Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, between the spoiler, the coupon code, and the bonus I'm supposed to get this week (not to mention the fact that I dumped Glossybox after the January debacle), I decided to go ahead and re-sign up for Sample Society.  I've got a wishlist of about twenty different items for one of the brands that is apparently going to be in every box variation, so it should be worth the money for me this month!  Now I just hope they don't send out acne stuff again.  That's what made me cancel last time around:  Two acne products in the span of three months.  I don't have acne, but I still have the acne facial wash since I haven't been able to trade it away!  (But I do finally have a place to rehome it now, so it will be moving there in a few weeks -- something like eight months after I received it in the first place.)
I know I am pretty stoked about that "brand you are talking about/not talking about" too!

And I think you are acne product safe this box. 

I haven't gotten anything even remotely acne related since I signed up (6 months ago).

Do you know what Kit you are getting?

Kit B for me! Can't wait to find out the contents.

Also March 2012 was the very first box. Does that mean that those of us who have been subbed from the beginning won't get any more Allure magazines?

This is something I definitely need to call and ask them!

My Kit has changed from Kit E to Kit A.  I have received Kit A for the last three months.  I wonder why.

I have received Sample Society since last spring, and I have never received the Allure magazines.  I called a couple times, and they said that they would put me on the list eventually, but I guess they never did.

I have been receiving InStyle magazine and Ladies Home Journal recently, and I have no idea why.  Does anyone know if it may be through any of the beauty boxes?  Thanks!

Kit B for me! Can't wait to find out the contents. Also March 2012 was the very first box. Does that mean that those of us who have been subbed from the beginning won't get any more Allure magazines? This is something I definitely need to call and ask them!
Lol. I've been subbed since november and I checked the little allure box and I've never got any magazine. Soooo

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Kit has changed from Kit E to Kit A.  I have received Kit A for the last three months.  I wonder why.

I have received Sample Society since last spring, and I have never received the Allure magazines.  I called a couple times, and they said that they would put me on the list eventually, but I guess they never did.

I have been receiving InStyle magazine and Ladies Home Journal recently, and I have no idea why.  Does anyone know if it may be through any of the beauty boxes?  Thanks!
Did you buy anything from dermstore? they usually add in magazine subscriptions as free extras?

Mine changed from Kit E to Kit G? I didn't even know they had a Kit G. Must be a lot of variations this month

My Kit has changed from Kit E to Kit A.  I have received Kit A for the last three months.  I wonder why. I have received Sample Society since last spring, and I have never received the Allure magazines.  I called a couple times, and they said that they would put me on the list eventually, but I guess they never did. I have been receiving InStyle magazine and Ladies Home Journal recently, and I have no idea why.  Does anyone know if it may be through any of the beauty boxes?  Thanks!
Oh my goodness! I've been receiving Ladies Home Journal, Harper's Bazar and Vogue and I have ZERO clue why. I've asked my mom and she said shhe didn't order them for me.

This is what's going to be in Kit F

Hollywood Fashion Tape deluxe sample, Alterna bamboo smooth kendi dry oil sample, Butter London 3 free Nail Lacquer, Lash Food Nano peptide natural eyebrow conditioner, and Murad Murad essential day moisturizer.

I'm sorry, but the person I asked didn't say the nail polish color. 
I'm really excited for this box! There is still that one darned thing that I will never use/know no one that will use it (eyebrow stuff), but overall this is going to be a good box!

uuummm. I emailed customer service asking if they could tell me what was in my kit(which, I don't even know the letter of, my orders haven't updated) and "Alyssa" said:

Hello Katie,

Thank you for your email! I'd be more than happy to help you with your questions regarding the Sample Society boxes. I understand wanting to know what you might be getting. We don't really have kit types. We try to fit the kits we have with your profile type, but it's not always a guarantee so we don't have a specific kit type. Right now, they haven't even informed us in Customer Care what's in the boxes. I'm sorry I can't shed more light on this for you. I hope you have a great day!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. You can reach us by email at [email protected], or call us at 1-888-696-0423. We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Thank you,

Alyssa
Customer Care Representative
BeautyBar.com

mmm, I don't like her already. bein' stingy with my contents.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

uuummm. I emailed customer service asking if they could tell me what was in my kit(which, I don't even know the letter of, my orders haven't updated) and "Alyssa" said:

Hello Katie,

Thank you for your email! I'd be more than happy to help you with your questions regarding the Sample Society boxes. I understand wanting to know what you might be getting. We don't really have kit types. We try to fit the kits we have with your profile type, but it's not always a guarantee so we don't have a specific kit type. Right now, they haven't even informed us in Customer Care what's in the boxes. I'm sorry I can't shed more light on this for you. I hope you have a great day!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. You can reach us by email at [email protected], or call us at 1-888-696-0423. We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Thank you,

Alyssa

Customer Care Representative

BeautyBar.com

mmm, I don't like her already. bein' stingy with my contents.
That's weird! I emailed them last night asking what was in my kit and they told me. Maybe try emailing them again?

lol. it makes me sad. I'll try again tomorrow and see what they say, that way if I get alyssa again, there will be less chance of her remembering me.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness! I've been receiving Ladies Home Journal, Harper's Bazar and Vogue and I have ZERO clue why. I've asked my mom and she said shhe didn't order them for me.
I've noticed a number of subs adding extras on like magazines.  For instance, I get Entertainment Weekly and People from a Just Fab order I placed in the fall.  The Entertainment Weekly subscription apparently is a FIVE year subscription.  I love it, so it'll get read, but I thought it was a strange free addition to a boot order. 

Back