Sneak Peek Leak of new Urban Decay items, including an ELECTRIC palette.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New teaser for their eyeliners...looks like they will be online 3/18/14 too

0.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New teaser for their eyeliners...looks like they will be online 3/18/14 too

0.jpg

Definitely will have to look for these when they come out!

Just gonna grab the Electric palette 1st from their site and the rest of the collection on Sephora to use my 10% off that I haven't used yet :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and my boyfriend just told me that he'll pay for everything! Wa-hooooo!! Urban Decay junkie ;D

I already have similar shades to half those colors (and in fact have Chaos and rarely use it - I need to remember to use it more!), and then there are 4 not technically safe for the eye area??  Hmmm.  I love my eyes and don't want to risk health issues over orange eyeshadow.  Pass for me, unless I get it on clearance at some point.

They are beautiful though and a breath of fresh air after all the Naked shades.  Even Vice 2, while it had fun colors, were more 'safe' colors.  These certainly are Electric!  I will look forward to scoping it out in person at Ulta or Sephora.

They didn't show the other Flush palettes.. I wonder when those will be released? Native is so pretty and it is different from the original (the blush definitely is but the bronzer and highlighter is a bit too similar)

Native is in stock at Sephora but I have no idea when the other two will be available.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Native is in stock at Sephora but I have no idea when the other two will be available.

Yeah! I got Native last week :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been using it like crazy.. I really like the blush. I'm patiently waiting for the other 2 and the rest of the stuff. Will you be grabbing anything?

I have to get the palette. I'm all about colors. I just might not be able to get it immediately but I'm so happy to see something other than safer colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have to get the palette. I'm all about colors. I just might not be able to get it immediately but I'm so happy to see something other than safer colors.

Yay!! It doesn't matter if you can get it immediately or not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just as long as you get it ;D

For everyone that is afraid of the 4 shadows that are not safe for the eye area:

Maybe you can use it as hair chalk? Rub a bit of the eyeshadows on your fingers and glide it across your hair.. I have some of the Anastasia Hypercolor Brow and Hair Powder and SOME of them can be used as eyeshadows :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's where I got my idea from haha

Anyways if you try the method above just make sure to blow dry your hair to get the excess powder off and you're done! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For everyone that is afraid of the 4 shadows that are not safe for the eye area:

Maybe you can use it as hair chalk? Rub a bit of the eyeshadows on your fingers and glide it across your hair.. I have some of the Anastasia Hypercolor Brow and Hair Powder and SOME of them can be used as eyeshadows :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's where I got my idea from haha

Anyways if you try the method above just make sure to blow dry your hair to get the excess powder off and you're done! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hey that's a fun idea!  I also saw that Temptalia used them as blush instead and they looked good.  Frankly I have so many blushes - I try to rotate them but I have those Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes that last FOREVER and I have 6 of them.  Even with using them every day I've still had Dollface for over 2 years and I hit the pan but there's still enough to last me another year or two, ha ha.  They are just so pigmented and there's no powder fallout.  I'm pale so I don't need a lot of blush, just a light dusting to do the trick.

Otherwise I wonder if you could use them in other ways, like maybe mix the powder with some clear nail polish to make your own colors.  I've tried that before with mineral eyeshadow and it worked.  

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey that's a fun idea!  I also saw that Temptalia used them as blush instead and they looked good.  Frankly I have so many blushes - I try to rotate them but I have those Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes that last FOREVER and I have 6 of them.  Even with using them every day I've still had Dollface for over 2 years and I hit the pan but there's still enough to last me another year or two, ha ha.  They are just so pigmented and there's no powder fallout.  I'm pale so I don't need a lot of blush, just a light dusting to do the trick.

Otherwise I wonder if you could use them in other ways, like maybe mix the powder with some clear nail polish to make your own colors.  I've tried that before with mineral eyeshadow and it worked.  

I got my hair done a couple of months ago so it has light brown, dark brown, blonde, black, etc so I'll try to post a pic when I get the Electric palette to see if it actually works on darker hair.. We already have a lot of blushes so that's a bit of a bummer. I'm pretty sure that there are other ways to use the shadows that aren't eye safe. I'll think about it and come back with more ideas :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my hair done a couple of months ago so it has light brown, dark brown, blonde, black, etc so I'll try to post a pic when I get the Electric palette to see if it actually works on darker hair.. We already have a lot of blushes so that's a bit of a bummer. I'm pretty sure that there are other ways to use the shadows that aren't eye safe. I'll think about it and come back with more ideas :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It just seems so strange to me that UD would release a palette with 4 of them being unsafe-for-eye-area colors when UD is known for their amazing eyeshadows. True that there is probably a slim chance they would cause any sort of problem but still it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

I wonder if that's why they're calling it a 'pressed pigment palette' vs an 'eyeshadow palette'.  

But then - what do you do with those 4 colors if you shouldn't put them around your eyes??  I wonder if they will make it a point to come up with suggestions for their customers, or if they are going to kind of brush it under the rug and not draw attention to it.

We do need more ideas, ha ha!  I bet it would be awesome to use them wet for drawing fun stuff on your face for costumes or music festivals, like flowers or swirly designs.

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It just seems so strange to me that UD would release a palette with 4 of them being unsafe-for-eye-area colors when UD is known for their amazing eyeshadows. True that there is probably a slim chance they would cause any sort of problem but still it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

I wonder if that's why they're calling it a 'pressed pigment palette' vs an 'eyeshadow palette'.  

But then - what do you do with those 4 colors if you shouldn't put them around your eyes??  I wonder if they will make it a point to come up with suggestions for their customers, or if they are going to kind of brush it under the rug and not draw attention to it.

We do need more ideas, ha ha!  I bet it would be awesome to use them wet for drawing fun stuff on your face for costumes or music festivals, like flowers or swirly designs.

It really is strange... To be honest, I might use some of the shadows for eye looks. I'll make sure to use a sticky base and tap off excess powder ;P Hopefully my eyes will be a-okay. If not, they are already bad as is haha

I can definitely think of more ideas.. I love finding alternatives for everything. Btw - I was also thinking about the whole drawing on your face thing. I have 2 little nieces so I can get a bit creative haha

It's gorgeous, but I'm still on the fence about buying it.  It's so bright I don't know that I would use it very often.  Decisions, decisions.... I'm in love with the actual palette itself, though.  So pretty!  I wonder if UD will do an Electric set of the 24/7 pencils.  I would be all over that!

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Links to the new Urban Decay products. As of this post the links are not active.

the all nighter over nighter is already available at ulta, in case anyonre's interested.

Back