(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG !!!!!! I am in LOVE !!! I have to have this box !! Counting the days my lovely little bottles of polish ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's a sneak at some more colors which are going into production. One of them is in production and will be available for the October box. One of the colors is from the Glossy Gate drama of earlier this year ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We're different in the respect that I wouldn't even think to call them to "cheer them up."  They make a product.  I will buy the product.  They're not my bff.  Sorry, call to cheer them up is just a little...no, a lot...odd to me.

Donna, I am just going back and reading posts to find out what all I have missed. I'm sorry for you that you thinking cheering a person up is a lot odd. Bondi is a small company composed of a few PEOPLE who have FEELINGS and are not just a money-making business model. Richard is a GEM for talking to us on MuT and I appreciate that more than he and his team will ever know.

I don't agree with people being so nasty.  I will say, though, that I've seen people lose their minds on Ipsy, Glossybox and Birch Box just as badly.  They don't engage the jerks.  I seriously believe Richard and company didn't do themselves or their company any favours by engaging and "fighting back."  It's just not professional.  I understand that as a store owner of a small company, it's hard not to take things personally but it's not professional to engage.  I'm actually a little put off by that.  I'll still buy the polish and I'm cool with the wait because I'm happy to support a small company and I understand that stuff happens in any new venture and I'm sure it will be worked out.  If it isn't, I'll drop the sub...as simple as that and I'll go with no ill feelings.  

I sincerely hope they stop engaging though because I'm seeing them not as a professional company I'm buying products from but as a person whose feelings got hurt and got into a witchslap with his customers.  I still remember the Pantyfly dude and even though I didn't buy that sub, in the end, I thought that dude was batshit crazy and that doesn't engender an awful lot of faith in a small company.  I'm not at that point >yet< and I'm really, really hoping I don't get there.

I like the polish and I like what the company stands for.  Unlike a lot of the ladies here, I don't have personal feelings about the owner/employees.  That's why I said what I said.  I really did find it odd  but I didn't realise it was all in fun and just joking.  I really did not mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did.  Tact is not my strong suit and even at 50, I still haven't learned to just shut up and keep my opinions to myself.

Thanks for your explanation, Donna ... I have no "personal" feelings for Richard and team other than thinking he is a great business owner and trying to get off to a great start, therefore appreciating (maybe even needing) a verbal show of support. My fingers sometimes type faster than my thoughts, but I do adore BONDI and am proud to call myself a fangirl. I also buy earrings from the Nevalee & Jewel from M. Arnett Designs on Faebook ... not just because I think I need earrings, but because I want to support a small, growing talent that works hard to produce a product that others will LOVE. Do I converse with M. (Megan) in a friendly manner online? Yes! And I will continue to do so with her and with Richard and James and Chris and everyone else at Bondi that drops in our little corner of the net-o-sphere.

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi greatbleuheron, absolutely! It is a die-cut cardboard insert that fits into a jewel box with an outer wrap around shipping box. All recyclable. I'm waiting to hear back from our vendor if we can get it made from recycled material. It uses less packaging, takes 1/3rd the time to pack (think faster shipping) and in our tests not one polish was broken :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We (and more specifically I), take feedback really seriously. I can categorically say that we will be shipping with USPS and not moving to Smart Post.

YEA!!!!!! (And I really do love you, just in a retailer-satisfied customer type of way). LOL! Thanks for listening to us crazy bunch of ladies!

The people at bondi honestly seem different than the other people at beauty boxes they seem more involved with the customer which is great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   That's why some of us are so understanding too.

I just have to say that I am a "fan girl" of Bondi because it is by FAR the greatest formulation of polish for me. I work 2 jobs and do not have time to paint my nails Mon-Fri. (Which I hate because I love changing up my mani regularly! But alas...) I have been painting my nails every Sunday with Bondi colors for the past few weeks and it LASTS! I have never had another brand of polish with the ability to do that, and I own polish from every brand under the sun. I know not everyone has had the same luck with the polish, but for me this makes me a huge fan of Bondi. I also do really appreciate Richard and the Bondi team's honesty and availability!!! I just wanted to share why I am such a huge Bondi supporter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Was there a sneak peek of the beauty product this month yet?  I've been following this thread for a while and don't think I saw one. 

Well, I'm "caught" up, so to speak. I can't begin to write about what all I am feeling right now. Richard, thanks for taking my suggestion to show us a sneak peek of what's to come ... I love the purple "Girl on Top" with a PASSION, but know that I will also love all the other colors, too. The new packaging is great and looks like it will feel really elegant! I think I will go work on my mani while I think about all that has been said this week.

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyInfinitum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Coming out of lurk mode. I signed up for September and while I was disappointed to hear it would be delayed, I'm glad it's because Bondi doesn't want to send out subpar product. I'm funemployed so $20 can be a splurge, though I'm happy spending it if the products deliver! I've only heard good things about Bondi's formula and I'm impressed they have high standards.

I'm friends with some small business owners and I've seen similar circumstances happen to them that I think happened on Bondi's fb page. I didn't see the posts myself, but judging from what has been written here, it all sounds very familiar. It's a difficult situation because it's so nice to have the personal experience Bondi and other small businesses deliver, but one misinterpreted or badly written post can set people off. I don't know what all was written and I'm guessing both parties made mistakes, but I can see that Richard, et al, are treating all missteps as ways to learn to improve their service.

A friend of mine who has a small business once had an argument with someone in a private group (under her personal fb account) because the person felt my friend was being rude. The whole thing escalated with other people jumping in, making false claims and claiming my friend was a bully. Through the power of social media and blogs, uninvolved people saw their side without knowing the full context and decided to boycott my friend's company. All of that over a dumb thread, which just shows how people can overreact when they feel a company owner is being rude to them. It's ridiculous and further proves to me how important it is to find both sides to every story, and CONTACT the company in question if there are any misgivings!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the box. I don't need the polish right away, and I'm treating the wait as just more time to grow out my nails to wear the polishes at their best.

Signed,

A less crazy Canadian

Hey "A less crazy Canadian", thanks for this post. Thanks for those words of support and for putting the experience into context. Firstly, as a Brit, I would have thought there would be some understanding and solidarity from a commonwealth country, but I learned that Canadians are very loyal to each other this week! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We took a hit this week from Canadians canceling en mass. It's disappointing that one individual who my team professionally handled and finally I took an exception to, could impact our Canadian business so much. It's par for the course and makes my team and I more determined to put out amazing quality boxes. As a side note, our subs are up this week so I guess all press is good press?   I have given my mea culpa in earlier posts. Absolutely this situation could have been handled better. As I just explained over on our fan page, it's easy when hiding behind a screen to say what perhaps you would not normally say to a person when in front of them.   Bondi is very much an extension of my personality as Chris Benz is to his fashion label or Richard Branson is to the Virgin Group. As we open our retail locations you will see my personality stamped all over the locations, from design, to the neurotic attention to service, to the staff that work them. This is very different to Target or Walmart who would never entertain commenting on a fracas on their fan page.   As much as I actively engage with awesome customers like you, I am sure to have an opinion when I can see that a customer is only interested in causing trouble. That's something that is not so common in business and I recognize that some customers will be uneasy with that, and that's fine. It's not arrogance, it's simply me saying "hey guys, I'm heavily invested in this business and I won't accept it being misrepresented". If you said that you were disappointed with the formula, or one of my team gave you bad service, I'm totally there for you! Heck like last month when USPS let us down, I owned that as your contract is with me, not USPS and I replaced boxes, offered compensation etc.   What caused this flare up frustrated me. A customer who was a first time subscriber, who we offered compensation or the opportunity to cancel. I refunded them as requested and they continued to attack the brand without facts.   Anyways, when all is said and done, customers like yourself have my full attention and that's what my team and I are here for. We always want to hear your feedback, the good and the bad. We genuinely use that feedback to improve the business, the brand and the service that we offer.   Rich xoxo

It's beautiful right? I keep trying to talk my Creative Officer into allowing me to offer future colors that are not out yet as a competition prize LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you SO MUCH for reconsidering and not using SmartPost (or, as I call it, DumbPost).  Further proof that you really do listen to us.

I like the new packaging.  Had no probs at all with the packaging I saw in my August boxes, but the new way looks even more secure.  Great job!

Thank you! This packaging will show it's face in the next couple of months. The two main features are that it is less packaging and will allow us to fulfill orders faster (around 3 minutes per package) - yes we're OCD and obsess over things like that LOL

Hey, Richard, I'm half-Canadian, does that help?  I happily promote your polish on my blog to people of all nationalities, plus I really must say (although I'm prejudiced) that I think Canadians in general are some of the most polite people on the planet.  Seriously, last time I was up there I swear I could have run over Canadians with my car and they would have been the ones apologizing.  Keep marketing to Canadians, please!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, we must!  You never know when the Apolishcalypse will hit!!

Seriously, I'm loving Glitz 'n Glam and also the shimmery purple.  The others probably need to come to Mama as well.  Richard, for that third unnamed color, how about "Sexy Tomato" or "Hot Tomato"?  "Tomato" used to be a slang term in the 1930s for a luscious, sexy woman, and I know in Urban Dictionary it has another meaning.  ** wink wink **

OMG! I LOVE that name, you know how we like to play on words!

LOL YES. I. HAVE! I have a friend who was maulled by them one time!

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG! I LOVE that name, you know how we like to play on words!
I do, and rest assured, I love good puns as well !  Actually I like bad puns too.  ;-)

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been siting here trying to come up with names I would call it lol. On my display, it looks like an orange with golden or yellow shimmer (Sorry if I'm off). So I'm thinking "Fiery Spirit" or "Fiery Attitude" because it reminds me of fire and goes along with the names of the other two polishes. It also reminded me of lava. And now it reminds me of nacho cheese Doritos because I'm hungry lol

Mmmmm Doritos. OK so you're REALLY not helping with the diet that I have not yet started LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok so I was just checking this out cuz I want a polish sub. I work with packaging engineers all the time and bravo to this! Looks great!

Thank you QueenJane. It's amazing what you can achieve on the back of a bar napkin over a few vodkas with a packaging company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My 2 favorite words!
biggrin.gif

YAY I am way beyond excited at the thought of another color like Central Park Blossom.  Looks really similar. I have to say that was probably one of my favorite nudes ever EVER but the formula was so god-awful I will never use it again.  Actually all 3 of these colors are super beautiful! 

Lolo22, if you could see how much of that color I have left. I NOW know what TJMaxx and Marshalls sell nail polish - it's the stuff that does not sell! I pulled our manufacturer up on the formula. I can tell you that that pink is much thicker than CPB!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've learned so many colorful terms from Bondi.
smile.gif

I bet the friends that stick around are pretty amazing!

jessicalriley, nothing but an education and drama from Bondi ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  "I'm Vers" made me chuckle when I realized what it was slang for... hahaha

My bad, I was INSISTENT we named it that! LOL

Back