Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, two of them (this one included) are my fault :/. I originally posted the first one in a PoPSugar thread (being a newbie) before I realized it would be better suited for this group. I update both since I know people follow both of them. Sorry! The third one was started by someone else though. As I said, I'm still fairly new here, so anyone that knows how to combine them.. Feel free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't necessarily consider the hat to be "rocker" necessarily. I'd style it with a feminine tuxedo or even a sleek leather halter dress with red stilettos and a blood red lip. But there goes my former side job showing. I loved working as a stylist on the side but main job and the military reserves (and 4 kids) kind of left me short on "free" time. Seeing this first box and the kind of items they included, curated around a theme (which can be good or bad depending how well it's executed), I'm even more excited to get my first box!!
Yea, aside from the studded clutch, I wouldn't either.. I just used the term since that's what it said on the pamphlet. I have thick hair so I don't even know if that fedora would fit on my head lol.

Well if I get this box it will be going right back where it came from and then cancellation of the box is in order!!!!! Not my style at all!

Haha, no big deal.  I think I was one of the first people to join the one you started under the Popsugar group 
smile.gif
.  I am fairly new as well, so I just figured I'd ask in case anyone had any ideas.  

I am still looking forward to these boxes, although I'm hoping we get a different one than the one that was sent out for review.  I like the theme and the sort of "cutting edge" trends that they have, even if I may not always be able to pull them off!

Yea, aside from the studded clutch, I wouldn't either.. I just used the term since that's what it said on the pamphlet. I have thick hair so I don't even know if that fedora would fit on my head lol.
I think you'd look fabulôus in the hat!

Actually I read some of the comments on the site and she wasn't positive about this being the theme for everyone. You may want to email social just to make sure.

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies! Someone's already received their first Social Bliss box and written up a post: http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2014/01/january-2014-socialbliss-style-box-thestylebox-review/

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Another NYX palette? Popsugar October flashback, haha! NYX isn't anything people can't easily get themselves. Also,  from the comments after PS sent an NYX palette it seems that people who subscribe to boxes like this want higher end makeup. I know I do.

The clutch is useable, although not really my personal style. The fedora isn't really rocker, unless you're Steven Tyler.

And a bullet necklace with rhinestones? Really? Let's just say I'm very happy I didn't get this box, although it would give me an opportunity to see how well their return policy works;)

Not the best first impression of SB for me unfortunately.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vikki120306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey you guys! Another user let me know that someone was sent a Social Bliss box for review purposes and has their review up!

http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2014/01/january-2014-socialbliss-style-box-thestylebox-review/

Judging from her description, this is NOT the box that we would be getting. Which I'm a little glad for since the whole rocker theme isn't my style, but I'm still curious for what we'll be getting next month! What do you guys think?
That's my blog.  I'm not sure what where I said this wasn't the box everyone who subscribed would be getting?  I just said that I ordered a box myself and it hadn't shipped yet to my knowledge?

I know!  Same here.  Although I'm a bit relieved that this is not the box I'll be getting.  At least that's what I gathered from the review.  I'm pretty sure when I signed up it was already for next month's box.  The whole rocker theme isn't really my style although I would have made use of the clutch :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How do you know that this isn't the box you will get?  Does your subscription start with February?  I subscribed (totally separate from my review box), but I can't remember what it said when I signed up which month it would start with.

Quote: Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How do you know that this isn't the box you will get?  Does your subscription start with February?  I subscribed (totally separate from my review box), but I can't remember what it said when I signed up which month it would start with.

Did you get a confirmation e-mail after you subscribed? Maybe it says in there?

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get a confirmation e-mail after you subscribed? Maybe it says in there?
Nope.  My account just says "My Subscription" and doesn't really give details?

Hey you guys!  Another user let me know that someone was sent a Social Bliss box for review purposes and has their review up!

http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2014/01/january-2014-socialbliss-style-box-thestylebox-review/

Judging from her description, this is NOT the box that we would be getting.  Which I'm a little glad for since the whole rocker theme isn't my style, but I'm still curious for what we'll be getting next month!  What do you guys think?
That's my review!  I'm not sure what I said that makes you think it's not the box for this month?  I subscribed a week or two ago and just assumed they hadn't shipped it yet, but that I'd get the same box this month with my normal subscription?  I'll ask!

That's my blog.  I'm not sure what where I said this wasn't the box everyone who subscribed would be getting?  I just said that I ordered a box myself and it hadn't shipped yet to my knowledge?
Thanks for the review! And I just assumed since you had said this wasn't the box you ordered and when I first signed up I was under the impression (I think I read it in their FAQ) that anyone who signed up this month would get the "February" box. And since you got this one so early, I figured it was January's. Also because since they sent you this box and you had said you also ordered one, I didn't think they'd send you the same box twice. I suppose it's mostly assumption :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

That's my review!  I'm not sure what I said that makes you think it's not the box for this month?  I subscribed a week or two ago and just assumed they hadn't shipped it yet, but that I'd get the same box this month with my normal subscription?  I'll ask!
Just replied in another thread lol. I started two by accident.. Newbie probs ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nope.  My account just says "My Subscription" and doesn't really give details?

Hrm, strange. Come on, SB, step it up with the specifics:)!

Pretty certain that I'll be getting whatever their February box is... I think it says if you subscribe during a month then you get the following month's box. Which is why since I subscribed in Jan, I assumed I'd be getting Feb.. This is what I found on their FAQ "You can expect your first shipment in the middle of the next month of you placing the order. For example, if you placed an order on October 18th, you can expect your order sometime around the date of November 15th." A bit confusing I suppose.

Here's what I was going off of from their FAQ page "You can expect your first shipment in the middle of the next month of you placing the order. For example, if you placed an order on October 18th, you can expect your order sometime around the date of November 15th."

Here's what I was going off of from their FAQ page "You can expect your first shipment in the middle of the next month of you placing the order. For example, if you placed an order on October 18th, you can expect your order sometime around the date of November 15th."
Hmm. I placed an order gosh, on maybe the 3rd?  I wonder what I will get!  I'll e-mail!

Hi All!  

There were two Social Bliss threads, so I merged them into one, as information was becoming confused between the two threads.  Hopefully this helps!

Back