Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've noticed a number of subs adding extras on like magazines.  For instance, I get Entertainment Weekly and People from a Just Fab order I placed in the fall.  The Entertainment Weekly subscription apparently is a FIVE year subscription.  I love it, so it'll get read, but I thought it was a strange free addition to a boot order. 
you know what. I did order JustFab around december, which is when I started getting ladies home journal. that makes sense now. lol

Thank you very much, tgooberbutt, katlyne and MissMonica, for your information about receiving unsolicited magazine subscriptions.  I am glad to hear that it is a general thing, so I am probably not being scammed. 

I have ordered some Beautyfix kits and a mystery bag from Dermstore, but have never ordered from JustFab. 

Thank you very much, tgooberbutt, katlyne and MissMonica, for your information about receiving unsolicited magazine subscriptions.  I am glad to hear that it is a general thing, so I am probably not being scammed.  I have ordered some Beautyfix kits and a mystery bag from Dermstore, but have never ordered from JustFab. 
I inexplicably started receiving some car magazine a few years ago, and when I called them to see what was going on, it was tied to some legitimate purchase I had made -- except I had zero interest in it, and it was going to my dad's house since I was in the middle of a messy moving situation. I told him to keep the magazine but kept an eye in my credit card statement to make sure there wasn't some sort of auto-renewal involved.

Hi everyone...I have been trying different subs to see which ones I like and suit me best.

Do you guys recommend Sample Society compared to the other subs (specially Birchbox & Ipsy).

I know its a little more than those two but are the sizes a bit bigger or better?

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you very much, tgooberbutt, katlyne and MissMonica, for your information about receiving unsolicited magazine subscriptions.  I am glad to hear that it is a general thing, so I am probably not being scammed. 

I have ordered some Beautyfix kits and a mystery bag from Dermstore, but have never ordered from JustFab. 
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my pleasure!

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone...I have been trying different subs to see which ones I like and suit me best.

Do you guys recommend Sample Society compared to the other subs (specially Birchbox & Ipsy).

I know its a little more than those two but are the sizes a bit bigger or better?
If you like travel sized hair care, sample society always sends them in their boxes. I've noticed ss has never sent me a foil packet which I'm happy about. Also, I've received two full-sized lip stuff so far which were more than the box itself. Granted they were not really my color, but they made good presents hahahaa. 

Plus, every month you have a code for $15 off 50 if you purchase something you liked in your box. I don't always use it, but its good to have the option since that's the cost of your box.

Also, the box itself is very sturdy. So I reuse them as makeup storage trays.

bb has been hit or miss for me but I still subscribe cause its just $10. I hate getting perfume samples from them though, every freaking box ugh.

ipsy is my fave cause its more focused on makeup, and you always get a makeup bag hahaha.

i just subscribed to lip factory because I saw the February box was wonderful. And they seem to give alot of extras.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not subscribed to Ipsy, but I think Sample Society is a lot better then birchbox! They give out really usable products and I've also gotten a full size product worth double what the box itself is worth. Birchbox is ok since I haven't gotten a foil sample or anything from them yet, but I would totally recommend SS more!

Thanks for the advice I couldn't help myself and decided to give it a try. I guess I will be getting a march box...it said my first box will ship out on march 11 So I am very excited.

You all are getting box content information already? I got an email 3 days ago saying my shipment would be delayed and I'm not going to be charged until they send it out.

Originally Posted by Carmela DeJesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you like travel sized hair care, sample society always sends them in their boxes. I've noticed ss has never sent me a foil packet which I'm happy about. Also, I've received two full-sized lip stuff so far which were more than the box itself. Granted they were not really my color, but they made good presents hahahaa. 

Plus, every month you have a code for $15 off 50 if you purchase something you liked in your box. I don't always use it, but its good to have the option since that's the cost of your box.

bb has been hit or miss for me but I still subscribe cause its just $10. I hate getting perfume samples from them though, every freaking box ugh.

ipsy is my fave cause its more focused on makeup, and you always get a makeup bag hahaha.

i just subscribed to lip factory because I saw the February box was wonderful. And they seem to give alot of extras.
What kind of stuff does Lip Factory send?

You can use the code for anything in the BRAND not just the the item in the box! And the $50 doesn't have to be on the brand, just total

Originally Posted by Carmela DeJesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on the lip factory: I think the november box was awesome, after that, it looks kinda meh to me. lol

sample society: I'm so frickin excited. so excited. you don't even know. I want it so badly. I wanna know what I'm getting even more though

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on the lip factory: I think the november box was awesome, after that, it looks kinda meh to me. lol

sample society: I'm so frickin excited. so excited. you don't even know. I want it so badly. I wanna know what I'm getting even more though
Call Customer Service, they will gladly tell you. 

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Call Customer Service, they will gladly tell you. 
I did. they told me that they don't have different boxes and that customer service doesn't get told whats in them. -______-

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did. they told me that they don't have different boxes and that customer service doesn't get told whats in them. -______-
What box are you getting?

Latest posts

Back