Red lips on me: what do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the shade on you...and it's getting close to the holidays...and I love the reds for this time of year....

I think it looks nice. It is very red, but it works on you. I think your skin looks fine by the way - I totally thought you were wearing other makeup. I'd say a coat of mascara, little black e/l and you're ready to go.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I voted "I´m not sure" cause I love the shade of red on you (it´s perfect for your complexion, hair and eye color etc) but I don´t like the matte finish. I think that´s what makes it a bit harsh. Maybe just a bit of clear gloss on top?
Oh and I like black liner with red lips. I am wondering if I would look good in red lips but I don´t like to draw attention to my mouth since I think my teeth are not white enough.

The red would make your teeth look whiter.
Anyway, I like the colour but I think it would look better if you added some gloss on top.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I voted "I´m not sure" cause I love the shade of red on you (it´s perfect for your complexion, hair and eye color etc) but I don´t like the matte finish. I think that´s what makes it a bit harsh. Maybe just a bit of clear gloss on top?
Oh and I like black liner with red lips. I am wondering if I would look good in red lips but I don´t like to draw attention to my mouth since I think my teeth are not white enough.

Actually I was going to say the same; a gloss would make a difference I think. I actually voted for "I didn't like", but don't take it personal please because I simply don't like red lipstick and I don't think it looks good on anyone but Marilyn Monroe.
biggrin.gif
LOL.

I think I am in the miniority. I didn't really like it. It seems way too red. Its probably cause I don't really like red lipstick. You are so gorgeous though, I think you could find a way to pull it. I also agree with what everyone else said about adding some gloss to it. Maybe you could take a picture of what it looks like w/ the gloss on and w/ black eyeliner??

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif try cruella! my coworkers and i all wore this one day and we're all different shades and it looked so nice on EVERYONE!
i have braces, but i don't care about drawing attention to my mouth. i don't see it brings much, anyway. oh, and i liked the matte part about it! i always wear glossy, so i wanted something different.

For really bright colors like this, I like them matte better. If it was glossy, you could risk looking really trashy, or you'd have to compensate by having the rest of your face matte and VERY minimal. Though I kind of understand what the other girls are saying - red lips can be scary, and you either love 'em or hate 'em. I love 'em!! I'll go to Sephora today and check Cruella out, thanks Jen.
smile.gif

I like the colour...but i don't like how it looks matte...slick on a little bit of gloss and it'll look a bit better..i think..dunno you'd have to try and see..but not matte..

thats all

Frankly, you look great with red lips but I've to say it's too matte to me. I think it's better to apply a coat of clear gloss on top of it and you'll look even perfect on black eyeliner and the red lips together.

I voted not sure...

I think you can definitely pull off deep red lips which is something I defo cannot but I think I would like it better with gloss or if it wasn't so matte.

a bit too matte, need more shimmer and gloss, but the colour definately suits you, looks really sophisticated.

thank you for your honest opinions! i definitely don't take it personally
smile.gif
honestly, though, the thing i love most about it, is the fact it's matte. i'm sick of glossy! all i ever wear is that.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe you could take a picture of what it looks like w/ the gloss on and w/ black eyeliner?? will do
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif For really bright colors like this, I like them matte better. If it was glossy, you could risk looking really trashy, or you'd have to compensate by having the rest of your face matte and VERY minimal. Though I kind of understand what the other girls are saying - red lips can be scary, and you either love 'em or hate 'em. I love 'em!! I'll go to Sephora today and check Cruella out, thanks Jen.
smile.gif
yay! let me know what you think! i agree about it looking trashy, too, by the way!

I voted "I am not sure". I don't know if its the matte finish or the fact that you aren't wearing a full face. I gues I am just used to seeing a red lipstick with more MU.

BTW, you can so pull off a bare face. Lucky!

Originally Posted by shootergirlnc /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love it, but I agree with Andi, I'd put a clear gloss over it. The color is really pretty on you, though!!! I'm so glad red lips are in this season!!
smile.gif
i agree it's pretty color on you add a lil gloss

I voted "I'm not sure" just because I'm not really a fan of red lipstick either. Although, I do think this shade compliments you. For me, I would just feel like, "Here come Kathy's lips"! Know what I mean? You could probably pull it off though.

I think it looks really good on you, but I LOVE your bubble gum pink liplook! I agree it is always fun to change your look occasionally (like trying matte look for a change)!!!!

sunshine.gif

You know what's really bizarre? Ever since I commented on this thread, I went into the bathroom and tried on my smashbox red lipstick palette. Sucked! But anyway..I read that if you buy deep red lipstick with blue undertones in them..it'll make your teeth appear whiter...but if you think that reds don't suit you..it might..like for example..bright reds are a no go..but deep deep reds..almost like berry deep red..something like purple/burgundy tone to it..might work on some...so i guess where i'm getting at is..red suits everyone..just depends on the brightness and hue!

Okie..that's it =)

There would have been a time when I would not have liked it, but I really think it looks wonderful. Red lips are so in right now and I think you can pull it off. Lucky!

Your eyes are so pretty!

Back