Geller eye spackle? How are they? I've not tried those, and if they're really great I'll get the box and either trade or keep for travel the other samples.
I agree that the Smashbox primer is probably better for normal to dry skin. The texture is slick from being silicone-style primer, and it goes on smoothly. I have oily skin with large pores, and this does nothing for me. The oil breaks through and my makeup starts sliding off in an hour. But then again, I haven't been able to find any primer that keeps the oil under control (they do make an anti-shine but I haven't tried it).

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree that the Smashbox primer is probably better for normal to dry skin. The texture is slick from being silicone-style primer, and it goes on smoothly. I have oily skin with large pores, and this does nothing for me. The oil breaks through and my makeup starts sliding off in an hour. But then again, I haven't been able to find any primer that keeps the oil under control (they do make an anti-shine but I haven't tried it).
Yep, same with me. Have you tried their oil-free primer? It's a miracle for my face. When I pair that primer with a long-wearing foundation like Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I don't even have to blot throughout the day.

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've already tried and/or own 6 out of the 8 products. I have at least 10 Mally lip colors already.

Has anyone tried the Smashbox primer or Laura Geller eye spackle? How are they? I've not tried those, and if they're really great I'll get the box and either trade or keep for travel the other samples.

Another you can try is the Murad Hybrid primer, it came in one of the SS boxes and it really works! Its 35.00 but its worth it to me. I am almost finished with the 1 oz bottle, but I think I have had it at least 2 months.. maybe close to 3 months. I got it right after I finished the sample.

Thanks ladies! I'll do just about anything to get the shine under control, price is no object. I believe I got that Murad primer in a box, but tossed it to the back of my cabinet. I'm about to go dig it out.

I haven't tried the oil-free primer, but am very game! I'll be at Sephora this week, and will check out the items you mentioned as well, GirlyEnthusiast.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another you can try is the Murad Hybrid primer, it came in one of the SS boxes and it really works! Its 35.00 but its worth it to me. I am almost finished with the 1 oz bottle, but I think I have had it at least 2 months.. maybe close to 3 months. I got it right after I finished the sample.

Yep, same with me. Have you tried their oil-free primer? It's a miracle for my face. When I pair that primer with a long-wearing foundation like Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I don't even have to blot throughout the day.

Thanks ladies! I'll do just about anything to get the shine under control, price is no object. I believe I got that Murad primer in a box, but tossed it to the back of my cabinet. I'm about to go dig it out. I haven't tried the oil-free primer, but am very game! I'll be at Sephora this week, and will check out the items you mentioned as well, GirlyEnthusiast.
I hate my shiny nose! I do like that Murad primer and I also like Cover Fx Clearprep Matte primer. Since the rest of my face can use whatever primer, I usually just use one of those or mix them (the Murad is tinted so depending if I am using self tanner depends if I have to 'dilute' it) and apply just to my nose and then the rest of my t-zone. If you are part of beauty army, they recently had the Cover Fx Clearprep on there, it's .25 oz and worth $10 alone.. So if you don't do Beauty Army' I would find out if they still have that sample and try it that way. Or get a sample from Sephora. What's made a huge difference for me is Mally's Poreless Face Defender. If you aren't familiar with it, it's like someone took a clear face primer (like the regular smashbox) and put it in a compact and let it harden. You use a dense sponge that comes with it (or i have used a clean finger, you dont need much product) and pat it on (not swipe). I just use it on my t-zone and My nose stays shine free for a long time and then it just looks more glowy and not oily. It's around $36 plus like $5 shipping on QVC. I just bought my second and decided to get the Professional Finishing Touches set that has a full size defender plus 3 other products for $45 plus $5 shipping.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate my shiny nose! I do like that Murad primer and I also like Cover Fx Clearprep Matte primer. Since the rest of my face can use whatever primer, I usually just use one of those or mix them (the Murad is tinted so depending if I am using self tanner depends if I have to 'dilute' it) and apply just to my nose and then the rest of my t-zone.

If you are part of beauty army, they recently had the Cover Fx Clearprep on there, it's .25 oz and worth $10 alone.. So if you don't do Beauty Army' I would find out if they still have that sample and try it that way. Or get a sample from Sephora.

What's made a huge difference for me is Mally's Poreless Face Defender. If you aren't familiar with it, it's like someone took a clear face primer (like the regular smashbox) and put it in a compact and let it harden. You use a dense sponge that comes with it (or i have used a clean finger, you dont need much product) and pat it on (not swipe). I just use it on my t-zone and My nose stays shine free for a long time and then it just looks more glowy and not oily. It's around $36 plus like $5 shipping on QVC. I just bought my second and decided to get the Professional Finishing Touches set that has a full size defender plus 3 other products for $45 plus $5 shipping.
I've been dying to try her Face Defender! I have been holding out buying it in hopes that she would throw it into a TSV soon lol.

I've been dying to try her Face Defender! I have been holding out buying it in hopes that she would throw it into a TSV soon lol.
I was doing the same! I hardly had any of my first defender left and then they had a day (memorial day?) where you could do 5 easy pays and so I gave in and got that set I mentioned. Haha

I've heard about this product doing amazing things before but then forgot about it, but with that rave review, I'll have to look again. Yes, all these ideas are very welcome! I'll try anything!

Mine says it will ship on Aug 7th, do you all know if they will charge on that date as well ?

Got my tube! 
yess.gif
 Photos of the unboxing are on my blog. Link is in my signature!

Back