(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yayay! Thanks Angi for starting October thread bec obviously we were already discussing those awesome polishes!! God forbid if I get lucky in October to enable myself to purchase 2 boxes. Honestly I do need 'em all !!! Well my birthday is in Dec. 4 days before x-mas. I will make sure to tell my friends and families that I want ALL Bondi polishes!!!

Not sure if these are all Oct colors, but Glitz & Glam, Haters Gonna Hate, and Cuff me would be my PERFECT box!

I am really loving these colors! The new box design is nice. Yea I can't wait to get my Sept and Oct boxes. Plus extra polishes with the discount code. All my lady friends and family are getting polish and some type of hand product for the holidays.

Updates! 
headphonedance.gif

Last month we got the email to choose colors on the 26th. I wonder if this means we'll be getting October's email this week.

I'm in love with "Like a Lady" and "Girl on Top". I hope LaL will not be thin and streaky, needing a pale pink cream with great coverage.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I totally agree with some of the other ladies who like the name "Hot Tomato" for the unnamed red polish.

I suggested the name Internal Combustion. It has some nice allusory potential, no? Or how about Infernal Combustion? A little different.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooooooooooo!  I need Glitz n Glam, Cuff Me, Girl on Top, & Haters Gonna Hate (& possibly even the nameless one/Hot Tomato/Hot and Reddy too..) like now!   Good job Bondi team!!  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the colors too...

Lily V, I typed Hot and Reddy and changed my mind! Great minds think alike, lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yayay! Thanks Angi for starting October thread bec obviously we were already discussing those awesome polishes!! God forbid if I get lucky in October to enable myself to purchase 2 boxes. Honestly I do need 'em all !!! Well my birthday is in Dec. 4 days before x-mas. I will make sure to tell my friends and families that I want ALL Bondi polishes!!!

That stinks having a December birthday! My mom, my nephew, my ex-SIL, all have/had Deceomber birthdays and you always get the short end of the stick, either on your birthday or at Christmas. Hope you get lucky in October!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I suggested the name Internal Combustion. It has some nice allusory potential, no? Or how about Infernal Combustion? A little different.

LOVE this, Monika!

Add my (screen) name to those voting for Hot Tomato!  I love that suggestion.  It's a little bit off-color (hah) for those who like that in a name, and everybody else can just think it's a toasty garden item.

Coffee hasn't kicked in...just now realized there was an October thread..."hi" everyone!  
smile.gif
  I don't post much, but I sit here and constantly read (stalk?) the threads.  

Anywho...add me to the list of those who love "Hot Tomato" for the shimmery red one or even "Hot and Ready (Red-y?...Reddy?)"...I'm a sucker for names like that.  

So, Richard (or any of you knowledgeable ladies), I know you're busy straightening out September's box, but are we getting close to being able to pick colors for October?  Or am I being impatient?

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That stinks having a December birthday! My mom, my nephew, my ex-SIL, all have/had Deceomber birthdays and you always get the short end of the stick, either on your birthday or at Christmas. Hope you get lucky in October!!!
Actually, I've been lucky. When I was 7 years old, I suffered that combination of gifts on Christmas/B-day. I told my mom that I will celebrate my b-day in February with my favorite cousin. I did that for about 3 or 4 years. After that, still was able to get gifts on separate occasions and still do now. Some have lucked out and some don't. I was actually supposed to be born on Christmas. My mom couldn't wait and arrived at the hospital and said,"I want this f**king baby out now!". She couldn't go to bathroom for nearly 2 weeks because I was sitting on top of her bowel movement.. Sorry for too much information.. I think it's kinda a cute story to tell.. Anyway, one of those things :) 
icon_redface.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Add my (screen) name to those voting for Hot Tomato!  I love that suggestion.  It's a little bit off-color (hah) for those who like that in a name, and everybody else can just think it's a toasty garden item.
Be careful; we are not allowed to promote MUT members to help to vote for you. It's against one of MUT's rules.

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Be careful; we are not allowed to promote MUT members to help to vote for you. It's against one of MUT's rules.
I'm the one who suggested "Hot Tomato" but don't think there's any kind of vote going on, and I'm certainly not trolling for votes if there is!  :)  I just threw the name out there for Richard to consider.

CUTE story, Lexxie! I said something equally off-color when I was having morning sickness at midnight! Let's just say I think your mother and I would get along!!! My son was due 22 years ago yesterday. He was born at 12:13am on the 28th.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm the one who suggested "Hot Tomato" but don't think there's any kind of vote going on, and I'm certainly not trolling for votes if there is!  :)  I just threw the name out there for Richard to consider.

No, there's no contest, but maybe there should be .... Richard? James? What do you think?

Looks like another two box month for me too! I'm loving the purple. It's my man's fave color and I'm sure he'll die when he hears the name of the polish I'm wearing for him;-). And Hot Tomato looks delish. I've been wearing my Bondis for weeks and love the staying power! I'm so hard on my hands and my manis last about 6 days....even with mucking stalls! I grabbed a non-Bondi (a brand I've always liked) Friday and it barely lasted 24 hours. And all I did was shower, yuck! I'll have a nice collection come the end of October. I was organizing my Bondi polish yesterday and I put them by shade. My four year old son (wearing Tavern on the on his toes!) says, "mom, look at the pretty rainbow!" Yes honey, its SO pretty!

Back