Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I thought it would need to be twisted about 1/2 an inch. It should be one of those things where there's a gap in the threads (is that the right word?) and once it lines up, the lid kinda falls off.

ETA: Oh, too late.
whoever designed this really wanted to torture little kids (and their parents) hahaha. It says age 3+ up

I'm like... i'm like more than two decades older than that and I can't open it XD

I was finally able to open my gift from @@formul8edphrase . She spoiled me so much.

Part# 1

Here's everything wrapped.

image.jpg image.jpg

First up: nail art supplies. Nail stripping tape, a dotting tool, nail glitter, nail studs and nail art stickers. I've been wanting chevron stickers forever, so I'm really excited to try them out.

image.jpg

Next: Freeman Masks and Pure Smile face masks. I love facial masks so this is perfect for me.

image.jpg

An Ipsy bag filled with some great samples. image.jpg

Frogs!! I squeeled when I opened these two! These are the cutest salt & pepper shakers ever! And these socks are amazing. I'm wearing them to bed tonight.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Part# 2

Next up: Some rifle paper blank cards and Amethyst glitter sugar scrub. The cards have 4 different designs, they'll be perfect for sending notes to my best friend who recently moved away. I love body scrubs so I can't wait to try this one out.

image.jpg

Peanuts by OPI! This set has been on my wish list ever since I first saw it. I'm so happy to finally own it! The best part is it comes with nail art decals.

image.jpg

Zoya in Sailor and Rekha & Color Club in Hot Like Lava and Sexy Siren. I love all four of these but Sexy Siren is my favorite. Pictures do not do it any justice, this color is so beautiful!

image.jpg

Some Rainbow Honey goodies. Rollerball and soap in Sweet Novemeber, l'orange ganache lip balm, polishes in café con leche and zi (purple). I really like Sweet November it's a very nice sweet scent. The lip balm is very moisturizing and I really like the scent. The two polishes are very pretty.

image.jpg

Here's everything together:

image.jpg

And I have to include a picture of the cutest signature ever! Thanks Gabranth!

image.jpg

Overall, everything was beyond amazing and perfect. I feel so blessed that @@formul8edphrase was so generous and thoughtful. I can't believe she got me so many things from my wish list.

Thank so so much, you are the best!!

Ahhhhhh such a cute reveal! I don't know if my favorite part is the frog stuff, the nail polish, or the dog signature!  :lol:

Part# 2

Next up: Some rifle paper blank cards and Amethyst glitter sugar scrub. The cards have 4 different designs, they'll be perfect for sending notes to my best friend who recently moved away. I love body scrubs so I can't wait to try this one out.

image.jpg

Peanuts by OPI! This set has been on my wish list ever since I first saw it. I'm so happy to finally own it! The best part is it comes with nail art decals.

image.jpg

Zoya in Sailor and Rekha & Color Club in Hot Like Lava and Sexy Siren. I love all four of these but Sexy Siren is my favorite. Pictures do not do it any justice, this color is so beautiful!

image.jpg

Some Rainbow Honey goodies. Rollerball and soap in Sweet Novemeber, l'orange ganache lip balm, polishes in café con leche and zi (purple). I really like Sweet November it's a very nice sweet scent. The lip balm is very moisturizing and I really like the scent. The two polishes are very pretty.

image.jpg

Here's everything together:

image.jpg

And I have to include a picture of the cutest signature ever! Thanks Gabranth!

image.jpg

Overall, everything was beyond amazing and perfect. I feel so blessed that @@formul8edphrase was so generous and thoughtful. I can't believe she got me so many things from my wish list.

OMG, the Peanuts set was on my wishlist, too!!

I'm so glad you liked everything! Gabs was so interested in my wrapping everything and packing the box that I thought he should sign the card too. He was less interested in what I was doing after I washed off his paw and I could finish packing the box in peace.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope you enjoy it all!

Ok, my turn. I got my package yesterday from the lovely @! I was so wowed and took a bunch of pictures, but then had a major back spasm and had to go hunch in a corner and cry for awhile before I could post. But it's better now and I can show off all my amazing gifts!

First, the package -- taped with pretty glittery tape! I'll have to find some of that for Christmas wrapping.
001.jpg

The freaking adorable card! AHHHH, PENGUINS!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
002.jpg

A sweet note about selection. I totally love everything, especially the things I might not have chosen myself.
003.jpg

004.jpg

"What do you mean this isn't my Barkbox?"
005.jpg

CRAZY ADORABLE ORIGAMI. (Sadly, the rosette fell victim to a curious poodle while I wasn't looking. But I saved the crane!)
006.jpg

OMG, everything is wonderful! Revlon Parfumerie in Beachy (dark gold), Above the Curve in Pumpkin Spice Season (gorgeous shimmery nude pink), Revlon Parfumerie in Autumn Spice (shimmery reddish-brown), Fair Maiden in Evil Stepmother (holo wine red), FM in Sleigh Bells in the Snow (holo winter white - I'm wearing it now!), Zoya Oswin (red ultra-pixie dust), Nails Inc Disco Lane (black holo), a nifty striper that's also a pen in white, peppermint lotion, chocolates, and a maple syrup pop.
007.jpg

"Wait, I want those chocolates and all I get is tissue paper?"
008.jpg

I put on the hand cream right away.
Aaronsamuels.jpg
009.jpg

I love everything! Thank you so much, @!  :D   :w00t:   :santa:

Guise! My Nails gift came today. It was so so overthetop amazing, I actually had heart palpitations while opening it. Not. Even. Exaggerating.

Okay so first of all, I don't know if you can tell by this picture but there was some serious box Tetris skills being exhibited here.

image.jpg

Here you see everything laid out, just seconds before the carnage began.

image.jpg

This was for Mr. Cultfigure who declined to be photographed so he used a body double. Sea Salt Caramels from Portland where all good things come from in his mind. Coincidentally, he is a man who even salts his salad so this was perfect for him. Apparently, I'm not allowed any. We'll see. Everyone sleeps sometime.

image.jpg

I'm guessing that my SeSa is sharing a personal favorite here? If so, I'm in agreement that these are delicious!

image.jpg

Oho, I think this gives me a hint about what else is in those pretty little packages

image.jpg

Holy Sh...teampunk Ball Collection. Seriously?!

image.jpg

Cats. Boxes. Natural symbionts.

image.jpg
I need to stop here just for a second because I have too many pictures. To be continued.
Wow!! Love the Steampunk collection you received!!!! SOOO lucky!

Ok, my turn. I got my package yesterday from the lovely @! I was so wowed and took a bunch of pictures, but then had a major back spasm and had to go hunch in a corner and cry for awhile before I could post. But it's better now and I can show off all my amazing gifts!

First, the package -- taped with pretty glittery tape! I'll have to find some of that for Christmas wrapping.

001.jpg

The freaking adorable card! AHHHH, PENGUINS!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

002.jpg

A sweet note about selection. I totally love everything, especially the things I might not have chosen myself.

003.jpg

004.jpg

"What do you mean this isn't my Barkbox?"

005.jpg

CRAZY ADORABLE ORIGAMI. (Sadly, the rosette fell victim to a curious poodle while I wasn't looking. But I saved the crane!)

006.jpg

OMG, everything is wonderful! Revlon Parfumerie in Beachy (dark gold), Above the Curve in Pumpkin Spice Season (gorgeous shimmery nude pink), Revlon Parfumerie in Autumn Spice (shimmery reddish-brown), Fair Maiden in Evil Stepmother (holo wine red), FM in Sleigh Bells in the Snow (holo winter white - I'm wearing it now!), Zoya Oswin (red ultra-pixie dust), Nails Inc Disco Lane (black holo), a nifty striper that's also a pen in white, peppermint lotion, chocolates, and a maple syrup pop.

007.jpg

"Wait, I want those chocolates and all I get is tissue paper?"

008.jpg

I put on the hand cream right away.

Aaronsamuels.jpg

009.jpg

I love everything! Thank you so much, @!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :w00t:   :santa:
I'm glad everything got to you safely! at one point I was looking at the your instagram photo of your collection and going  :bandit: guess I better get creative. I hope I didn't get you any dupes!

Not sure if you opened it and just didn't photograph, but there are a few other goodies tucked in a red packet in the front too.

I'm glad everything got to you safely! at one point I was looking at the your instagram photo of your collection and going  :bandit: guess I better get creative. I hope I didn't get you any dupes!

Not sure if you opened it and just didn't photograph, but there are a few other goodies tucked in a red packet in the front too.
Ahaha, yeah, I have way too many polishes, but the ones you got me are all welcome additions! I did have the Autumn Spice already, but I love that color (and scent), so I'm happy to have a backup. The others are all new to me.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't even see that last little packet! Nail decals and emery boards! I have files stashed ALL OVER the place because my nails keep splitting, so more are always useful. And the decals have such nifty designs! I love the blue ones especially. I'm already thinking about how to use them with polish to create some nail art. (Sorry I didn't photograph today, but I had an emergency faculty meeting this morning and rushed out of the house after opening the packet.)

Thank you so much!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@formul8edphrase oh, and I hope your back is feeling better! I know how those things can be. And I'm glad your cutie got something out of it, even though it was only the flower, lol. Sorry about its death
Ugh, it's actually gotten worse now, but that's ok. I'm having so much fun with my nail goodies that I can ignore it for awhile.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gabs will eat anything paper-ish, including used sheet masks, packaging, student essays, acetone-soaked cotton balls, and his favorite: used tissues. The dog is nuts. I have to make sure those emery boards stay out of his reach.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gabs will eat anything paper-ish, including used sheet masks, packaging, student essays, acetone-soaked cotton balls, and his favorite: used tissues. The dog is nuts. I have to make sure those emery boards stay out of his reach. 
My cat is obsessed with q-tips, and chews the cotton off of the ends of them. I have no idea why she does this, but if I'm using one she immediately runs to wherever I am and meows at me, its like she can smell them.  :lol:

My cat is obsessed with q-tips, and chews the cotton off of the ends of them. I have no idea why she does this, but if I'm using one she immediately runs to wherever I am and meows at me, its like she can smell them.  :lol:
My friend's cats do that too. They'll go into her trash and pull out the q-tips to play with. Gabranth will eat those, too, if he can get them. He's eaten a pencil, a lip balm, yards of tissues... When he was a puppy he just straight out ate paper. Now, it has to be paper products that have cosmetic smears on them for maximum yuck factor.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He has the most moisturized intestinal tract of anyone around, after all his chewing on my products.

(I usually catch him before he swallows anything, but a couple of cotton balls and a hydrogel mask have made it out the other side.)

My friend's cats do that too. They'll go into her trash and pull out the q-tips to play with. Gabranth will eat those, too, if he can get them. He's eaten a pencil, a lip balm, yards of tissues... When he was a puppy he just straight out ate paper. Now, it has to be paper products that have cosmetic smears on them for maximum yuck factor.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He has the most moisturized intestinal tract of anyone around, after all his chewing on my products.

(I usually catch him before he swallows anything, but a couple of cotton balls and a hydrogel mask have made it out the other side.)
Ahhh animals can be so ridiculous! hahahahha

Back