(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the popcorn lip scrub from them and I love it. It would be great to see Lush in an upcoming Ipsy bag.
Is it popcorn scented/flavored?

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swear Ipsy should hire some of us #BESTBAGEVER
All of the subscription box companies should hire us as consultants.  #BESTBAGEVER indeed!

I swear Ipsy should hire some of us #BESTBAGEVER
Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All of the subscription box companies should hire us as consultants.  #BESTBAGEVER indeed!

Yes to this!  I would have a blast doing this!  People (not to toot my own horn) love the gift baskets I make up. 

I want this kind of job 
smilehappyyes.gif

Hopefully they come here and see what we have to say 
15.gif

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes to this!  I would have a blast doing this!  People (not to toot my own horn) love the gift baskets I make up. 

I want this kind of job 
smilehappyyes.gif

Hopefully they come here and see what we have to say 
15.gif
I wouldn't be surprised if at least their social media person (or people) checked out what we say on here.

Yay! I knew there would be an Ipsy April thread around here somewhere!

I've decided not to hope for anything specific in this month's bag.  It never works out.  Surprise me, Ipsy!  Although I totally loved the anchor bag from March and hope they keep going with printed bags.  

Originally Posted by southeastmidwes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could also get behind any of Lush's bathbombs or the Cupcake face mask being in the bag. Even if they were just a mini bathbomb and a small container of the face mask. *sigh* such grand dreams will only leave us sad pandas lol
I honestly don't think they would put one of their facemasks in the bag.  Those have to stay refrigerated and expire very very quickly.  I love the product but they are called "Fresh Face Masks" for a reason hehe.. They don't even ship them from the site.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its not really popcorn more of a salted caramel flavor, I really like it.

No spoiler to day so that means one of three things a) four items in the bag B) Will not be able to see all the spoilers before the end of the month c) Not going to show us all the spoilers -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not one of those excites me
icon_cry.gif

No spoiler to day so that means one of three things a) four items in the bag B) Will not be able to see all the spoilers before the end of the month c) Not going to show us all the spoilers -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not one of those excites me
icon_cry.gif
How do you figure? April isn't until next week. 

Love ipsy. I never really get too upset when I find something that isn't perfect for me, since I usually stash it away until I can use it. That being said, I wish ipsy would take some more risks in the products. I joined ipsy to try out new brands and products, even if I wouldn't use them. I think ipsy is in a bind---everyone wants make-up products (at least, that's what the Facebook mob always complains about) that they will use, are a decent size, etc. I can see why they sometimes use "safe" products that are kinda boring. 

That being said, here's what I would LOVE to see!

First off, I don't really care about the bags. They are cute and fun and all, but I'd rather ipsy save the money and get a semi-decent bag, and use the savings to get better/more products. 

• dry shampoo (they could do a small bottle like the bigsexyhair hairspray we got)
  • bath bomb or something similar (love your guys' idea of a lush product!)
  • butter nail polish. or essie. I adore these brands.
  • cuticle cream, like Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow or palettes 
  • A really pretty bronzer, now that it's kind of spring time
  • NARS lip products. I would just die if we got something like that. 
  • Finishing powder or setting spray. I always wanted to try some, but not sure if it's worth spending the money on
  • Eyelash serum. Seems to be a new "trend" that I would like to try
  • Lip Plumper. Something different besides the usual, standard gloss we get.
  • Any type of scrub. Lip scrub, body scrub, doesn't matter.
  • A really cool self-tanner lotion or spray. This would be so tricky, but if they could find one from a high end brand as a sample, I'd be in heaven. I hate tanning beds, but never have it in my to splurge on a really nice, high quality self-tanner. A sample spray bottle of something very nice would be interesting. Again, really hard to pull off.
  • A super blender brush. I can't think of any sub brand that's given one of these out.
  • Benefit's Liquid Benetint. YES.
  • Tarte cheek stain
  • Something like NYX's Shine Killer, or the like. Again, would be hard, as those with dry skin wouldn't get much use.
  • I really wouldn't mind something non-cosmetic. Like, a nice candle. Or a bath pillow. They could do an awesome pampering bag, with a bath bomb, some nice lotion, a face mask, and a yummy smelling candle. Wouldn't go over too well, but it would be something very unexpected and I wouldn't complain. I could see a lot of people unhappy with this, however.
  • Bliss's Fat Girl Six Pack. Very different and out there, but I kind of want to try it out!
  • On-the-go teeth whitener pen or gel. 
  • Anything Philosophy
  • A really nice cracked heel/foot lotion. It's almost sandal season!
  • Organix hair products are always awesome. 
  • High end hair mask, something from Fekkai or the like.
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Cream (totally thinking of myself here...I suffer from rosacea). They do have a whole line of Bye Bye products, with things for fine lines, blackheads, dark circles, etc. If only we could pick our treatment somehow!
  • The new Gilette and Olay Sugarberry Razor. Eyeing it up, but so expensive!!

I could go on and on. 

The challenge is finding things that people will like and use. And everyone has different likes and dislikes. I'm sure it's tough finding a product that is universally flattering. I wish ipsy would let us pick our top 2-3 colors on certain items (like the eyeshadows or lip glosses), that way they can ensure happy customers. 

All in all, I wish we had some more off-the-wall items! I want to try new things out!

icon_cry.gif
usually they spread the spoilers out over the last few days of one month -> first few days of the next.  I'm not expecting to see spoilers until thurs/fri at the earliest!

Because they don't post sneak peeks on the weekend and Monday is april 1st so we will already be billed by then

I seem to vaguely recall someone -- Zadidoll, maybe? -- saying that they're changing how they do spoilers because we get the bags all figured out within minutes of spoilers being posted. I would not be surprised to find out that they have decided to try *no* spoilers one of these months.

I would enjoy a setting spray. I want to try one but can't justify spending money on one just yet. Or a bright colored eyeliner pencil.

Because they don't post sneak peeks on the weekend and Monday is april 1st so we will already be billed by then
Ipsy typically doesn't charge me until the 2nd of each month.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to vaguely recall someone -- Zadidoll, maybe? -- saying that they're changing how they do spoilers because we get the bags all figured out within minutes of spoilers being posted. I would not be surprised to find out that they have decided to try *no* spoilers one of these months.
Today, ipsy responded to a post on Facebook saying to "stay tuned" for sneak peeks. I'm not giving up hope yet!

Originally Posted by devgess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love ipsy. I never really get too upset when I find something that isn't perfect for me, since I usually stash it away until I can use it. That being said, I wish ipsy would take some more risks in the products. I joined ipsy to try out new brands and products, even if I wouldn't use them. I think ipsy is in a bind---everyone wants make-up products (at least, that's what the Facebook mob always complains about) that they will use, are a decent size, etc. I can see why they sometimes use "safe" products that are kinda boring. 

That being said, here's what I would LOVE to see!

First off, I don't really care about the bags. They are cute and fun and all, but I'd rather ipsy save the money and get a semi-decent bag, and use the savings to get better/more products. 

• dry shampoo (they could do a small bottle like the bigsexyhair hairspray we got)
  • bath bomb or something similar (love your guys' idea of a lush product!)
  • butter nail polish. or essie. I adore these brands.
  • cuticle cream, like Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow or palettes 
  • A really pretty bronzer, now that it's kind of spring time
  • NARS lip products. I would just die if we got something like that. 
  • Finishing powder or setting spray. I always wanted to try some, but not sure if it's worth spending the money on
  • Eyelash serum. Seems to be a new "trend" that I would like to try
  • Lip Plumper. Something different besides the usual, standard gloss we get.
  • Any type of scrub. Lip scrub, body scrub, doesn't matter.
  • A really cool self-tanner lotion or spray. This would be so tricky, but if they could find one from a high end brand as a sample, I'd be in heaven. I hate tanning beds, but never have it in my to splurge on a really nice, high quality self-tanner. A sample spray bottle of something very nice would be interesting. Again, really hard to pull off.
  • A super blender brush. I can't think of any sub brand that's given one of these out.
  • Benefit's Liquid Benetint. YES.
  • Tarte cheek stain
  • Something like NYX's Shine Killer, or the like. Again, would be hard, as those with dry skin wouldn't get much use.
  • I really wouldn't mind something non-cosmetic. Like, a nice candle. Or a bath pillow. They could do an awesome pampering bag, with a bath bomb, some nice lotion, a face mask, and a yummy smelling candle. Wouldn't go over too well, but it would be something very unexpected and I wouldn't complain. I could see a lot of people unhappy with this, however.
  • Bliss's Fat Girl Six Pack. Very different and out there, but I kind of want to try it out!
  • On-the-go teeth whitener pen or gel. 
  • Anything Philosophy
  • A really nice cracked heel/foot lotion. It's almost sandal season!
  • Organix hair products are always awesome. 
  • High end hair mask, something from Fekkai or the like.
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Cream (totally thinking of myself here...I suffer from rosacea). They do have a whole line of Bye Bye products, with things for fine lines, blackheads, dark circles, etc. If only we could pick our treatment somehow!
  • The new Gilette and Olay Sugarberry Razor. Eyeing it up, but so expensive!!

I could go on and on. 

The challenge is finding things that people will like and use. And everyone has different likes and dislikes. I'm sure it's tough finding a product that is universally flattering. I wish ipsy would let us pick our top 2-3 colors on certain items (like the eyeshadows or lip glosses), that way they can ensure happy customers. 

All in all, I wish we had some more off-the-wall items! I want to try new things out!
These are all great ideas.

Originally Posted by devgess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like this...but sometimes I get stuff that is outside of my normal and end up loving it!  I used to never use brown eyeshadow, but ever since I got the NYX loose powder in a brown color - I have been using the color more.  

Back