(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by itsoliviaaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WAIT! I just put 2 & 2 together. YOU'RE Evolution of a Foodie?!?
Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat, 3 of the things in the 100% mystery box are things that are actually on my wishlist. The Moisture Mask trio, lip primer, & what looks like the shade Candace. That doesn't tempt me to pay $25 for a box I only see myself using 3 things from though. & the sample items just scream cheapness to me. I subscribed to Julep, not Birchbox!
Haha yes I am 
smile.gif

Thanks so much for the spoilers @Kelly Silva - when the box came out a couple days ago I was debating between Kimberly and Emerson (liked them both A LOT but can only get one box). I was too late for the codes to work so I said I would sit on it and wait for spoilers and I'm so glad I did. Getting Emerson now as that box is rad (and I'll only have one dupe - Yumi, but my Yumi is pretty dry and goopy so I'll probably just chuck it and replace it with this fresh one).

Quote: Originally Posted by Margo Julianna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks so much for the spoilers @Kelly Silva - when the box came out a couple days ago I was debating between Kimberly and Emerson (liked them both A LOT but can only get one box). I was too late for the codes to work so I said I would sit on it and wait for spoilers and I'm so glad I did. Getting Emerson now as that box is rad (and I'll only have one dupe - Yumi, but my Yumi is pretty dry and goopy so I'll probably just chuck it and replace it with this fresh one).
I'm glad I passed and I won't be ordering. As much as I want the speckled polishes I can find dupes of both for the price of one mystery box. I am a little irked that the 100% mystery full retail value is less than $100. By my math I valued it as only $86.66 for full non-Maven pricing. At least there weren't dupe colors across boxes though.

Quote: Originally Posted by LethalLesal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm painting my nails with the Billie Jean right now, and holy moly it's taking forever to try and it's super thick.  I had read some people have trouble with their polishes.  This isn't the best first impression for me!

ETA:  I'm using a base coat and thin layers.  I can understand needing a thinner, but not for a brand new polish that they charge this much for! 

Hmmm...  I haven't used mine in a while.  I'll check it out tonight.  I do recall it having a pretty long drying time, but i chalked that up to the formula with it being kind of a rubberized matte finish.  

Got the first of my *ahem* three *ahem* super store orders today! In this one I received the Mighty-Might tee with mighty nail serum, the bracelet and nail polish duo, and an add-on of Glenn (plus some extra items I bought for a birthday gift for my sis-in-law).

I ended up getting TWO t-shirts and TWO nail serums. I read a while back someone else got two of the tees but not sure if she also got two serums? That is great for me but bad for Julep if they are just willy nilly shipping out extra items to everyone! Did anyone else get doubles in their order? The t-shirt is pretty big so I'm hoping it shrinks a bit, but it's cute anyway! And I loooove the bracelet
wub.gif

I am once again glad that I waited for spoilers before getting a mystery box. Although these boxes look better than the last couple of boxes. I should be receiving my Secret Store order tomorrow!

Got the first of my *ahem* three *ahem* super store orders today! In this one I received the Mighty-Might tee with mighty nail serum, the bracelet and nail polish duo, and an add-on of Glenn (plus some extra items I bought for a birthday gift for my sis-in-law). I ended up getting TWO t-shirts and TWO nail serums. I read a while back someone else got two of the tees but not sure if she also got two serums? That is great for me but bad for Julep if they are just willy nilly shipping out extra items to everyone! Did anyone else get doubles in their order? The t-shirt is pretty big so I'm hoping it shrinks a bit, but it's cute anyway! And I loooove the bracelet :love:
Yeah, I got two t shirts and three serums (because the GWP also came with a serum). I chuckled when Julep sent out a buy one get one free for the mighty serum this morning. I have enough for the rest of the decade at this point.

Also I'm glad the t shirt was big. I only had leggings to wear today and it fit like a tunic. It has a pretty deep v neck though. And I could have sworn an elderly woman sitting near me at the local Meineke said something to me about being pregnant (I'm not). But otherwise it was very comfortable. : P

I feel like I'm the only person who has Flora and hasn't tried it yet! Lol I painted my niece's nails with it the day I got it, but I think tonight is the night for mine to give it a try!

Quote: Originally Posted by lorez88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like I'm the only person who has Flora and hasn't tried it yet! Lol I painted my niece's nails with it the day I got it, but I think tonight is the night for mine to give it a try!
I think it's gorgeous but haven't tried it yet either. 

Quote: Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I got two t shirts and three serums (because the GWP also came with a serum). I chuckled when Julep sent out a buy one get one free for the mighty serum this morning. I have enough for the rest of the decade at this point.
I'd love to buy one of those tshirts off you. If you're willing to sell one. 

Use a good base coat and two regular coats should do it.  It does hav a semi-matte finish so I threw some topcoat on to make it pop.

I have it and haven't tried it yet either.  I have Felicia (the speckle) on, and it will not chip!  Put it on Saturday & it still looks great.  Pretty impressive and I didn't even use a top coat.

Quote:Originally Posted by redjill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I chuckled at that also! I have one that I'm still using from my welcome box, and then got one with the GWP, and now two from the secret store order. I will never run out!

I dont think I can express how disappointed I am in my mystery box.  The mystery FOUR nail polish colors are so hideous to me.  And so NOT SPRINGY!  I'm probably going to write them an email but I doubt they'll do anything about it.

I also got Blank Canvas Plumping Lip Primer and a Lip Shine.  I like those.

And a Nails mask and a sample of glycolic scrub.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think I can express how disappointed I am in my mystery box.  The mystery FOUR nail polish colors are so hideous to me.  And so NOT SPRINGY!  I'm probably going to write them an email but I doubt they'll do anything about it.
In fact, I think I got the same sparkle pumpkin orange gold whatever the last 2 "mystery" boxes and well as some god awful blue thing.  I don't know. I threw it in a drawer both times out of sheer embarrassment.  I cannot believe I can be duped so easily. I'm never ordering from these people again.

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In fact, I think I got the same sparkle pumpkin orange gold whatever the last 2 "mystery" boxes and well as some god awful blue thing.  I don't know. I threw it in a drawer both times out of sheer embarrassment.  I cannot believe I can be duped so easily. I'm never ordering from these people again.

Well, I'm glad its not just me!!  Im a little surprised by how grumpy I got over it.  But REALLY!!  DON'T say its a SPRING box and then send awful fall colors!!  It's false advertising, imo!  I bought something that was NOT what was advertised.  No one on earth is going to say those are spring colors.  /sigh

I feel like calling my credit card company and reversing the charge.  Ugh.  Yes, I know, I know.  It's a *mystery* box.  But this wasn't just a mystery box, it was a *Spring* mystery box.  I have to stop thinking about it and just remember to never, ever buy anything from them again.  

Hmm... I *do* live in Seattle.  I could drive over there and tell them to trade my polishes now or else :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Spring Mystery Box Add On Spoilers

Regular Add On $14.99 (Those are mini Freedom Polymer Top Coats)

Major Mystery Add On $18.99

Latest posts

Back