(Spoilers) KLUTCHclub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do plan on staying with this one, but will probably do another 3 or maybe even 6 month subscription when my current 3 month sub ends.

Oh and did I say I love my April box??

Well I REALLY love it. I will use everything and I am especially looking forward to the Shea Terra Organics Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Wash--> 'Microdermabrasion in a bottle'
wink.gif

I got my April box too, so sweet of them! My june one is here, but its at my apartment office and they closed before I got home. I looooove them, but I canceled because I really can't justify it. I will probably re-sign up if I see the July box is awesome. 

The July box is up. And looking at the Jne box picture, its way better than June. I will receive that one tomorrow. 

http://www.klutchclub.com/what-you-get-in-july-2/

Looks pretty good to me. I am interested in about 90% of the products. And I want to see what the Nia workout is all about. 

KC_Box_July_Flat_Med_cropped.jpg

Mighty Leaf
Three packs of Mighty Leaf, delicious handcrafted tea blends from around the world.

Molecule R
A natural emulsifier that allows liquids to transform into foam, making your sauces light, voluminous, and incredibly flavorful.

1st Step Pro-Wellness/ High Performance Fitness
A natural liquid Vitamin B-12 supplement helping to combat chronic fatigue, regulate metabolic pathways, and maintain the central nervous system.

Truvia
A low-calorie sweetener made from the Stevia Leaf that is the perfect alternative to sugar.

Nia
A movement practice that draws from martial arts, dance arts, and healing arts. Nia has created a customized class for KLUTCHclub members and their guests this month, worth over $50!

Zoye
A healthy vegetable oil low in saturated fat, and rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3 and 6.

Mineral Hygenics
This makeup contains four ingredients and is 100% all natural, allowing your skin breathe in hot summer months. Included is a $15 gift certificate with no purchase restrictions!

Breton
Gourmet shortbread cookies made with just four natural ingredients. This 100-year old recipe comes from France and can be the perfect, delicious finish to a summer party.

Cascal
At 60-80 calories per can, Cascal is a great substitute for sugary soda. This natural soft drink is crafted with natural juices and fermented for fuller flavor.

I like that they show whats in next month's box, so that you can keep the monthly sub and just skip whenever you want to. Like Julep. 

Does anyone have it monthly now? If so, when do they charge you? 

lol gonna have to reactivate, that july box looks fantastic. They charged me on the 19th this month. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol gonna have to reactivate, that july box looks fantastic. They charged me on the 19th this month. 
Perfect, thanks! 

Ok, I finally got to look through my june box...I'm disappointed. The "giftcard" we got is for $25, nothing on that sight is under 50, not to mention the clothes they sell only go up to a size 10. So that is useless to me, the OG sacks are 60+ dollars, and I don't need another bag at least not for 30 dollars. The other samples were miniscule. I guess I won't be restarting my sub. 

I agree the June box totally sucked. So far I have only liked April. But July looks good so I am looking forward to that box.

My step- mom gave me the 2 boxes they've sent her in the past 2 weeks since I've been staying with her. I think there's something way WRONG with this subscription.

WHY the huge box? WHY all the random colorful pieces of paper that want us to buy other things not even in the box?

And I totally agree about the $25 off coupon. I went to the Yoga wear website, and a plain tank top was almost $50!! Who are they kidding with those prices? I felt insulted that this was the " value added " item.

Did anyone think the size of the 1 by 1 inch soap was generous? What about the half a pinkie finger sized Yu-Be moisturizer? I tried the nutrition bar, and gagged. So, I got a small bag of soy nut mix. The two boxes weer identical. Since I spent most of my time on the sofa or in bed healing, I have plenty of time to  go over these boxes and see what is really there vs. what it looks like on first sight.

This is just my personal, unbiased prediction, but I think Klutchclub is mostly smoke and mirrors. I do not think they provide value for the money, and for a company which stresses health, wellness, and nutrition, and natural products, they waste a huge amount of natural resources on colorful printed paper this and that, and their huge box is way too large for the meager contents within.

The thing is, that the huge box was necessary for April and May. I liked those boxes and felt they were a good value, but June was just awful. 

Hi everyone! We wanted to thank you for your incredible feedback on this message board and we have learned a lot from your valuable opinions. We have taken your feedback into account to provide you all with fuller, more valuable boxes in the future (shout out to yanelib27 for posting our July photo!). Our July and August boxes will each include 9 products! We'd also like to offer you all a 50% off redemption code ("GETHAPPY") to use before August 31 on any 1 month membership. We look forward to sending you our July box, which we know you will love! If you have any other questions please contact us at [email protected].

I recently started subscribing to sample boxes... so far 12.... including Klutchclub... Yes it's a lot... but i blame all of you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ...    haha.. j/k    i bought the daily candy deal.  But i bought it after reading reviews here and read that May and June boxes were dissappointing.. But saw that Julys looked promising.... i checked to see the July box.    The deal did not indicate what month it will be sending out... but the deals name was "KlutchClub - Wellness and beauty products delivered monthly" i assumed it would be for July....   Well... I receieved a shipping notice for 2 packages on 7/1..  So i was worried that they might have sent out 2 by mistake so I called  and the rep explained that the deal i bought was for MAY and JUNE boxes!!   So I said.. thats very disappointing.. I thought I was getting July's box.. I bought the deal cuz I liked the July's box. and she told me that if I like the 2 boxes I purchased.. I can purchase the subscription for July....      Sigh....       I really wanted to like you Klutchclub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently started subscribing to sample boxes... so far 12.... including Klutchclub... Yes it's a lot... but i blame all of you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ...    haha.. j/k    i bought the daily candy deal.  But i bought it after reading reviews here and read that May and June boxes were dissappointing.. But saw that Julys looked promising.... i checked to see the July box.    The deal did not indicate what month it will be sending out... but the deals name was "KlutchClub - Wellness and beauty products delivered monthly" i assumed it would be for July....   Well... I receieved a shipping notice for 2 packages on 7/1..  So i was worried that they might have sent out 2 by mistake so I called  and the rep explained that the deal i bought was for MAY and JUNE boxes!!   So I said.. thats very disappointing.. I thought I was getting July's box.. I bought the deal cuz I liked the July's box. and she told me that if I like the 2 boxes I purchased.. I can purchase the subscription for July....      Sigh....       I really wanted to like you Klutchclub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
IMO, only a very inexperienced person in the marketplace could possibly be happy with Klutchclub. Or a person being paid to promote the box. I am so sorry that you are joining the ranks of the disappointed and now un-subscribed, but mostly, I applaud your common sense!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The owner has emailed my step mother NUMEROUS times trying to get her to accept yet another free box.. The come- ons are INCREDIBLY deceptive. I have time to look at the website and see what's in the boxes,and my step mom doesn't have time to deal with Julie ( the CEO) and her emails..

IMO, KlutchClub is the biggest rip off still in business. Meaning  that Klutch puts about $5.00 worth of an energy bar and some other token item like coconut water in the box, and the rest is a huge empty box filled with shredded paper, leaflets for other items. Also, a Yoga download has NO value, since they are on the Internet in the public domain for free.

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMO, only a very inexperienced person in the marketplace could possibly be happy with Klutchclub. Or a person being paid to promote the box. I am so sorry that you are joining the ranks of the disappointed and now un-subscribed, but mostly, I applaud your common sense!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The owner has emailed my step mother NUMEROUS times trying to get her to accept yet another free box.. The come- ons are INCREDIBLY deceptive. I have time to look at the website and see what's in the boxes,and my step mom doesn't have time to deal with Julie ( the CEO) and her emails..

IMO, KlutchClub is the biggest rip off still in business. Meaning  that Klutch puts about $5.00 worth of an energy bar and some other token item like coconut water in the box, and the rest is a huge empty box filled with shredded paper, leaflets for other items. Also, a Yoga download has NO value, since they are on the Internet in the public domain for free.
LOLS, I guess that I am an "inexperienced person in the marketplace" since I was happy with my may box. I did enjoy it very much, actually. I had to cancel it though because I'm already spending a lot of money on other things. I guess that I also don't have common sense since I myself didn't want to unsubscribe but I needed to because it was unnecessary at the moment. LOLS 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOLS, I guess that I am an "inexperienced person in the marketplace" since I was happy with my may box. I did enjoy it very much, actually. I had to cancel it though because I'm already spending a lot of money on other things. I guess that I also don't have common sense since I myself didn't want to unsubscribe but I needed to because it was unnecessary at the moment. LOLS 
biggrin.gif
Honey, I've seen your posts, you're hardly an inexperienced shopper haha. However, it's very easy to forget (for all of us) that our needs aren't necessarily EVERYone's needs. MyGlam is a great example: HelloLeilani and Fairest of All simply adore it, but a lot of people are totally "meh" about it. I happen to love Birchbox, yet many here don't, etc. etc.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honey, I've seen your posts, you're hardly an inexperienced shopper haha. However, it's very easy to forget (for all of us) that our needs aren't necessarily EVERYone's needs. MyGlam is a great example: HelloLeilani and Fairest of All simply adore it, but a lot of people are totally "meh" about it. I happen to love Birchbox, yet many here don't, etc. etc.
i definitely agree with this 100%.. i do have to keep that in mind! thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
The point was that IMO ( and in the opinions of a lot of people who have cancelled with KC) is that   Klutchblub lies and misleads people month after month. People who do not have time to see what they promise vs what is actually delivered MIGHT NOT catch the differences for a few months.

Yes, I think it is an extremely poor value, and I think Julie is extremely disingenuous to keep promoting a very poor product which is not all that cheap, as you pointed out.

Buying into deceptive marketing practices month after month is the sign of someone who is either very busy or very naive. This is a general statement, and NOTHING I posted was aimed at you, because I don't even know you.

I hope you understand the difference between a generalized statement about perceived poor value and misrepresentation of same, and whatever you choose to do.

You really would probably like Conscious Box a lot more than that KlutchClub thing though. Conscious Box is chock full of great things.

Oh, and this is not a paid endorsement for Conscious Box. I will never do that.

Thanks, and I am sorry you chose to make this personal,

Laura

Just to give my two cents, I have tried conscious box and I think they are comparable. Some months they send crap and some they hit it out of the park. klutchclub is a better value than conscious box is most of the time.

I also got the Daily Candy deal and am a little disappointed, but the boxes look nice and they extended the gift cards/coupons so they can still be used. I received conscious box for two months and wasn't impressed. I got more usable items and a better value (to me) when I had Eco emi. But I know others love conscious box. It's just a matter of what you like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I probably won't subscribe to klutchclub but I will enjoy the boxes I get

Back