Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my social bliss box today. I really enjoyed the hat. I was expecting it would look ridiculous on me but even my husband said you look pretty good which is a thumbs up. the necklace is a bullet casing so all intensive purposes I can see how some people say it's just a bullet. But it was so much better in person. It is really interesting and was attractive would so wear that to work. the makeup was a different packaging than my other nyx make up. it felt more special. it looks special. really enjoyed the colors. I haven't tried the pigments yet. I got the blue clutch and it's much bigger in person

Blue clutch, spoiler

I got my box!  I got the blue clutch too, and I love it!  I wish there was a longer strap to make it shoulder or crossbody bag, but I still think it's great.  The makeup is very wearable, and I like it, although I already have more eyeshadow than I know what to do with.  I think the necklace is pretty cool, and I like the idea that inspired it.  I agree that it looks better in person.  It's still just not my style, though, so I'll have to see if I can sell or trade it.  

So...that hat.  I actually really like it!  I've never worn hats, but I feel like I could pull this one off, and my bf said I looked cute in it :)

Here's the problem, though:  the hat is too big!  It totally slides around on my head and feels like it's going to fall off.  So now I'm disappointed because the hat I didn't think I would want doesn't fit, lol.  Definitely didn't see that coming!

So I loved one item, was so-so on another (eyeshadow), won't use the third (necklace), and can't use the fourth (hat).  Based on that, I guess I shouldn't be so happy about this box, but I still am.  I think there's a lot of potential here, and the quality of the items was good.  I feel like they could very easily send me a box in an upcoming month that I absolutely love.  I'm keeping this subscription!  Looking forward to February!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Subscribing for updates.  Not enough info for me to bite yet and the [email protected] email address freaks me out haha.  Looks super fun though.
Why does the email address freak you out? Is it because of the "hello" part and a bad experience with a certain "monthly" nail sub?

All my tracking says is "Expected Delivery Date 1/23/14" and that it was Processed through USPS Sort Facility in Kearny, NJ on 1/24/14 at  4:05am. I want my box now!!!  
madno.gif
 Kearny, NJ is about an hour away from me.  I could go pick it up!!!  
frown.gif

Just rechecked and my tracking says "Out for Delivery"!!  Yay!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Baublesntreats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So...that hat.  I actually really like it!  I've never worn hats, but I feel like I could pull this one off, and my bf said I looked cute in it :)

Here's the problem, though:  the hat is too big!  It totally slides around on my head and feels like it's going to fall off.  So now I'm disappointed because the hat I didn't think I would want doesn't fit, lol.  Definitely didn't see that coming!
I don't know how long your hair is but a trick I use when I have a hat that is too big for me is I twist my hair up in a french twist (without pins or anything) and put the hat on back of the head first.  It fills the gap in the back.  Then when you take the hat off, your hair falls down really nice.  My hair is very long and full. i can't pull off hats with my hair down and this is a great way to get a loose hat to fit better.

BTW, I just got my box!  I love it.  except I received the blue purse, not the black one.  I prefer an all black look.  The fedora is a bit too big and I used the french twist trick and it fits nicely and looks great! LOVE IT!!!  I might cancel PSMH for this one!

I don't know if anyone saw it but there is a comments card in the box for suggestions, ideas for future boxes, etc.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know how long your hair is but a trick I use when I have a hat that is too big for me is I twist my hair up in a french twist (without pins or anything) and put the hat on back of the head first.  It fills the gap in the back.  Then when you take the hat off, your hair falls down really nice.  My hair is very long and full. i can't pull off hats with my hair down and this is a great way to get a loose hat to fit better.
Thanks for the tip!  I don't have thick hair, but is is pretty long.  I'll have to give it a try.

Quote: Originally Posted by Baublesntreats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks for the tip!  I don't have thick hair, but is is pretty long.  I'll have to give it a try.
No problem.  Make sure the twist part goes up the back of your head, so start low so that the added dimension is in the back, not on top. I know a lot of people who start their twists high and it doesn't work. If that doesn't work and it's still a tad too big, you can run the rest of the twist back down and just shove the ends (if they show) up into the back of the hat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about putting a piece of foam glued to the back of the hat, so it takes up more space?

or something else from the Walmart sewing dept, they sell tons of stuff for alterations, fabric glue, shoulder pads, velcro...I'm sure there has to be something there?

What about a pc of those grippy heel liners- those are not too obvious.

Well according to what someone had posted from their email, I definitely will be getting the February box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Especially since you all have gotten your January ones. I'm excited!! Maybe anyone here who knows how to create groups and such (I'm still new) can make an actual Social Bliss group and we can eventually get trades going after a couple of months?

Quote: Originally Posted by Vikki120306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well according to what someone had posted from their email, I definitely will be getting the February box
smile.gif
. Especially since you all have gotten your January ones. I'm excited!! Maybe anyone here who knows how to create groups and such (I'm still new) can make an actual Social Bliss group and we can eventually get trades going after a couple of months?
Did I miss something?  What was posted from someone's email?

Did I miss something?  What was posted from someone's email?
Hi guys! I got an email a few days ago from Socialbliss and this is what they said: In regards to questions about charges: For this month if your purchase date was before the 15th this month, you will be receiving a box for January. Your next charge will be on February 1. If your purchase date was after the 15th, you will not receive this month's box, your first box will be the February box. Just thought I'd let you know. Nancy
A few pages back in the thread..

I just got the January box, and it is just not my style at all! Did anyone here have luck asking to return? I think I read that somewhere but can't find it (I'm sneaking around at work right now haha). 

@Vikki120306, I misunderstood you.  I thought you had some inside scoop as to what was in the Feb box!!

Back