Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do not understand. Is that email containing the $15 off $50 applies toward the March box or any purchase not including the samples from our previous boxes?

It doesnt work on me.

I just recievd an email from Sample Society:

"Thank you for your email today!  I'm so sorry that the Sample Society boxes for March will be a little delayed this month. We're just running a little behind with them and so instead of charging you now, we're refunding you and will charge you when we actually ship them out.  Unfortunately we're not able to pick and choose the boxes but I do know that the boxes are geared towards a chic spring and two of the samples are full sized products."

Oh my gosh. I am so stoked for this box. I am loving Sample Society so far. Very glad I decided to take a break from Birchbox to try out new subs like this and Beauty Box 5. It has totally paid off!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm Kit D now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope it's good...
I found out the contents of Kit D.

I called CS as soon as I saw the change in Kits.

There are two new variations...

The Butter London is The Old Bill.

(looks like a shiny penny bronzy color) Butter London site describes it like this - "A burnished copper nail lacquer with a beautiful antique patina. For sophisticated metal heads."   And instead of the Oscar Blandi there is Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave in Conditioner.

I am actually happy about the Ouidad. It's great stuff! 

The Murad, Lash Food and Hollywood Tape are the same.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found out the contents of Kit D.

I called CS as soon as I saw the change in Kits.

There are two new variations...

The Butter London is The Old Bill.

(looks like a shiny penny bronzy color) Butter London site describes it like this - "A burnished copper nail lacquer with a beautiful antique patina. For sophisticated metal heads."   And instead of the Oscar Blandi there is Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave in Conditioner.

I am actually happy about the Ouidad. It's great stuff! 

The Murad, Lash Food and Hollywood Tape are the same.

Aww thank you for that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> mm I kinda wanted the other color, but i bet this one is cute too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww thank you for that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> mm I kinda wanted the other color, but i bet this one is cute too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I kind of felt the same way BUT....

After reading the reviews on Make Up Alley for The Old Bill, I changed my mind.

People love it and say the swatches online don't do it justice.  
I think it will be more wearable than the Diamond Geezer (for me that is).
Will look great with a tan in the summer.
And if we need to make it more dramatic, you can always apply two coats over a black.
That would really make it rich and add dimension!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of felt the same way BUT....

After reading the reviews on Make Up Alley for The Old Bill, I changed my mind.

People love it and say the swatches online don't do it justice.  
I think it will be more wearable than the Diamond Geezer (for me that is).
Will look great with a tan in the summer.
And if we need to make it more dramatic, you can always apply two coats over a black.
That would really make it rich and add dimension!

Can't wait to see how it looks then!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The Old Bill is a beautiful color, it looks like a dark rose gold, and wears really well too.

Okay, between the spoiler, the coupon code, and the bonus I'm supposed to get this week (not to mention the fact that I dumped Glossybox after the January debacle), I decided to go ahead and re-sign up for Sample Society.  I've got a wishlist of about twenty different items for one of the brands that is apparently going to be in every box variation, so it should be worth the money for me this month!  Now I just hope they don't send out acne stuff again.  That's what made me cancel last time around:  Two acne products in the span of three months.  I don't have acne, but I still have the acne facial wash since I haven't been able to trade it away!  (But I do finally have a place to rehome it now, so it will be moving there in a few weeks -- something like eight months after I received it in the first place.)

Mine changed from E to F, this will be my first box since unsubscribing for a few months, glad to have this sub back!I have had major envy over the last few months boxes

looks like im still E! but i cant wait to see the variations of the other boxes.

Back