Somebody Stop Me!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmao!
saevil.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go to IMATS! You get DISCOUNTS! LOL

oh boy! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i'm planning not to buy makeup/clothes/material stuff for a month. can i do it?! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> go go go!!!

Sally's... stopped off at two and picked four of the six Metal Crackles.

Ok ladies i have to admit... Since i started coming onto this forum... I have also been buying makeup like crazy... but i wait for the specials... now i have a shoe addiction and a make up addiction... I also dont buy as much clothes anymore as i have to loose weight...

But what must we do if we love looking good....

Oh don't get me going on shoe addictions. I had to stop several of my shoe subscriptions because it was adding up $39.95 here, $49.95 there.

Oh man somebody had to mention "sally's" and "crackles" and now that's all I'm thinking about!!!!! argh! Quick question...are they hard to remove? As in, does it take a lot of remover?

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man somebody had to mention "sally's" and "crackles" and now that's all I'm thinking about!!!!! argh! Quick question...are they hard to remove? As in, does it take a lot of remover?
I didn't have any problem taking off the China Glaze crackle I used last night (one of the metal ones, didn't recall the name).

I know! See?!? I DO have a problem! A HUGE one! And I have been up since 6:30AM fighting to keep myself from going out to that Sephora to pick up those mineral products, and then go get my $10 off a $50 cosmetics purchase at The Bay, plus my freebie from Shoppers Drug Mart with my accumulated points there, AND from going to Murale to spend $75 to get 10x the points and a free beach towel, so I can then get MORE points for MORE free products! Oh, and let us not forget about the trip I want to take across the border to Walgreens to see what they have in stock! Couldn't give a rat's arse about the beach towel, really, I just want them points so I can get more stuff! This is what I was planning on doing ALL in ONE DAY today! Insane! And I don't need a damn thing, except maybe the silicone free primer and liquid foundation! Even that I can live without, however, I will allow myself to get those two higher priced items once I test out the billions of samples I got at Sephora yesterday and figure out which ones are best for me. Oh, and they also gave me my birthday gift which I was not able to get in May because I was feeling crappy and didn't want to drive that far just for a free bottle of shower gel. So scooped that up yesterday. No doubt I will try to get the foundation and primer products at Murale, though, so I can get my points for more freebies, too. Jeeeezuz....I'm like a bloody crack addict!

Oh LORD....don't even get me started on HAIR and the shopping networks.....I've got a year and a half supply of Ojon products of all sorts, and am still paying off other stuff month by month that I bought from our shopping network here. I stopped buying from them, though, when they sold me a crap computer which I am now trying to get a new replacement for because it's still under warranty. Word of advice: NEVER buy anything that DELL sells. Absolute trash....so I guess I may be going through withdrawals from that and making up for it by going nuts in the stores. Quite honestly, I prefer shopping online as the selection and variety of products is far better, and I can get stuff from all over the world. Not to mention the prices! But the problem is, I am STILL shopping online AND in the stores. The only thing I eliminated was the shopping network here, which will never get another dime from me as long as I live. Between the computer issue and them kicking people off their Facebook wall for criticizing the products they sell, I have had it with them.

As far as my husband goes, he spends pretty close to nothing on himself. I had to argue with him to get a new pair of shoes and actually had to go to the store with him and PUSH him to buy a pair, even though his other ones were falling apart. He doesn't feel good about spending money on himself, has a very Buddhist-type view on life, and is more interested in researching the theory and real history behind religions and fanatical groups than going and buying himself a new pair of socks or underwear. If it wasn't for me going and getting stuff for him and pushing him to spend some money on himself, he would live like a monk. And I am in no way blowing that out of proportion.

Add to my collection as of today a Stila 3 pan palette with Eve, Kitten and Americano. I already HAVE Kitten, but couldn't leave it sitting there for the price of $18 when buying them separately would have cost me over $70 with tax.....this is truly my CRACK.....

I truly think at the mass of your purchases at the moment that you do have a problem.  I know what its like to go crazy, obsessed about getting stuff.  I want to collect them all.  I did this with the mica pigments at TKB and coastal scents, brushes, blushes, lippies, oils, essential oils...the list goes on.  Maybe you should focus your energies on doing something with your husband...plan a trip or redecorate your bedroom instead of makeup.  Do you have kids?

When I used to work in Kitsilano/Vancouver, I used to spend hours in book stores and specialty magazine stores where I would pay up to $50 for a unique fashion magazine. Eek.

I find it that buying pretty/beautiful things make me a lot happier. Sigh. It's definitely an addiction. LOL.

I didn't buy anything for two days now. Phew. But I feel somewhat depressed/lonely/bored with life.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gifI didn't buy anything for two days now. Phew. But I feel somewhat depressed/lonely/bored with life.

LMAO That's how I get when there's something I want and I haven't bought it. I get all sad about it wanting it.

lol...yes...it's like quitting smoking or something. aaaah! I've been clean for 3 days.

I get extremely obsessive when I want something - like if it's online - i would browse the website everyday and google for better deals, try to find coupons etc.

LMAO That's how I get when there's something I want and I haven't bought it. I get all sad about it wanting it.

I use to be obsessed. I think the moment you find another love for something is when you move on. Whether it be a particular item or just a favorite past time. However; once you become a makeup enthusiast, you will never stop loving it. I think it's better to be obsessed with makeup, rather than be obsessed with something like drugs, etc.

The endorphins that flow when you buy something is a high as well.  That's how hoarders are born.  It concerns me that someone so guilty because they know its a problem to lie about it.  If it looks, sounds and acts like an addiction, it is an addiction.  Spending hundreds on make up is really no different from drugs.  

Drugs are by far worse. An addiction to something that is scientifically safe and doesn't affect others doesn't have the distresses, let alone the emotional impact that drugs does. Plus, as an observer seeing people who are on drugs or have managed to become manifested with substances that garner addiction, as opposed to seeing women become addicted to makeup, there is a huge difference. This woman isn't spending hundreds on makeup all of the time. It would be different, but even if she spent millions on makeup, it would not even touch the sinister and iniquity that drugs, let alone a drug addiction exhibits.

iagree.gif
  makeup won't kill you and you can't overdose. unless of course, if you start shop lifting to get more makeup you can go to jail or if you start selling/prostituting yourself for money to buy more makeup...you can end up murdered...i doubt someone would hustle on the streets for makeup

my only other addiction is COFFEE! i can't live without it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
coffee.gif

Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Drugs are by far worse. An addiction to something that is scientifically safe and doesn't affect others doesn't have the distresses, let alone the emotional impact that drugs does. Plus, as an observer seeing people who are on drugs or have managed to become manifested with substances that garner addiction, as opposed to seeing women become addicted to makeup, there is a huge difference. This woman isn't spending hundreds on makeup all of the time. It would be different, but even if she spent millions on makeup, it would not even touch the sinister and iniquity that drugs, let alone a drug addiction exhibits.

musingmuse, did you know that coffee is actually good for your skin? It increases circulation and basically wakes your skin up. Really interesting.

Latest posts

Back