Secret Santa 2012 rules

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who have to send international - do NOT wrap the gift individually as customs MAY tear the package apart to visually inspect the item. I would recommend little goodie bags to "wrap" the gift.

SO SO SO hard to stay close to $25. I am looking at my stuff (I am already over) and I want to add more bc I keep seeing things my recipient might enjoy. Can we ship early? I want to get this stuff out of here before I buy more!!

SO SO SO hard to stay close to $25. I am looking at my stuff (I am already over) and I want to add more bc I keep seeing things my recipient might enjoy. Can we ship early? I want to get this stuff out of here before I buy more!!
I went over as well, which was my decision and don't expect the same treatment in return. I think the suggested price is just that, a suggestion. If you're willing to go over, why not!? I could be wrong though, but that is how I feel :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went over as well! But with all the sales I couldn't help it, I find it so fun picking out stuff for others
smile.gif

I went over as well, which was my decision and don't expect the same treatment in return. I think the suggested price is just that, a suggestion. If you're willing to go over, why not!? I could be wrong though, but that is how I feel :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks, you did make me feel a little better! Of course I DO NOT expect ANYONE to go over either. I just think it's so much fun to choose and package items for someone who actually "gets" what they are and will probably appreciate them! It's also fun to try to guess whether they might like certain things. I could shop for gifts for other people all the time!

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went over as well! But with all the sales I couldn't help it, I find it so fun picking out stuff for others
smile.gif
I hear ya! I was like "this is perfect, this is perfect, but I love that and that. But wait I was planning on including this. Oh wait, this is on sale and so perfect." I have a feeling I'll be stuffing the box full, and if it doesn't fit in the box by the weekend, it's not getting sent out with the box. Which still leaves a lot of room for plenty of small things, and I really hope my recipient loves what I bought. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the flipside, since I have practice in box overwrapping, I think I may do that for a white elephant gift I need to put together for the weekend. This time I'll use double sided tape, which I didn't find for the first box. Not only is my recipient getting cool things, they're also the guinea pig for my box experiment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know, right?  So much fun shopping for someone else.  I went a little nuts.  Just waiting for one more thing from my Sephora order and I can ship this out!

Oh...No... My last package was just shipped out today by Fedex SNAIL post !

Can anyone tell when I can get it? It's from OH to MA

Ok, another question.

Are we all going to hang on to our packages and pick an "opening day" on which we all open and share the contents, or will people open packages as they get them?

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, another question.

Are we all going to hang on to our packages and pick an "opening day" on which we all open and share the contents, or will people open packages as they get them?
I suppose that is everyone's person preference.  Some people are adminiment about opening gifts on Xmas day.

My suggestion is take pics and save them for when we are all ready to post!

Oh, I won't wait until Christmas, but I didn't know if people wanted to say "Ok, on December XX we all open the gifts" or just tear into them as we get them. If we are just going to open them as we get them I don't really see what the problem would be with people posting what they get right away, but if we wanted to pick a certain date, then BAM, all 42 (or whatever) of us could open that day and post.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, another question.

I think I was the only person in last year's secret santa exchange to wait until Christmas to open mine LOL. I only waited because I didn't have much else to open. 

So my Sephora order gets here today and the last thing I was waiting for my secret Santa recipient arrives damaged!  #@$&*^!  I've never had this happen from Sephora so why now and why that particular item? *insert more expletives here*

So I decided to make substitutions in her gift box because I am shipping it out tomorrow.  This was so ridiculous on top of the $50.00 parking ticket I received today, lol.  Sometimes you just have to roll with it!

Mine is in the mail!! Since my giftee lives pretty close to me, I expect she'll have it Monday! 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my Sephora order gets here today and the last thing I was waiting for my secret Santa recipient arrives damaged!  #@$&*^!  I've never had this happen from Sephora so why now and why that particular item? *insert more expletives here*

So I decided to make substitutions in her gift box because I am shipping it out tomorrow.  This was so ridiculous on top of the $50.00 parking ticket I received today, lol.  Sometimes you just have to roll with it!
I feel your pain.  I ordered some stuff from Birchbox for mine.  Guess what items out of about a dozen in the order got messed up by the warehouse when the whole shebang shipped and are now pulled from the store and unavailable because of their problems.  At least they refunded me, but I still have to start from scratch.  :/

So excited!  My last item shipped and should be here by the end of the week.  Plan to mail off on Saturday..I've been looking at the 2011 thread to help curb my excitement
11.gif

Back