Sneak Peek Leak of new Urban Decay items, including an ELECTRIC palette.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually already got my hands on this palette - however I don't know if I should take swatches or do a blog post about it because I don't want Urban Decay to get pissed at me since it's not technically supposed to be out for awhile yet >.< I'm so torn! What should I do? 

Quote: Originally Posted by lethalglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I actually already got my hands on this palette - however I don't know if I should take swatches or do a blog post about it because I don't want Urban Decay to get pissed at me since it's not technically supposed to be out for awhile yet >.< I'm so torn! What should I do? 

If you have the palette in your hands already and it was purchased by you or given to you without any restrictions (such as signing a non-disclosure agreement) then you can post images.They'll deny it's real just as they did with NAKED3. They may also send you a cease and desist email however under US Fair Use laws so long as you're not trying to make a buck off of them or claiming you own the trademark it's fair game.

If you work with, as a blogger with UD, then you should weigh that as they may no longer want to work with you. If you currently don't work with them, as a blogger, then they may end up wanting to work with you in exchange for not posting in advance (again, goes to the NDA).

If I were in your shoes, I'd do swatches and post about it. It'll generate traffic and buzz to where ever you post the images at which as a blogger we both know that traffic is important.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have the palette in your hands already and it was purchased by you or given to you without any restrictions (such as signing a non-disclosure agreement) then you can post images.They'll deny it's real just as they did with NAKED3. They may also send you a cease and desist email however under US Fair Use laws so long as you're not trying to make a buck off of them or claiming you own the trademark it's fair game.

If you work with, as a blogger with UD, then you should weigh that as they may no longer want to work with you. If you currently don't work with them, as a blogger, then they may end up wanting to work with you in exchange for not posting in advance (again, goes to the NDA).

If I were in your shoes, I'd do swatches and post about it. It'll generate traffic and buzz to where ever you post the images at which as a blogger we both know that traffic is important.

Thanks! That was really helpful. Yeah, I guess the worst that could happen is they could request that I remove the post, but I figure it is free advertising for the company and the more hype there is about their products, the more they sell out so it's really win-win for them. I'm a huuuuge fan of Urban Decay and I know many people are and I really just wanted to share with everyone! Also, I don't work with Urban Decay and they probably have no idea I exist so I'm not stepping on their toes in that way - obviously if I was then there would be different etiquette. I'm working on the post now, it'll be up soon and I'll link it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the wise words, again!

UD put what looks like a spoiler video for the Electric palette on Facebook and Twitter today! Maybe it will be coming sooner than we thought.

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UD put what looks like a spoiler video for the Electric palette on Facebook and Twitter today! Maybe it will be coming sooner than we thought.
Awww man...now I want it again.

I like the looks of the flushed boxes.... I love electric colors but honestly- I have an executive management job-can't wear those colors much in the office (unless I want my all make engineering staff looking at me funny!). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope someone here can come up with some office looks (so I can have an excuse to buy it)!

Quote: Originally Posted by valkyriesound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like the looks of the flushed boxes.... I love electric colors but honestly- I have an executive management job-can't wear those colors much in the office (unless I want my all make engineering staff looking at me funny!). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope someone here can come up with some office looks (so I can have an excuse to buy it)!
So I decided to try to do a regular muted look for you using the palette that would be appropriate for your executive management job today.

In the inner corner, I used Revolt (bright glittery silver) and packed that on the entire moving part of the lid. Then I went into the outer 1/3 of the lid with Thrash (the chartreuse color in the palette). I cut the crease with Fringe (teal color) and blended it out a little bit with Satin Taupe from MAC. Underneath the waterline, I used Revolt (silver) on the inner corner and then on the outer 2/3rds I used the deeper green Freak (neon green). 

So out of the palette I used:

Revolt

Fringe

Freak

Thrash

And I really don't think the look is crazy at all, the good thing is that these colors are very pigmented so you don't have to use a lot when you're trying to get a pop of color. But I would definitely recommend adding some neutral colors to compliment them, I wouldn't use this palette alone - but I rarely ever use *any* palette alone for the looks I'm going for.

PS. Sorry if the pic is kinda blurry I was in a rush lol

Quote: Originally Posted by lethalglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I decided to try to do a regular muted look for you using the palette that would be appropriate for your executive management job today.

In the inner corner, I used Revolt (bright glittery silver) and packed that on the entire moving part of the lid. Then I went into the outer 1/3 of the lid with Thrash (the chartreuse color in the palette). I cut the crease with Fringe (teal color) and blended it out a little bit with Satin Taupe from MAC. Underneath the waterline, I used Revolt (silver) on the inner corner and then on the outer 2/3rds I used the deeper green Freak (neon green). 

So out of the palette I used:

Revolt

Fringe

Freak

Thrash

And I really don't think the look is crazy at all, the good thing is that these colors are very pigmented so you don't have to use a lot when you're trying to get a pop of color. But I would definitely recommend adding some neutral colors to compliment them, I wouldn't use this palette alone - but I rarely ever use *any* palette alone for the looks I'm going for.

PS. Sorry if the pic is kinda blurry I was in a rush lol
Beautiful look! I am super considering buying this palette because as I have seen on here, there are so many more less intense looks that I could create with it.

Oooh... nice... thanks! Now I'm just going to have to practice those blending skills to get that kind of look!

After almost a year of talking about this palette now that the release date is in 15 days... I'm thinking I may pass on this.

BTW - Leesha posted that almost 1/2 of the shadows are not intended for the eyes; which doesn't means it's not eye safe just some of the ingredients the FDA doesn't approve for the eyes but the EU may. Use at your own risk basically.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After almost a year of talking about this palette now that the release date is in 15 days... I'm thinking I may pass on this.

BTW - Leesha posted that almost 1/2 of the shadows are not intended for the eyes; which doesn't means it's not eye safe just some of the ingredients the FDA doesn't approve for the eyes but the EU may. Use at your own risk basically.

Yeah Christine posted that too.. 4 of the eyeshadows.. ehhh; and then I own 2 of the shades already.. kinda sucks but hey, I'll still buy it at $49 :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree [@]zadidoll[/@], Christine used three of them as blushes and only four on her lids. I dunno bout this palette either, Christine had awesome swatches, I almost wanna cave and get it, but if I can only use half on my lids safely? I already own over forty blushes I do not need any more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree @zadidoll, Christine used three of them as blushes and only four on her lids. I dunno bout this palette either, Christine had awesome swatches, I almost wanna cave and get it, but if I can only use half on my lids safely? I already own over forty blushes I do not need any more.

most of us don't need anymore makeup but we sure do want :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> for example, look at all the neutral palettes that we own haha btw - how are you?

And really, what is up with that? A shadow palette you can only use half the shadows for eyes? From UD? Really L'Oreal? Really?! That's such a fail, is that what we should expect from the company that built a reputation for creating safe vegan friendly products?

[@]viccckyhoang[/@] haha, want is the eternal enemy. I'm good, struggling to do a no buy. It's sooooo hard!

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@viccckyhoang haha, want is the eternal enemy. I'm good, struggling to do a no buy. It's sooooo hard!

no buys are hard!

do some empties and reward yourself... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I am ALL OVER THIS THANG! ::throws money at UD::
w00t.gif

Back