(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here's a sneak at some more colors which are going into production. One of them is in production and will be available for the October box. One of the colors is from the Glossy Gate drama of earlier this year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*faints* I think I will need two boxes next month.

The far left purple is called "Girl on Top", the middle is currently nameless (we're working on that) and the far right is "Haters Gonna Hate" formerly "Keep Hating" from the Glossy Box collab.

I've been siting here trying to come up with names I would call it lol. On my display, it looks like an orange with golden or yellow shimmer (Sorry if I'm off). So I'm thinking "Fiery Spirit" or "Fiery Attitude" because it reminds me of fire and goes along with the names of the other two polishes. It also reminded me of lava. And now it reminds me of nacho cheese Doritos because I'm hungry lol

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, we must!  You never know when the Apolishcalypse will hit!!

Seriously, I'm loving Glitz 'n Glam and also the shimmery purple.  The others probably need to come to Mama as well.  Richard, for that third unnamed color, how about "Sexy Tomato" or "Hot Tomato"?  "Tomato" used to be a slang term in the 1930s for a luscious, sexy woman, and I know in Urban Dictionary it has another meaning.  ** wink wink **

I just looked up Hot Tomato on Urban Dictionary....and wow lol. That fits the color lol

So here is a preview of the revised packaging that we are coming out with. A couple of things to point out, the polishes are going to be moved down to make way for the beauty gift to fit at the top and there will be a square sheet of branded Bondi tissue over the top of the polishes.   What do you think?  
Ok so I was just checking this out cuz I want a polish sub. I work with packaging engineers all the time and bravo to this! Looks great!

Hi greatbleuheron, absolutely! It is a die-cut cardboard insert that fits into a jewel box with an outer wrap around shipping box. All recyclable. I'm waiting to hear back from our vendor if we can get it made from recycled material. It uses less packaging, takes 1/3rd the time to pack (think faster shipping) and in our tests not one polish was broken :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We (and more specifically I), take feedback really seriously. I can categorically say that we will be shipping with USPS and not moving to Smart Post.
My 2 favorite words!
biggrin.gif

trekkersangel, you're the first to spot that these are three NEW colors! Available with the October subscription box (we have another three under wraps!).

It's called "Glitz n Glam" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
YAY I am way beyond excited at the thought of another color like Central Park Blossom.  Looks really similar. I have to say that was probably one of my favorite nudes ever EVER but the formula was so god-awful I will never use it again.  Actually all 3 of these colors are super beautiful! 

Here's a sneak at some more colors which are going into production. One of them is in production and will be available for the October box. One of the colors is from the Glossy Gate drama of earlier this year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gotta say, the Sept. colors were just OK to me, but these sneak peaks definitely mean I will need 2 (or more) boxes for October.  I'm ready to pick my first 3 now LOL.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Rofl. You remind me of my mother in law, who happens to be a Donna, as well. I truly value her opinion because I know she's telling me the truth. It is so important to have people like you in the world!

Let's hope so.  I tend to piss people off.  I wasn't born with a filter and it occasionally gets me into trouble and doesn't often make friends for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a quick pic to show you ladies how amazing Lady Liberty looks underneath Butter London's Knackered. Usually I can't wait more than 2 or 3 days to take off my polish and try something new, but this one I want to leave on forever! (My first pic a fly landed on my finger to check out my polish. I was going to leave it, but I didn't want to gross anyone out. lol)

Love that combo!

I just looked up Hot Tomato on Urban Dictionary....and wow lol. That fits the color lol
I've learned so many colorful terms from Bondi. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Let's hope so.  I tend to piss people off.  I wasn't born with a filter and it occasionally gets me into trouble and doesn't often make friends for me.
I bet the friends that stick around are pretty amazing!

Love that combo!
Thank you! I was sad to take it off!
That is so me. Usually I use it to stick up for people who can't or won't stick up for themselves. Gets me in trouble sometimes, bu when I believe in someone or something, I'm not gonna back down.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've learned so many colorful terms from Bondi.
smile.gif

"I'm Vers" made me chuckle when I realized what it was slang for... hahaha

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello there! I'm finally coming out of lurker status. :) Just wanted to voice my support for Rich and the Bondi team - I'm a new subscriber, but have bought some other polishes off of the website, and am definitely a fan! Sh*t happens, but you're getting through it, and I'm sticking around, too!

I'm also very glad to hear that Bondi's reconsidering the move to SmartPost. I wanted to share a great example of USPS vs SmartPost... I live in the northwestern part of Virginia, and I had a recent REI order ship out in 2 packages on Thursday. One package was coming from REI's Pennsylvania warehouse via SmartPost, and another package came from Seattle via Priority Mail. The Seattle package arrived today, while the SmartPost package is still "In Transit" from Martinsburg, WV to my local post office. Based on recent packages, I do think that USPS is picking up their package game, especially with the recent included insurance/better tracking, too.
Welcome!

So here is a preview of the revised packaging that we are coming out with. A couple of things to point out, the polishes are going to be moved down to make way for the beauty gift to fit at the top and there will be a square sheet of branded Bondi tissue over the top of the polishes.

What do you think?  
Love the new packaging and the new colors!

I'm in love!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about the other box? Love all the colors!!!

The left color is "Like a Lady" The middle color is "Glitz n Glam" and the right color is "Cuff Me" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll be ordering "Cuff Me" based on the name alone! lol

October is looking like another 2 box month... 
icon_redface.gif

iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyInfinitum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Coming out of lurk mode. I signed up for September and while I was disappointed to hear it would be delayed, I'm glad it's because Bondi doesn't want to send out subpar product. I'm funemployed so $20 can be a splurge, though I'm happy spending it if the products deliver! I've only heard good things about Bondi's formula and I'm impressed they have high standards.

I'm friends with some small business owners and I've seen similar circumstances happen to them that I think happened on Bondi's fb page. I didn't see the posts myself, but judging from what has been written here, it all sounds very familiar. It's a difficult situation because it's so nice to have the personal experience Bondi and other small businesses deliver, but one misinterpreted or badly written post can set people off. I don't know what all was written and I'm guessing both parties made mistakes, but I can see that Richard, et al, are treating all missteps as ways to learn to improve their service.

A friend of mine who has a small business once had an argument with someone in a private group (under her personal fb account) because the person felt my friend was being rude. The whole thing escalated with other people jumping in, making false claims and claiming my friend was a bully. Through the power of social media and blogs, uninvolved people saw their side without knowing the full context and decided to boycott my friend's company. All of that over a dumb thread, which just shows how people can overreact when they feel a company owner is being rude to them. It's ridiculous and further proves to me how important it is to find both sides to every story, and CONTACT the company in question if there are any misgivings!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the box. I don't need the polish right away, and I'm treating the wait as just more time to grow out my nails to wear the polishes at their best.

Signed,

A less crazy Canadian

Welcome!

WHAT HAVE I MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the purple I requested in one of these boxes....... WooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love the new packaging and the new colors!

I'm in love!

Welcome!

So here is a preview of the revised packaging that we are coming out with. A couple of things to point out, the polishes are going to be moved down to make way for the beauty gift to fit at the top and there will be a square sheet of branded Bondi tissue over the top of the polishes.

What do you think?  
Very pretty Richard! I'm just catching up here, a bit. Loving the middle berry tone and looking forward to playing with it!

But I'm kind of hoping Richard, that I will not be getting six or eight of these in October with whatever I end up ordering from the October selection.
icon_redface.gif
I'm still hoping for some, um, "consolidation of packages," so I don't seem quite as crazy in the eyes of... DH
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. Consolidation is really good, right?

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you think?  
Very pretty Richard! I'm just catching up here, a bit. Loving the middle berry tone and looking forward to playing with it!

But I'm kind of hoping Richard, that I will not be getting six or eight of these in October with whatever I end up ordering from the October selection.
icon_redface.gif
I'm still hoping for some, um, "consolidation of packages," so I don't seem quite as crazy in the eyes of... DH
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. Consolidation is really good, right?

Lmao I feel the same way, specially since the hubby gets the mail most of the time and he is always like why so many packages?

Latest posts

Back