• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: VIB Rouge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just reading this thread and began to wonder how far I was from reaching VIB Rouge, I checked my account and was surprised to see I am just $53 away. I cannot believe I have spent so much $ at Sephora so far this year. Last year I spent a lot more, but this year I really cut back (at least I thought I had). Just yesterday I placed a $69 order with Ulta, if I got that stuff at Sephora I would have hit Rouge already. I mostly want it for the free shipping.

I appear to have been misinformed.  (BAD INTERNET!  GO TO YOUR ROOM!)  I read that, if ordered online, the VIB Rouge kit didn't come with a VIB Rouge card because you don't need a physical card to place orders online, so I emailed Sephora Customer Service, asking if that portion of my order could be removed so I could get a VIB Rouge card in-person at my local Sephora.  Here is the response to my email:

(I can't seem to edit my previous post regarding the VIB Rouge kit and card.)

Ah, I made VIB Rouge today.  I got the lipstick, a mini Bite lipstick in red which looks gorgeous on me, and the red VIB Rouge card.  I can't believe I spent that much money and it is only July!  You guys are a terrible shopping support group!!

Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the store today to get my card and yup, that is the lipstick...only the VIB Rouge kit has a mini one in it.
Yay!!  That's awesome!  Did you notice that it's a limited edition shade made just for VIB Rouge?   It looks like a nice shade of red.

I can't wait to see what the perks are going to be.  Someone else mentioned earlier that her friend works there and she said that the perks were going to be awesome and often!

I'm thinking that they will be, at least for now, to try and lure people into getting the Rouge status.  I guess only time will tell if it continues to be as awesome as they say it will be.

Wouldn't it be nice if one of the perks was that they give us an extra 10% on top of the 20% sale they have for the holidays? 
xmas.gif
     I think I'm dreaming now! 
laughs.gif

I appear to have been misinformed.  (BAD INTERNET!  GO TO YOUR ROOM!)  I read that, if ordered online, the VIB Rouge kit didn't come with a VIB Rouge card because you don't need a physical card to place orders online, so I emailed Sephora Customer Service, asking if that portion of my order could be removed so I could get a VIB Rouge card in-person at my local Sephora.  Here is the response to my email: (I can't seem to edit my previous post regarding the VIB Rouge kit and card.)
According to this Sephora FAQ http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/VIB-Rouge-FAQs/td-p/576407 you WILL NOT receive the card via the online welcome kit. I added the welcome kit to my last order and then read that it wouldn't contain the card so when I was at my local Sephora today I asked for the card. I'm hoping the email is incorrect otherwise I'm worried ill have two cards, and they not be linked :-/

Just went to my local sephora, and although I made rouge status- I didn't get anything from them... except the cashier gave me a new VIB kit...? with a new VIB card but thats it? annoying.

I appear to have been misinformed.  (BAD INTERNET!  GO TO YOUR ROOM!)  I read that, if ordered online, the VIB Rouge kit didn't come with a VIB Rouge card because you don't need a physical card to place orders online, so I emailed Sephora Customer Service, asking if that portion of my order could be removed so I could get a VIB Rouge card in-person at my local Sephora.  Here is the response to my email: (I can't seem to edit my previous post regarding the VIB Rouge kit and card.)
According to this Sephora FAQ http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/VIB-Rouge-FAQs/td-p/576407 you WILL NOT receive the card via the online welcome kit. I added the welcome kit to my last order and then read that it wouldn't contain the card so when I was at my local Sephora today I asked for the card. I'm hoping the email is incorrect otherwise I'm worried ill have two cards, and they not be linked :-/
I'm pretty sure that's where I went too. I hope the customer service representative was right & the card will be included in the online kit. My order should be here on Friday. I guess I'll find out then.

I feel like the rewards could be better but the curious cat in me is excited for the surprise gifts. 

Holy cats! Those are some amazing points rewards! I was excited but also a bit appalled about making VIB Rouge, but then I remembered the day I used my VIB discount at Christmas time to buy a bunch of presents (including perfume and a Clarisonic) and spent like $500 after the discount in one go. I buy most of my skincare and perfume there, too, and that stuff adds up over a year. I was thinking about getting a hair tool at Christmas, but may put that off until Chic Week next spring to get those points to help requalify next year. Hmm, if this level us worth it, I'll have to buy very strategically. And Bite is my favorite lipstick ever, so now to plan a purchase right now!

I just ordered some face wash I ran out of last week. Had to add the welcome package to the order (wasn't automatically in my cart). But when I was done, I sent my new card to Passbook and it's now this pretty red VIB Rouge color on my phone. If you have PB, no need to wait to shop to get your card.

My order just arrived.  Well, that was a disappointment.  The online VIB Rouge welcome kit does NOT come with a VIB Rouge card.  The card it comes with is the Beauty Studio All-Access Pass.  Commence toddler-esque meltdown.  I WANT MY PRETTY, SHINY RED CARD!  I'm going to take it to a Sephora tonight to see if I can exchange it for the kits they give out in-person.  *epic pout*  You lied to me, Olivia. ETA:  They did, however, throw in a sample of something that's on my Loves list though - Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture.  It's in a little foil packet. ETA (again!): I just went to Sephora & they said that the stores won't be getting the VIB Rouge cards until August 1st.

I just ordered some face wash I ran out of last week. Had to add the welcome package to the order (wasn't automatically in my cart). But when I was done, I sent my new card to Passbook and it's now this pretty red VIB Rouge color on my phone. If you have PB, no need to wait to shop to get your card.
Thanks for this! I prob wont make it to a regular store in a while and who knows if/ when SiJCP will have the cards. It's nice to have a digital version of the rouge card!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order just arrived.  Well, that was a disappointment.  The online VIB Rouge welcome kit does NOT come with a VIB Rouge card.  The card it comes with is the Beauty Studio All-Access Pass.  Commence toddler-esque meltdown.  I WANT MY PRETTY, SHINY RED CARD!  I'm going to take it to a Sephora tonight to see if I can exchange it for the kits they give out in-person.  *epic pout*  You lied to me, Olivia.

ETA:  They did, however, throw in a sample of something that's on my Loves list though - Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture.  It's in a little foil packet.

ETA (again!): I just went to Sephora & they said that the stores won't be getting the VIB Rouge cards until August 1st.
I got my card in the store yesterday. I am sorry to hear you couldn't get yours sooner.

Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order just arrived.  Well, that was a disappointment.  The online VIB Rouge welcome kit does NOT come with a VIB Rouge card.  The card it comes with is the Beauty Studio All-Access Pass.  Commence toddler-esque meltdown.  I WANT MY PRETTY, SHINY RED CARD!  I'm going to take it to a Sephora tonight to see if I can exchange it for the kits they give out in-person.  *epic pout*  You lied to me, Olivia.

ETA:  They did, however, throw in a sample of something that's on my Loves list though - Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture.  It's in a little foil packet.

ETA (again!): I just went to Sephora & they said that the stores won't be getting the VIB Rouge cards until August 1st.
I got my card in the store yesterday. I am sorry to hear you couldn't get yours sooner.

Hmm... the store I went to tonight was a Sephora inside JC Penny.  I might try a regular store tomorrow.  Maybe the August 1st date is only for that particular store.

Hmm... the store I went to tonight was a Sephora inside JC Penny.  I might try a regular store tomorrow.  Maybe the August 1st date is only for that particular store.
I was also able to get my rouge card in store this week. I'd call before you head over there and see if they have them in first (that's what I did). ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Must be specific to individual store locations?  I got my new rouge card in store last Wednesday with no issues. 

I have been VIB and when I logged in to my account, it said I needed to spend $107 to reach Rouge status. I placed on online order for $114. I was not offered a Rouge welcome kit and it still says I need $107 to reach Rouge. It did add the 114 points to my account though. Do they wait until they ship the order and place the charge on the credit card to update the status to Rouge? I emailed CS, but have not heard back yet.

Back