Sample Society August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very much on board with Team Five Categories!  I'm hoping if they send out a fragrance item, it's a hand cream (from any Margot Elena line!) or shower gel and that the facial product (again, if one is sent out) is an exfoliator.  I would *love* that lemony microdermabrasion one Birchbox sent out a while ago.  Dr. Brandt, maybe?  Whatever it was cost seventy bucks a tube for the full-sized version.  I'm not willing to shell out that much money, but I would happily squirrel away as many samples as I could get my hands on.

One thing that I haven't really seen in Ipsy or BB is a solid perfume, so if they were going to send out a fragrance, I would enjoy something like that.

I'm very much on board with Team Five Categories!  I'm hoping if they send out a fragrance item, it's a hand cream (from any Margot Elena line!) or shower gel and that the facial product (again, if one is sent out) is an exfoliator.  I would *love* that lemony microdermabrasion one Birchbox sent out a while ago.  Dr. Brandt, maybe?  Whatever it was cost seventy bucks a tube for the full-sized version.  I'm not willing to shell out that much money, but I would happily squirrel away as many samples as I could get my hands on.
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion is what you're referring to. $78 for the full size. Yep, I bought it. It's great but I don't use it often. I feel like I was exfoliating too much so I've tried not to do it so much now.

One thing that I haven't really seen in Ipsy or BB is a solid perfume, so if they were going to send out a fragrance, I would enjoy something like that.
Have you received Joie or any of the Atelier Cologne scents from birchbox? I'm a fan of Joie (bought the full size after trying it in birchbox and always get compliments when I wear it). Also a fan of several (but not all) of the Atelier Cologne scents. Carmin Santal is my favorite though and it's still pretty limited and hard to find. I'm hoping they will start selling it more widely soon and that it will end up in sub boxes so I can have some more of it - cause it's expensive!!

I would totally be on board for a solid perfume any other season. It's consistently over 100/110 here, so that would just be a puddle of sadness by the time it got to me haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I would totally be on board for a solid perfume any other season. It's consistently over 100/110 here, so that would just be a puddle of sadness by the time it got to me haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally read solid as a slang for really good, not solid in the literal sense. Now I feel like a dummy, lol. :) carry on!

Totally didn't think about the heat issue.  It's been unusually cool for the past couple of days here (after near 100 temps), so I think my brain clicked over to fall mode.

I'm hoping for the polish in skinny dip- love that name, totally reminds me of the good old summers of field parties & skinny dipping in Lake Michigan- it doesn't get much better than that :)

I am excited for the Ciate polishes! I'm not a huge polish fanatic like some people are, but I definitely have my own little collection! I haven't tried this brand before but I always hear good things! The colors are bright and sunny, so bring 'em on! I have a feeling this is going to be another great box!

I'm hoping for the polish in skinny dip- love that name, totally reminds me of the good old summers of field parties & skinny dipping in Lake Michigan- it doesn't get much better than that :)
I love Skinny Dip, I received it in a Glossybox a few months back! It's beautiful!

I just finished up my previous sample size of the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. That is so serious stuff! My little tube lasted probably 6 months, so another sample would be nice to have. The scent always made me giggle though - I think it smells just like lemon Pledge! :lol:

I received the Dr Brandt from ispy and LOVED!! it, the next month I received a Derma E microderm scrub. They are so similar it's crazy, the same Lemon Pledge (lol) smell, same slip, and same results. The one difference is the size of the grit in the DR.B's is smaller, but I didn't  find it to change the performance and the DE is only $32.50 for 2oz!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the Dr Brandt from ispy and LOVED!! it, the next month I received a Derma E microderm scrub. They are so similar it's crazy, the same Lemon Pledge (lol) smell, same slip, and same results. The one difference is the size of the grit in the DR.B's is smaller, but I didn't  find it to change the performance and the DE is only $32.50 for 2oz!
I totally agree. I actually prefer the derma e version, but both are pretty serious exfoliators.I'm pretty sure I could sand my face off if I chose to.

Loving these spoilers! I've never subscribed to SS but I definitely felt like I missed out last month... mainly for that Laura Mercier highlighter and the fact that I've never tried any BL polishes.

I'm always looking for an HG mousse/cream to put in my hair when I don't feel like straightening it (which is often, especially during the summer) and Oribe is a brand I would definitely be interested in trying. I definitely want a mini MELTED. I have the fuschia and I'd love to get my hands on the peony. I just love the bottles/packaging for Ciate polish and I got a mini yesterday in my Haute Look beauty bag and it is so cute. I just hope I don't get Skinny Dip because I already have two of the full size of that one from the April glossybox. Definitely will be subscribing to this after I get paid this week. 

I think what I liked about it was that the grit was so small. I feel like it gets deepers into pores. This could of course all just my psychological. 

I did a split face comparison and both sides ended up feeling the same, but I did like the feeling of the smaller grit. 

Beauty Bar has a big sale posted on their FaceBook page. I may use my box coupon code after all!

Just signed up!  I've been wavering on cancelling ipsy for a few months now & these spoilers have helped me decide.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Blush mystery box has a full size Dr. Brandt BB cream shine erase in it this month...if anyone is interested in that product. I love every Dr. Brandt item I have gotten, so I am excited to try that one, too!

I love the 5 category idea! I hope it continues as well!! So far, loving the spoilers!!

Blush mystery box has a full size Dr. Brandt BB cream shine erase in it this month...if anyone is interested in that product. I love every Dr. Brandt item I have gotten, so I am excited to try that one, too!

I love the 5 category idea! I hope it continues as well!! So far, loving the spoilers!!
That product is also on Gilt today for $24 reg. $39:

http://www.gilt.com/sale/women/beauty-secrets

Back