Secret Santa 2012 rules

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipped mine today, she should get it by Thursday.  And I got a call that there's a box waiting for me at home.  I don't remember ordering anything (which doesn't mean I didn't) so I'm hoping that's what it is!

Other stuff deleted from this post since I have new information.

Update: Turns out that in one of two cases the items were not from her Secret Santa. In the second case the items were not used but for her privacy I won't get into it. Suffice it to say it was an honest mistake. I'm glad my members DO follow the rules because I don't want to see anyone's feeling hurt by a bad Secret Santa exchange.

I have to say I'm disappointed in some of the participants. I've had two PMs from two various gift recipients about bad gifts. While the spirit of the Secret Santa exchange is to get to know each other better I made it clear in the rules that no USED or OPENED gifts to be sent to the person you're Secret Santa for. In the two PMs I've received the gifts they were sent were indeed used! One lady sent me pictures of the items she got where her Secret Santa clearly wrote, "used 1x" and another gift had MOLD on it! So what will happen to those Secret Santas who sent out bad gifts? Nothing really other than you won't be allowed to participate in any future Secret Santas or gift exchanges. Essentially you've earned a place on my Naughty List - and I know who each Secret Santa is and to which person - and I think you should be ashamed of yourself for essentially ruining another person's fun by sending out USED products that you've tried and decided you didn't like! 
That is TERRIBLE. I would be so upset.

Update. I'm happy to give more info on the matter of the member who got the moldy/used products. It turns out the items were part of a swap box she's participating in and completely forgot she was part of a different swap. So her Secret Santa isn't Scrooge.
xmas.gif

I have to say it again. I have a FANTASTIC moderating team who looked into the matter and they are the ones who realized the items are not from her Secret Santa.
heart.gif
heart.gif
My moderating team.

Wow... How awful! Some people... Can you please let us know who they are so we can not send them their gift? I haven't sent mine out yet and would hate to send it to someone like that!

My package is officially on its way to my recipient. I hope she loves what I picked out for her because it turns out we have similar tastes on certain items. I'm not going to say any more since that would be like giving out hints.

Wrapped the presents tonight!  That was so much fun.  I will be sending it out tomorrow.

I'm still waiting on one of my orders that should arrive tomorrow and it should be shipped in the afternoon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so glad ill be home to decorate

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update. I'm happy to give more info on the matter of the member who got the moldy/used products. It turns out the items were part of a swap box she's participating in and completely forgot she was part of a different swap. So her Secret Santa isn't Scrooge.
xmas.gif

I have to say it again. I have a FANTASTIC moderating team who looked into the matter and they are the ones who realized the items are not from her Secret Santa.
heart.gif
heart.gif
My moderating team.
I take back my shaming then. Shipped off yesterday, I hope she likes it.

Just a quick question... The rules said a $25 value correct? I'm noticing that a lot of girls bought a lot more than that which is obviously great, but I spent a little more than $25 on my girl. Are most of you spending a lot more? I just don't want it to seem like I didn't buy enough...

yea, it was 25 i spent a little over 25 i wish i couldve afforded to get more for my girl as well so i couldve gotten more on her wishlist but i am a broke girly... i still havent even had enough money to buy my family presents yet!!

Back