*Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffanybella82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So excited!! I really hope we don't get another stinking gift code. This canvaspop gift code was a joke. I'm STILL trying to trade it. It just wasn't a good item IMHO. I hope there is an LE box.
You may be having difficulty trading the CanvasPop gift code because it was the same code on everyone's card and has been posted online. It's basically just a coupon code and not a unique gift code.

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone see this on Instagram?

This is MY movie theatre!! Tickets perhaps??? Can someone please post a screenshot of this for those of us who shockingly still do not subscribe to instagram? I may be the only one lol

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone see this on Instagram?

This is MY movie theatre!! Tickets perhaps??? Can someone please post a screenshot of this for those of us who shockingly still do not subscribe to instagram? I may be the only one lol

Let's see if I remember how to do this...

And the caption says:  "How would you like a #MustHaveBox with your movie? #hungergames"

Ugh I want to subscribe to this thread so bad!  But I ordered December's box as a gift for my sister and promised that we could open them together and that I would do my best to keep away from the spoilers... ::sigh:: So difficult!

I had really mixed feelings about gifting her with something that is basically a mystery, but she's opened my boxes with me before so I ended up asking her if she liked the idea and she was pretty excited
smile.gif
  If she hadn't been I'd have just figured out a different present.  And yes, I did the gift with the code for the necklaces - pretty excited about it!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let's see if I remember how to do this...

And the caption says:  "How would you like a #MustHaveBox with your movie? #hungergames"
Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, that is weird. Usually the boxes are sold out sooner. I'd say the price increase probably had a lot of people with month-to-month canceling.

And I have to agree that the PopCanvas GC was a joke. Not only was it a universal coupon code but you can't get anything on that site without spending at least another $14 in S&H and then it's just a small rolled canvas print. At least Stitch Fix let you have the experience of trying on some clothes (even if you ended up sending them all back).

White House Custom Color (I am not affiliated) sells a Fine Art 8x10 rolled canvas with free shipping for $32.50. Or a Traditional Lustre Canvas for $24.35. http://www.whcc.com/products/prints/canvas-prints#pricing

Otherwise I did love the November box and I'm hoping they make a really good effort for December's. 
Thanks for the info on similar printing canvas services. 

I am going to be an optimist and HOPE that the December box (which is the first real box since the price hike) will be a higher overall value. The November box was not too bad minus the Canvas Pop but the overall value was not increased. The price hike was on Nov 4th so really most people that got the November box received it at the price before the price hike. Here's hoping. 
vogel.gif

I'm confused that people think the price increase will equate to a higher valued box...did PS mention this somewhere??

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm confused that people think the price increase will equate to a higher valued box...did PS mention this somewhere??
All they said in the notice was "We're looking forward to continuing to improve our Must Have boxes with fun and exciting products each month!"

I guess you can interpret "improve" to mean "higher value", but I'm not holding my breath. I still think if the boxes are generally fitting your personality then they'll still be a good thing even at a slightly higher price. (And so far they've been hits with me.) 

I don't think they will be of higher value. Prices go up and this is their cost of living hike! I am overall very happy with the boxes and hope they continue on the same path minus the gift certificates!

I don't think they will be of higher value. Prices go up and this is their cost of living hike! I am overall very happy with the boxes and hope they continue on the same path minus the gift certificates!
This is exactly what I'm thinking, what benefit would it be to them to raise prices and the box value??? Unless they raised the prices and partially raised the box value so they were still coming out ahead and customers felt like they were getting something out of the price increase.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly what I'm thinking, what benefit would it be to them to raise prices and the box value??? Unless they raised the prices and partially raised the box value so they were still coming out ahead and customers felt like they were getting something out of the price increase.
That is what I would like, or improved shipping and quality control. It seems like some items arrive in bad condition regularly and PS has to send replacements. It's happened to me three times in less than 1 year, including the nail polish remover in November's box, which is a lot of customer service communication for me. Or they could improve their website...lots of things they could do with the extra bit of revenue to make the sub more worth it to people.

I think I remember reading somewhere that, oddly enough, Decembers box is still available. That was a few days ago, but not sure about now. If you go on the website, it should tell you what box you would be signing up for. Edit: I just checked and December is still available.

Does anyone know what I should do as far as reporting a bug? I'm unable to quote in a post for the last 2 days... Not sure why.

& remember if your buying a dec box as a gift use the promo code for the bauble bar necklace - I think the code is holiday- look over the past couple pages to confirm code.

I signed up last week for the December box. I am excited to get my first box and figured December would be as good a time to sign up as any. Also hoping the goodies will be extra good since it is the holiday season. So excited to join you ladies and hopefully we get some spoilers soon! PS happy turkey day
18.gif

Yup! I bought a one year subscription. With taxes included, it came out to be about $30 per box. 

Yup! I bought a one year subscription. With taxes included, it came out to be about $30 per box. 
I did to about $27 a box!!! Good deal! My husband for me for Christmas and so I I'll receive all year round!!!!! Yes!!!!

Latest posts

Back