Sample Society August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this one of the only months that 3 of the samples in the box aren't for sale in the shop?
(In my box at least).
I had wondered about this when Beauty Bar was so adamant that the samples were being curated by Allure, not Beauty Bar any longer.
I REALLY like some of my items, most of them, actually, and wish I could buy things with the discount code.
Maybe they will be added? IDK.

Did anyone else get the dilio oil? I've been wanting to try it but not willing to make the plunge since the full-size is more expensive than i usually pay ($65). I'm glad to see they are still including some high end skin care with the re-launch. looks like the got the best of both worlds with more makeup and luxe skin stuff!

Did anyone else get the dilio oil? I've been wanting to try it but not willing to make the plunge since the full-size is more expensive than i usually pay ($65). I'm glad to see they are still including some high end skin care with the re-launch. looks like the got the best of both worlds with more makeup and luxe skin stuff!
I think we're all getting it! I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to my Argan Oil.

Mine also says cha cha

edit: I now have the sads

Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 08/12/2014, By End of Day  

I've never had an actual UPS package take so long!    

Last edited by a moderator:
I should get my box tomorrow morning, if my UPS guy isn't too hung up with air delivery packages.  I'll take pics (bad ones) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, and post 'em asap. What are you most interested in seeing?
That's exciting yours is so fast! Honestly, I'm just most interested in seeing the general sizes/packaging of everything.
This box isn't a total win for me since I have the dilo oil (forgot that its in my cabinet actually I need to really try it)and have accumulated a lifetime supply of mascara, but I'm really happy with the brands and the mix and have no complaints.

I knew I'd be happy just getting the melted and the Oribe and that everything else would be a bonus. I'm happy that Cha Cha Cha isn't the same orange polish I got from glossybox and I'll get to the mascara eventually. I'll use my dilo oil that I already have and either have this as a backup of a nice expensive product I like or a nice gift to give my family or boyfriend's sisters during the holidays.

That's exciting yours is so fast! Honestly, I'm just most interested in seeing the general sizes/packaging of everything.

This box isn't a total win for me since I have the dilo oil (forgot that its in my cabinet actually I need to really try it)and have accumulated a lifetime supply of mascara, but I'm really happy with the brands and the mix and have no complaints.

I knew I'd be happy just getting the melted and the Oribe and that everything else would be a bonus. I'm happy that Cha Cha Cha isn't the same orange polish I got from glossybox and I'll get to the mascara eventually. I'll use my dilo oil that I already have and either have this as a backup of a nice expensive product I like or a nice gift to give my family or boyfriend's sisters during the holidays.
Mine usually comes next day but my tracking number hasn't updated yet and it's not showing up on MY UPS yet, so it could be Thursday!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am extremely happy with the selection of products! Cha Cha Cha for me as well... but since last month I didn't get the colors my Dash said I'd get, it might be a surprise when it comes. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The mascara and the oil are very exciting for me as well. I am always on the hunt for my HG mascara, although I have some that are close nothing has ever ticked all points, so the Jane Iredale is going to be fun to try. I've never tried her brand, and I probably wouldn't have either, so I guess the sub box is doing it's job!

Kate Somerville is too pricy for me to buy usually, but I've liked everything I have tried. Eager to see if the oil joins the list. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can't wait to see the pictures once people get their boxes!  For me I am glad I passed on this month but will be following the threads to see what they come up with. Seems like they are taking the subscription in a good place!

Cha cha cha for me too.

I'm really happy with the product selection and can't wait to get the box now! I love that they are keeping it an array of products and not stuck on one category like the old sample society. I'm also really happy they are still including some high end skin care because I'm obsessed with skin care!

Cha cha cha for me too! Not my color but I'm sure someone will love it! With two daughters nothing goes to waste. I'm loving the change in this sub. I feel like it's a better mix of things rather than all skin care heavy, although I live skincare, I'm up to my eyeballs after binge buying 28 boxes when they were clearing out the warehouse! Ugh. Time to put a bunch more stuff on my trade list that I thought I'd use but will never get through given my new Memebox addiction!

Excited to try the oil, everything looks awesome this month!

Latest posts

Back