(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that "Keep Hating"?! 
wub.gif

Yup, but renamed "Haters Gonna Hate" LOL

I like the new name even better! That was my most wanted of the Glossygate colors! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about the other box? Love all the colors!!!

The left color is "Like a Lady" The middle color is "Glitz n Glam" and the right color is "Cuff Me" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about the other box? Love all the colors!!!

The left color is "Like a Lady" The middle color is "Glitz n Glam" and the right color is "Cuff Me" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll be ordering "Cuff Me" based on the name alone! lol

October is looking like another 2 box month... 
icon_redface.gif

Love the packaging, love the new colours (Girl On Top is amaaaazing!), and love what you did for us to compensate for the delay.

And Richard, I hope you don't think all Canadians are meanies, because I certainly am in your corner.  Cheers! 
beer.gif

I have commented on FB too, I just wanted to get my two cents on here: I cancelled my sub, I want to wait until all of this is sorted out, I can't deal with anymore anticipation and speculating about the boxes. I made sure to explain myself on the email I sent so I wasn't all like MAH MONEY PLZ, TNX, because I love this product and do plan to continue purchasing it. While I think it's great some of the ladies out here have a personal conection to the company and to Richard, I don't have one at all, because at the and of the day it's a company that I gave my money to for a product, nothing more. The excellent CS was a major plus, and I appreciate that, but to me it just comes down to "money didn´t equal product, so money comes back to me". I'm sure I'll miss some pretty colors, but like some of you have said, it's just nail polish and I can wait until all of this blows over to get it. Specially the FB drama, that escalated quickly and was totally unnecessary.

That being said, I will continue to enjoy the 7 Bondis I own, and will use Brick Road on my Simpsons mani coming up.

I'm all "Glitz 'n' Glam", but "Haters Gonna Hate"... so you might as well just "Cuff Me"!

Perfect box!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuciaValencia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have commented on FB too, I just wanted to get my two cents on here: I cancelled my sub, I want to wait until all of this is sorted out, I can't deal with anymore anticipation and speculating about the boxes. I made sure to explain myself on the email I sent so I wasn't all like MAH MONEY PLZ, TNX, because I love this product and do plan to continue purchasing it. While I think it's great some of the ladies out here have a personal conection to the company and to Richard, I don't have one at all, because at the and of the day it's a company that I gave my money to for a product, nothing more. The excellent CS was a major plus, and I appreciate that, but to me it just comes down to "money didn´t equal product, so money comes back to me". I'm sure I'll miss some pretty colors, but like some of you have said, it's just nail polish and I can wait until all of this blows over to get it. Specially the FB drama, that escalated quickly and was totally unnecessary.

That being said, I will continue to enjoy the 7 Bondis I own, and will use Brick Road on my Simpsons mani coming up.

I want to see that Simpsons mani! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love the packaging, love the new colours (Girl On Top is amaaaazing!), and love what you did for us to compensate for the delay.

And Richard, I hope you don't think all Canadians are meanies, because I certainly am in your corner.  Cheers! 
beer.gif

Hipster, I will say one thing, you guys definitely stick together LOL ...and no, I know you're not all meanies ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm all "Glitz 'n' Glam", but "Haters Gonna Hate"... so you might as well just "Cuff Me"!

Perfect box!

Perfect play on words!

Coming out of lurk mode. I signed up for September and while I was disappointed to hear it would be delayed, I'm glad it's because Bondi doesn't want to send out subpar product. I'm funemployed so $20 can be a splurge, though I'm happy spending it if the products deliver! I've only heard good things about Bondi's formula and I'm impressed they have high standards.

I'm friends with some small business owners and I've seen similar circumstances happen to them that I think happened on Bondi's fb page. I didn't see the posts myself, but judging from what has been written here, it all sounds very familiar. It's a difficult situation because it's so nice to have the personal experience Bondi and other small businesses deliver, but one misinterpreted or badly written post can set people off. I don't know what all was written and I'm guessing both parties made mistakes, but I can see that Richard, et al, are treating all missteps as ways to learn to improve their service.

A friend of mine who has a small business once had an argument with someone in a private group (under her personal fb account) because the person felt my friend was being rude. The whole thing escalated with other people jumping in, making false claims and claiming my friend was a bully. Through the power of social media and blogs, uninvolved people saw their side without knowing the full context and decided to boycott my friend's company. All of that over a dumb thread, which just shows how people can overreact when they feel a company owner is being rude to them. It's ridiculous and further proves to me how important it is to find both sides to every story, and CONTACT the company in question if there are any misgivings!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the box. I don't need the polish right away, and I'm treating the wait as just more time to grow out my nails to wear the polishes at their best.

Signed,

A less crazy Canadian

The far left purple is called "Girl on Top", the middle is currently nameless (we're working on that) and the far right is "Haters Gonna Hate" formerly "Keep Hating" from the Glossy Box collab.
Girl on top & cuff me...gotta have them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

12.gif
  Must have!!!!  I adore them all but that green!!! 
wub.gif
GIMMEE  THAT RIGHTNOWTHISMINUTE!!!!!!!!!!  Um, please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here's a sneak at some more colors which are going into production. One of them is in production and will be available for the October box. One of the colors is from the Glossy Gate drama of earlier this year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We (and more specifically I), take feedback really seriously. I can categorically say that we will be shipping with USPS and not moving to Smart Post.
Thank you SO MUCH for reconsidering and not using SmartPost (or, as I call it, DumbPost).  Further proof that you really do listen to us.

I like the new packaging.  Had no probs at all with the packaging I saw in my August boxes, but the new way looks even more secure.  Great job!

I love all of those colors! I especially love Haters Gonna Hate (That name is awesome!!) mostly because it looks like a shimmer, maybe little iridescent, version of Lady Liberty (which is my favorite!!)

Thanks for the sneak peek!

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also just pushed the skip button on my Julep account. These are gorgeous Richard! I love all 6 of these! MUST HOARD POLISH!
Yes, we must!  You never know when the Apolishcalypse will hit!!

Seriously, I'm loving Glitz 'n Glam and also the shimmery purple.  The others probably need to come to Mama as well.  Richard, for that third unnamed color, how about "Sexy Tomato" or "Hot Tomato"?  "Tomato" used to be a slang term in the 1930s for a luscious, sexy woman, and I know in Urban Dictionary it has another meaning.  ** wink wink **

These October shades are drool-inducing! And thank you a million times for giving USPS another chance. Speaking for myself only, please feel free to wag your finger and say "I told you so" if the next shipment doesn't go better. If you need to stagger shipments to avoid overwhelming the post office, please send mine in the last batch, as I'll get it the day after they process it anyway.

It's just crazy that whole internet mob mentality.  People who would never dream of saying the things they say and acting the way they act "in real life" are some batshit crazy witches when they start typing in that little box.  I really don't get it.  People are free to think I'm a horse's ass but I'm the same horse's ass online as I am if you were standing in front of me.  I've certainly had my witchy moments...case in point, my witchy little fit on the CVS facebook thread when they decided to be our babysitter and ID for nail polish remover.  Not one of my finer moments, certainly, but I would have said the exact same thing if the CEO was standing a foot away from me.

But for real...have  you ever seen the mommy bloggers descend on someone who pisses them off?  Scary stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyInfinitum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Coming out of lurk mode. I signed up for September and while I was disappointed to hear it would be delayed, I'm glad it's because Bondi doesn't want to send out subpar product. I'm funemployed so $20 can be a splurge, though I'm happy spending it if the products deliver! I've only heard good things about Bondi's formula and I'm impressed they have high standards.

I'm friends with some small business owners and I've seen similar circumstances happen to them that I think happened on Bondi's fb page. I didn't see the posts myself, but judging from what has been written here, it all sounds very familiar. It's a difficult situation because it's so nice to have the personal experience Bondi and other small businesses deliver, but one misinterpreted or badly written post can set people off. I don't know what all was written and I'm guessing both parties made mistakes, but I can see that Richard, et al, are treating all missteps as ways to learn to improve their service.

A friend of mine who has a small business once had an argument with someone in a private group (under her personal fb account) because the person felt my friend was being rude. The whole thing escalated with other people jumping in, making false claims and claiming my friend was a bully. Through the power of social media and blogs, uninvolved people saw their side without knowing the full context and decided to boycott my friend's company. All of that over a dumb thread, which just shows how people can overreact when they feel a company owner is being rude to them. It's ridiculous and further proves to me how important it is to find both sides to every story, and CONTACT the company in question if there are any misgivings!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the box. I don't need the polish right away, and I'm treating the wait as just more time to grow out my nails to wear the polishes at their best.

Signed,

A less crazy Canadian

Yes, we must!  You never know when the Apolishcalypse will hit!! Seriously, I'm loving Glitz 'n Glam and also the shimmery purple.  The others probably need to come to Mama as well.  Richard, for that third unnamed color, how about "Sexy Tomato" or "Hot Tomato"?  "Tomato" used to be a slang term in the 1930s for a luscious, sexy woman, and I know in Urban Dictionary it has another meaning.  ** wink wink **
Hot Tomato is an excellent name for that color for all the reasons you stated. I love it!

Rofl. You remind me of my mother in law, who happens to be a Donna, as well. I truly value her opinion because I know she's telling me the truth. It is so important to have people like you in the world!

Latest posts

Back