Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so I was wrong - or moreso the email was wrong because even though I placed my order after the 15th, I still got the January box just now.  I didn't get any shipment/tracking notifitcation either, it just popped up today.  I actually really do like the clutch (I got the red one) but I'm not into anything else that came in the box and feel like it's more worth it for me to return it and get credit towards the Feb box (that seems to be the onl y form of refund - credit towards another box).  I just emailed them now to start the return process - so any of you curious about returns, I will let you know how it goes.

Okay, so I was wrong - or moreso the email was wrong because even though I placed my order after the 15th, I still got the January box just now.  I didn't get any shipment/tracking notifitcation either, it just popped up today.  I actually really do like the clutch (I got the red one) but I'm not into anything else that came in the box and feel like it's more worth it for me to return it and get credit towards the Feb box (that seems to be the onl y form of refund - credit towards another box).  I just emailed them now to start the return process - so any of you curious about returns, I will let you know how it goes.
I'm curious to know if the credit you get includes the cost of shipping for the next box and also if you have to pay return shipping charges for this box. I really only want the clutch as well, but I'm not sure it would be worth it for me to return the box if I end up losing money in shipping costs. Keep us posted!

Sorry Vicki, I just wrote what Socialbliss sent me in an email about when you would get the box! I apologize if it was wrong, but that's what they told me in the first place. I also am sorry you don't like the box. I stopped the sub. Before it started as I felt they were going to send things that were not for me. Maybe thy will refund you. Again, sorry. nancy

Sorry Vicki, I just wrote what Socialbliss sent me in an email about when you would get the box! I apologize if it was wrong, but that's what they told me in the first place. I also am sorry you don't like the box. I stopped the sub. Before it started as I felt they were going to send things that were not for me. Maybe thy will refund you. Again, sorry. nancy
Oh gosh, please, no need to be sorry at all! I didn't blame you in the slightest, haha. I appreciated that you posted that. It's more just Socialbliss being a bit off on their cut off dates but I suppose that's to be expected as they iron out a few things. I feel pretty neutral towards this box so I'm willing to stay on for February. I'm doing the same with PopSugar so it'll be like a "box-off" lol. Although, even though they do have similarities.. SocialBliss, so far, seems more fashion/beauty oriented than lifestyle in general. Oh well. We shall see...

Oh gosh, please, no need to be sorry at all! I didn't blame you in the slightest, haha. I appreciated that you posted that. It's more just Socialbliss being a bit off on their cut off dates but I suppose that's to be expected as they iron out a few things. I feel pretty neutral towards this box so I'm willing to stay on for February. I'm doing the same with PopSugar so it'll be like a "box-off" lol. Although, even though they do have similarities.. SocialBliss, so far, seems more fashion/beauty oriented than lifestyle in general. Oh well. We shall see...
Vicki, I. Just decided to stick with popsugar since my husband bought me a sub. For a year on Black friday! Te first Socialbliss was not up my alley so to say and I'll see how it goes. If it gets better I'll join again. Wish you all well and try to keep peeking at this thread from time to time to see how it's going!!! Enjoy!!! I guess I felt bad about posting about the dates that SB gave me, but just wanted to share as everyone had so many questions not answered.

Aw man I wish I had subbed to this. I really love the clutch and the necklace. I guess I'll be stalking the trade threads! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Update on their return service - They responded to me asking if there was anything in the box that I actually liked and I told them just the clutch.  We'll see what they try to do with that... I think they may offer that I keep the clutch and get a partial credit back?  Depending on what they place the credit amount at, I may go along with it if that's what they propose.  They answered me a day after I emailed them and it was over the weekend, so they seem pretty prompt.

I sent them an e-mail about returning, and they asked if there was anything I liked (same as above), and I said I would have liked the clutch if it was in black. They responded saying I could sent it back for a credit, but that I have to cover cost of shipping. I don't want to lose money on the shipping, so I guess I'll trade for stuff I do like! Is there a specific place we can list our Social Bliss trades? I haven't done many trades so don't have a list set up and am not sure how it works - sorry! 

FYI I have a damaged hat and just wanted to return the whole box and I have to pay the return shipping. It's totally lame on their part. I figured I can be the guinea pig for returning the box and seeing what happens but I may change my mind - it's not worth the 7.95 shipping here and the 9.59 return shipping to return the whole thing, is it? That clutch is HEAVY.

Quote: Originally Posted by brandyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  FYI I have a damaged hat and just wanted to return the whole box and I have to pay the return shipping. It's totally lame on their part. I figured I can be the guinea pig for returning the box and seeing what happens but I may change my mind - it's not worth the 7.95 shipping here and the 9.59 return shipping to return the whole thing, is it? That clutch is HEAVY.
Wow, even with damage they didn't pay for shipping?? That is definitely lame, and a bad CS practice in my mind. It's one thing if you just don't like what they're offering (though like others, I wish there was some kind of sneak peek or customization before commitment) but to expect your customer to pick up the tab for damage doesn't really inspire loyalty. 

I am still going to return my box.  I also emailed them and said if they are making me cover shipping fees then I want an actual refund and not credit towards another box like it says in their FAQ.  If they still try to only give me credit then I will dispute the charge with my bank.  They've already charged me for February's box but that will be my last box from them because I just canceled my subscription.  They still have a lot to learn about customer service/satisfaction if they ever hope to be a contender in the subscription box world.  It's a shame because if the February box had ended up being better than POP's Feb box then I would have stuck with Social Bliss - but I'll just put up with POP's so so boxes for now until they put out a good one - at least their customer service is more up to par.  Really disappointed with this one.. oh well.

I received the blue clutch and the necklace was the one without the lobster claw.  It is ok but, I think I would have preferred the one with the lobster claw.   This was the main reason I went with the subscription.

Also, I was charged already for the next box on 02/01.  I think it is interesting since they send the box towards the end of the month.  I know many boxes charge o 02/01 but, with this type of subscription, I would think they would setup payment closer to when they send out the box.  Or at least mid month.  I am curious now to see what the next box will contain.

Okay, so after a little bit of back and forth they have agreed to give me an actual refund instead of credit since February will be my last box for now. I'm not ruling them out completely, but I'll have to hear a lot more positive before considering jumping back on again. I'm still excited for the February box though. Hopefully they pick items that suite a bigger target audience.

Ugh they are so crazy! They want me to pay to return my damaged hat! PSMH would just send me out a new one! 

Yes, I agree, lol. They have a lot to work out. They should get my returned box today so I'm expecting a refund to my account within the next week or so.

So just to update people in regards to their customer service.. I was told I would get a FULL refund to my credit card once they received my return (which I paid the shipping for). The woman I was emailing with (Kaitlyn) even told me that she would personally be on the look out for it. It marked as delivered last week. Being familiar with return processes I know it wouldn't hit my bank probably for a other week or so - but I didn't even receive any sort of acknowledgement that they received my package and that the return process would be initiated. I have them a few days and still nothing, so in the middle of the week I emailed them and asked for some sort of confirmation... Still nothing. I filed a dispute through my bank since their lack of response makes me uncomfortable so I am confident I will get my money back either way, but I find it pretty disappointing that they are a new sub and don't seem to care much in terms of CS. Oh well, lesson learned. I already canceled but since I was already charged for Feb, I'll still be getting this month's box.. Love or hate, I'm just going to keep it since I don't feel like going through this process again. I think they start shipping for this month soon, so I can't wait to see what we all get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So just to update people in regards to their customer service.. I was told I would get a FULL refund to my credit card once they received my return (which I paid the shipping for). The woman I was emailing with (Kaitlyn) even told me that she would personally be on the look out for it. It marked as delivered last week. Being familiar with return processes I know it wouldn't hit my bank probably for a other week or so - but I didn't even receive any sort of acknowledgement that they received my package and that the return process would be initiated. I have them a few days and still nothing, so in the middle of the week I emailed them and asked for some sort of confirmation... Still nothing. I filed a dispute through my bank since their lack of response makes me uncomfortable so I am confident I will get my money back either way, but I find it pretty disappointing that they are a new sub and don't seem to care much in terms of CS. Oh well, lesson learned. I already canceled but since I was already charged for Feb, I'll still be getting this month's box.. Love or hate, I'm just going to keep it since I don't feel like going through this process again. I think they start shipping for this month soon, so I can't wait to see what we all get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't believe they didn't contact you? Did this cost you the 7.95 initial shipping plus the 9.95 return shipping? I was uncomfortable when they charged my CC on Feb 1st and I haven't received any communication. They should have sent an e-mail that I card was charged. And they should charge my card closer to the time they ship. If they charge on Feb 1st they should ship within 7 days. It looks like we won't receive the boxes until early March. I don't like the idea of being charged right after getting my Feb box. I am excited to see what they send out this month.

@Vikki120306  Did you get any e-mail confirmation for your cancellation?  I went online and clicked the cancel subscription link for my account.  It says my account is cancelled but, I am wondering if they are going to charge my account.

I can't believe they didn't contact you? Did this cost you the 7.95 initial shipping plus the 9.95 return shipping? I was uncomfortable when they charged my CC on Feb 1st and I haven't received any communication. They should have sent an e-mail that I card was charged. And they should charge my card closer to the time they ship. If they charge on Feb 1st they should ship within 7 days. It looks like we won't receive the boxes until early March. I don't like the idea of being charged right after getting my Feb box. I am excited to see what they send out this month.
Yes, I paid the shipping both ways which is why I kept insisting I get a full refund and not a credit towards another box, which is their policy. Its disappointing because I really think they have potential to be a great box. Hopefully they work on a lot of things down the line and I can consider subbing to them again.
@Vikki120306  Did you get any e-mail confirmation for your cancellation?  I went online and clicked the cancel subscription link for my account.  It says my account is cancelled but, I am wondering if they are going to charge my account.
I just double checked my email to see if they sent me anything and no, they didn't. But it does say "canceled" on my account too. I'll be pretty livid if they charge me for another month after this. Guess we'll know for sure on March 1st!

I will be livid too.  But, the February box may blow me away and I will end up resubscribing.

I saw this response on their Facebook page

Socialbliss Our cover photo has a few hints of what MAY be in the box.. Stay tuned as we may throw out more hints.. 
February 12 at 2:23pm Â· Like

The cover photos has a black clutch with flower imprints, a necklace with pink stones, some gold ring looking items, a YSL product, Chanel #5 perfume, an Evian bottle (possibly a spray), a red wine mask, a pair of jeweled high heeled shoes, a fluffy white thing…maybe a shawl.  
My guess is an night out on the town theme or an Oscar ready theme?

Latest posts

Back