Something to perkup my face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a duo of Nars Laguana Bronzer, and Orgasm blush, (light on the blush obviously), would this be a good combo for me?

Trisha I always mena to ask you about the KA SSE... What size is the container? And how long does it last you when you use it only as an undereye concealer?

either way, it was no biggie...

And the things the other girls said earlier were great suggestions!

Tightlining (preferably with a gel liner like Stila Smudgepots or MAC Fluidline) are a FANTASTIC and very natural way to perk up the eyes. And a little bronzer or blush to the cheeks is a great suggestion too! Take a look at today's thread in the FOTD forum, I did a face with only some powder all over the face and some bronzer on, so you can see what it looks like.

hey frankamato!

i have been using dior skinflash radiance booster pen in candlelight for a while now and really like it. it is really, really subtle. it is a concealer, but also not obvious at all and really makes your skin glow. i will put it on the bridge of my nose, under my eyes for circles, under my brows. i just think it makes you look glowy and polished. they sell it at sephora, so you can try it in the store first.

i love trisha's suggestion of clear mascara! if you are just trying to perk up your face, that would do it without adding any color, and i think it would be really subtle and nice.

This may sound like a stupid question: I guess there would be a certain order that you would apply the m/u...

This is my thoughts:

1. Cleanse

2. Moisturize

3. Concealer

4. Bronzer

5. Blush

6. Eyes

a. Brows

b. Shadow

c. liner (tightlining)

d. Mascara

7. Lips (gloss/balm)

Does this make sense to you guys? After all this, and you guys have been so great, I want to get it right! :icon_love

Actually this looks like a great order to apply stuff in... The only question I have is what is the "Eyes" entry... I apply my eye m/u like this...

Concealer (under eyes)

MAC Paint (If I am using e/s, to make it stay on longer w/o creasing)

Eyeshadow

Liner

Mascara

Brows

Also, depending on what types of each you have, I would usually either apply Blush OR Bronzer and not necessarily both at the same time, but there are exceptions of course... If you apply both with a light hand, there should be no problem!!

Your order sounds great to me though!! Do you have all your "toys" yet? Once you do, I would suggest experimenting at home when you aren't going to be going out so you can see what you think, and develop your own order/technique. But I think you are off to a fantastic start!!

About the bronzer / blush thing i got the NARS ORGASM BLUSH/LAGUNA BRONZER from ebay, I assume these would go good together?

Frank

Probably... I have heard both colors are pretty, but I haven't used them myself, so I can't tell you specifically...

The best thing you can do is play with these things when they come. Experiment with them and see how you can create a look that you like. You might want to only use the Orgasm one day and maybe Laguna another, or you may want to put a light bit of Laguna on the tops of your cheekbones, and blend in a little bit of Orgasm for a pinkish color on the apples of your cheeks...

i use orgasm everyday because i don't like looking made-up and it looks very natural. it has a tiny bit of gold shimmer in it...very, very subtle. i think you'll like it. they have a gloss in orgasm now too...i wonder what that is like.

i like when guys are confident enough to wear eyeliner. it looks good. frank black from the pixies wore it and says in one of his songs, "i was wearing eyeliner, she was wearing eyeliner."

Back