(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beach16sm ... like everyone has already said ... you are still a Bondi girl! Just a Bondi girl on a medical budget. My son just tore a ligament and had to have surgery .... I can't imagine how much pain he must be in ... nail polish supposedly survived the recession, but it is still one of our "pleasures" instead of needs.  Wishing you and your family healing thoughts ... hope you stick around to join in the chatter!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well....... that was awful :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I had to do the most difficult thing possible today.... cancel my Bondi sub.  As always, the customer service given to me was excellent. They were so kind and understanding about this but it still made me feel really bad. Last month, I had emailed Richard that I would need to skip because of my son being in a bike accident at college. I thought, I'd only have to skip a month and all would be fine afterwards with my son all recovered and back to normal. Now it's time for the next box and it turned out that my son's surgery ended up being more detailed since his Achilles tendon was 100% cut. Thankfully, he's back in college but I took him for his post surgery appointment last week and he still has about 5 more weeks before the Orthopedic will test him to see if he is able to walk and then start him on physical therapy. The bills are starting to show up and with the running back and forth from here to college is pulling hard at my "fun" budgest so this weekend, I had to force myself into making a list of things that I need to give up for awhile and sadly this was one of them... So dear friends here, I am officially no longer a Bondi girl :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Once you've purchased a nail polish, you're always a Bondi girl ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We're really sorry to see you go, medical bills take a priority. Thanks for being an awesome customer xoxo

Well, we've seen six colours, some of which will be in the October release. But I suspect we will have a few other colours to surprise us when we get out emails. From how many are we going to be trying to choose three, or six, or... Richard? Can we get a numeric hint?

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, we've seen six colours, some of which will be in the October release. But I suspect we will have a few other colours to surprise us when we get out emails. From how many are we going to be trying to choose three, or six, or... Richard? Can we get a numeric hint?

There will be five new colors to choose from. I just had it confirmed. I have bounced a few numbers around, but this is what our manufacturers have confirmed they are delivering to us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  updates

So a couple of things.

1) Take $5.00 off your first Bondi New York Box. Use the code OCTOBER at check out. 2) Are you a Canadian customer who cancelled or a Canadian who would like to subscribe? We're combating the hate campaign North of the border with a campaign for our Canadian friends. Check out our Facebook page for more info - facebook.com/bondinyc   Rest assured, our valued American and International customers will be rewarded with a promotion shortly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want Glitz & Glam, Cuff Me, and Girl on Top. And maybe Like a Lady.

Basically all of them? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want Glitz & Glam, Cuff Me, and Girl on Top. And maybe Like a Lady.

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Basically all of them? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm with you Lioness! If my history repeats, I will most likely end up with all of them too. 
biggrin.gif

Waah! I'm kicking myself for not checking facebook in a while - I totally missed the Chasing the Sun contest. I had avoided it given the crazies going on (and because you MUTers are so fantastic) but I guess I'm going to have to look at that more often. Going to have a thorough read now... be back, if I don't get too lost in that linked wilderness...

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Waah! I'm kicking myself for not checking facebook in a while - I totally missed the Chasing the Sun contest. I had avoided it given the crazies going on (and because you MUTers are so fantastic) but I guess I'm going to have to look at that more often. Going to have a thorough read now... be back, if I don't get too lost in that linked wilderness...

Monika1, we have a contest for City Slicker running right now. Go check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you awesome ladies and equally awesome Richard.......... for making me feel SO darn special!!! I "be" lovin' my Bondi family, lol ;-)   also thank you for all the quick recovery and well wishes for my son.  His accident was caused when he swerved his bike to avoid another student who stepped out in front of him, this in turn caused the bike chain to come loose and wrap around his leg and well, you can picture the rest..... Frankly, we've decided that this whole family should just stay away from any type of bikes even motorcycles. Last Wednesday (my son's accident was on a Wednesday also), we got the call that my husband's brother who lives up North had been in a wreck earlier that morning on his way to work. He was following a bit too close so when the truck in front of him stopped suddenly, he was thrown off of his motorcycle, breaking both arms with one of the arms being broken in multiple places, a broken leg and shattered knee cap. As soon as his surgeries are complete, he will have to live in a place for physical therapy for between 2 to 3 months. I didn't know that they had places to live in like that but it's probably because he doesn't have anyone to help him as much as he's going to need it. Doesn't seem like it but in so many ways, we're truly blessed........ With my son, some wonderful staff members stayed with him until he was transported to the hospital since we're about an hour and half driving time away. When we got there, he was almost ready to be discharged to come back home with us. With my brother-in-law.... we're lucky he's alive, the silly man wasn't wearing a helmet which shocks me because he's usually a very smart person but all common sense flew out the window that day!  Anyways, again thank you for making me feel welcome here while I'm in transition and able to start collecting my colors again! As I'm seeing.. there is some major league yummy eye candy in the form of new colors becoming available............

Quote: Originally Posted by NailsAndCurls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When is the selection window for October? I hope it hasn't been mentioned already otherwise I'll feel a little silly.
smile.gif

It has been mentioned, but no need to feel silly! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The selection will be available later this week.

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Monika1, we have a contest for City Slicker running right now. Go check it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks, I invited and was trying to comment and my 'Enter' doesn't seem to work on it! Yes now it's past 10am, but then it wasn't. (select characters) facebook doesn't tend to do what I want...

edit: I tried commenting on other things on the page and that didn't work either. Don't know what is up, as this works...

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't look it up in the Urban Dictionary ... I'm sure I would blush ....
icon_redface.gif
 what about Hot and Ready.....

Angi, we eased you in with Horny Mistress. Some of the suggestions I've been getting on email make me blush and that is VERY hard LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, there's no contest, but maybe there should be .... Richard? James? What do you think?

Angi great idea. I am loving TheSilverNail's suggestion. Maybe this will get used ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and I have to be honest and say that none of the new colors are really standing out to me yet. Either I have multiple dupes of the shades or they aren't my style. BUT I usually change my mind once I see swatches and such. I'm still on the hunt for a few specific shades though so I may skip and wait for November or December in hopes that a deep plum or oxblood shows up ;-)

Back