(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wish list

1.Concelar

2.Nude/pink/coral lip product (NO RED)

3.Pastel Nail Polish

4.Blotting sheets

5.Surprise me!!!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That doesn't seem like a very effective method of applying blush/highlighter.  
icon_neutral.gif
  It's probably a little more convenient than creams/powders/etc...
It really isn't. It's horribly awkward to apply and the color ends up all over your hands and its messy. If I use a brush to sweep the color off of the sheets, it kind of works, but sort of defeats the purpose. Honestly, I think they are kind of cool to put in your purse and have on hand for a quick touch up, but not for just regular use. I'd love to see any other kind of blush though. Anything, a stain, powder, cream, and stick, anything but sheets. It was a cool thing to try out, but I'd like something different.

Originally Posted by brigetteesklar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And some concealer, like, good concealer! I dont really mind if it's full sized or not. If they are selling us great products, then it doesnt really matter if they're full sized. Ipsy needs to step it up just a little.
I fully agree! The whole point is to try things that we might like and potentially buy in the future. And honestly, I get so many deluxe-sized samples and minis from subs and Sephora and what have you, that I don't even need full-sizes. I have too much stuff to use at this point to need a full-size anything, I'll never be able to use it all! My mascara count alone is at 12.... 

Also, have you tried Hard Candy's Glamoflague? It's seriously the best concealer ever! It's so insanely concentrated that it will last FOREVER, and for $6 that's pretty good. It's crazy pigmented and covers my dark circles under my eyes like nothing I have ever tried! It also covered a recent curling iron burn to the forehead like a pro!! I did try it on a small tattoo behind my ear (that's one of the main things it's marketed for, covering tattoos) and it did a pretty decent job!

And some concealer, like, good concealer! I dont really mind if it's full sized or not. If they are selling us great products, then it doesnt really matter if they're full sized. Ipsy needs to step it up just a little.
omg don't let the ipsy Facebook mob hear you say that lol

I would LOVE a cream blush. I do not currently own one, and I would really like a coral/peachy colored one for spring. Lip butters would be nice, and a nice pastel nail color would be great too! 

I also need a good skin/face exfoliating scrub for all of the dry dull skin winter causes.. 

Originally Posted by lillybunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please no ridiculous lip colors!!!
You mean like the Make lipstick BirchBox sent me in the matte shade "Putty". It turned my lips the same color as my skin. 

Lipless is not a good look for me.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You mean like the Make lipstick BirchBox sent me in the matte shade "Putty". It turned my lips the same color as my skin. 

lolololol. lipless is not a good look for ANYONE. no offense to anyone who likes the whole skin colored lip thing....

lolololol. lipless is not a good look for ANYONE. no offense to anyone who likes the whole skin colored lip thing....
Ew I looked it up!! What were they thinking? And I agree- the trend in my town is to put concealer ON your lips and then go crazy with eyeliner. I don't partake in it. 🙅😬

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

roflmao.gif
  I had the same reaction to the "nude lip" craze... and the Benefit Lip Plump.

Originally Posted by lillybunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ew I looked it up!! What were they thinking? And I agree- the trend in my town is to put concealer ON your lips and then go crazy with eyeliner. I don't partake in it. 🙅😬
lolol. oh no. 0.0 don't get me wrong, it looks o.k. on celebrities who have 10 different super experienced MUAs working on their face at any given moment(and who use colors that have an undertone to them, not COMPLETELY skin colored). but it just makes people look dead. especially on me. I have naturally darkish colored lips(weird because I'm so pale) and covering it. its just. not good.

girls who put concealer on their mouths look like....

this to me. 0.0

this however...

totally cute because its not skin colored. it looks very natural. to me, nude lips is lips that don't have anything on them. or are toned down. not skin colored.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lolol. oh no. 0.0 don't get me wrong, it looks o.k. on celebrities who have 10 different super experienced MUAs working on their face at any given moment(and who use colors that have an undertone to them, not COMPLETELY skin colored). but it just makes people look dead. especially on me. I have naturally darkish colored lips(weird because I'm so pale) and covering it. its just. not good.

girls who put concealer on their mouths look like....

this to me. 0.0

this however...

totally cute because its not skin colored. it looks very natural. to me, nude lips is lips that don't have anything on them. or are toned down. not skin colored.

Yes, I was looking like that first picture and my husband kept looking at me and frowning and asking " You look really pale, are you feeling okay?" I like my lips, I don't want them to disappear when I put on lipstick. 

I'm one of those crazies who like that look! Something about the dark smokey eye paired with nude lips works for me.
I put concealer on my lips, regardless of the color going over it (90% of the time its red) but i dont know about wearing it alone.

I fully agree! The whole point is to try things that we might like and potentially buy in the future. And honestly, I get so many deluxe-sized samples and minis from subs and Sephora and what have you, that I don't even need full-sizes. I have too much stuff to use at this point to need a full-size anything, I'll never be able to use it all! My mascara count alone is at 12....  Also, have you tried Hard Candy's Glamoflague? It's seriously the best concealer ever! It's so insanely concentrated that it will last FOREVER, and for $6 that's pretty good. It's crazy pigmented and covers my dark circles under my eyes like nothing I have ever tried! It also covered a recent curling iron burn to the forehead like a pro!! I did try it on a small tattoo behind my ear (that's one of the main things it's marketed for, covering tattoos) and it did a pretty decent job!
I love glamoflauge. Its amazing! I use it under my BB cream and it covers everything.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm one of those crazies who like that look! Something about the dark smokey eye paired with nude lips works for me.

I put concealer on my lips, regardless of the color going over it (90% of the time its red) but i dont know about wearing it alone.
Are you using the concealer as a primer for the lipstick? 

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah. she just looks dead to me. but whatever floats your boat :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, i saw it in a tutorial a few years back and use it ever since. My top lip isn't symmetrical so it stops me from trying to follow my natural lip line.

Are you using the concealer as a primer for the lipstick? 

Back