(Spoilers) November Birchbox 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's here, including my photo of the contents pulled out of their little doors!  I really wish more companies would do these.  It's really, *really* cool.  The sizes are fantastic, too.  I'm not really a Christmas person, but I *am* a "hey, look, neat little things to tuck away and pull out as a pick-me-up one at a time when I get overstressed at work!" person.
I bought this for my niece for Christmas and it is huge. I am really impressed with it and I might need to pick up another for other gifting purposes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a whole thread dedicated to it! Can't link cause I'm on my phone, but if you search "Benefit Advent Calendar" it should come up
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's here, including my photo of the contents pulled out of their little doors!  I really wish more companies would do these.  It's really, *really* cool.  The sizes are fantastic, too.  I'm not really a Christmas person, but I *am* a "hey, look, neat little things to tuck away and pull out as a pick-me-up one at a time when I get overstressed at work!" person.
Thanks, I'm gonna check it out now! I wish more companies would do this. Such a neat idea. Anyone know if there are more like this out there?

Quote: Originally Posted by rouxroux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, I'm gonna check it out now! I wish more companies would do this. Such a neat idea. Anyone know if there are more like this out there?
The only other US beauty advent calendar that we know about so far is the Ciate nail polish one.  There have been others in the UK and Canada in the past, but I'm not sure whether they will be available this year or if they can be shipped to the US.

Anyone see this by Benefit? It's 24 mini items packaged in an advent calendar. Ahhhh so cute! Wonder if BB would do something like this for the holidays or as a special box. They could put their "TOP 24" in it. Nov is the perfect time. It's selling at sephora and ulta for $68.
Ummm... Ok this is officially the cutest thing EVER!!! I love benefit. This will be mine!

**Updates!** 1st post.... Been lurking :bandit: for about 3 or 4 months now (as long as I have been subscribed to Birchbox) I hope to be a positive addition to MUT :beer: Comment November updates!

Quote: Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

**Updates!**

1st post.... Been lurking
bandit.gif
for about 3 or 4 months now (as long as I have been subscribed to Birchbox) I hope to be a positive addition to MUT
beer.gif

Comment November updates!
Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join in on our obsession! Once I joined I just couldn't leave hahahah. 
flowers.gif

I just went through my box history on my main account: lip and hair products five months in a row! Wacky. One month was a shampoo/body wash combo, not just hair only, but, still, one intended use was hair. I'm getting my hair colored next weekend, and I updated my profile to reflect that, so I wonder whether I'll get something for that next month.

I just followed the link and read about the Tango Body Butter... 

vanilla and orange blossom sounds divine! 
I really hope I get to sample it.

Hey Ladies, new here as well, after seeing this i want midnight tango, sounds so good. Ill be disappointed if it's not in my november box

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join in on our obsession! Once I joined I just couldn't leave hahahah.  :flowers:
Dammit, that was supposed to say "come on November updates!" Not "comment November updates" **Lame** Ha ha thanks! I figured once I realized I was checking MUT a couple times a day (sometimes more) I kind of owed it to MUT to register.

I changed my profile to say no hair products, and i am kind of scared!

i love hair products, but i've gotten too many shampoo/conditioners. I guess i will have to see how this box goes! Also, i think I am going to go spoiler free until it arrives! My first year of BB, i used to be so nonchalant about it, and would always be surprised when it was BB delivery time. Lately, as life has gotten harder- its a nice thing to look forward too. 

Quote: Originally Posted by natashaia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I changed my profile to say no hair products, and i am kind of scared!

i love hair products, but i've gotten too many shampoo/conditioners. I guess i will have to see how this box goes! Also, i think I am going to go spoiler free until it arrives! My first year of BB, i used to be so nonchalant about it, and would always be surprised when it was BB delivery time. Lately, as life has gotten harder- its a nice thing to look forward too. 
don't get your hopes up, there literally isn't an option for "no hair products." i have on my profile that i don't do anything to my hair and i've still gotten a hair product every month for the past year.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess they want you to do something to your hair lol.
Tell me about it. That's a sign if I've ever seen one! Bahahha. Maybe one day I'll finally get something that doesn't a) make my hair greasier than it already is, and B) make my hair flat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just followed the link and read about the Tango Body Butter... 

vanilla and orange blossom sounds divine! 
I really hope I get to sample it.

mmmm i want this!!!!

I changed my profile to say no hair products, and i am kind of scared! i love hair products, but i've gotten too many shampoo/conditioners. I guess i will have to see how this box goes! Also, i think I am going to go spoiler free until it arrives! My first year of BB, i used to be so nonchalant about it, and would always be surprised when it was BB delivery time. Lately, as life has gotten harder- its a nice thing to look forward too. 
don't get your hopes up, there literally isn't an option for "no hair products." i have on my profile that i don't do anything to my hair and i've still gotten a hair product every month for the past year.
I saw this on YouTube yesterday as well--a girl who insisted she chose "No Hair Products" on her Birchbox profile. I think she also said she chose "No Body Care". She was not happy. Each of my boxes have contained at least 1 haircare item and 1 skincare item since the change in how detailed the profiles are.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same thing (now I have it marked that my hair is color-treated because that's happening next weekend), and I haven't received something for my hair *every* month, but I do get something for it most months.  I didn't realize just how often I get hair stuff until last night when I went back and counted:  In the past year on my main account, the only month when I have *not* received something has been November. But!  I do get things that are in line with how I deal with my hair:  Conditioner, shampoo, masques, serum/oil, hairbands/clips, leave-in conditioner (it's also a heat protectant, but it *can* be used even if you don't use heat on your hair).  No hair spray and no styling products, neither of which I will use.  Nothing that is strictly a heat protectant.  One dry shampoo, but it's not the volumizing dry shampoo that leaves my hair sticky, so I do like that one.  They do at least seem to recognize that sending a styling product to me is pointless because I'll never use it, let alone buy it, so it's better for them if they send that sort of thing to someone else.  I could do without the masques for a while, but that's just because I have a ton of them that I'm trying to work through.

(Now watch me get hair spray and styling gel for the next year since the profile doesn't say anything about *styling*, just air dry vs blow dry, and they do have a lot of styling products that can be used even if you don't use heat on your hair.)

(Also, it doesn't say "no hair products."  It says "I can never have too many..."  So far, it looks like that hasn't meant anything other than the fact that they sent out Wanderlust nail polishes a second time to people who had the never-too-many-nail-polishes box checked, although I have makeup checked there, and I've received five lip colors and an eyeliner since May.  Huh.  Actually, even before the new profile, now that I'm looking at my boxes, I received a color item more often than not.  Out of thirty boxes, it looks like only three of them have not had a color/shimmer item.  Lots of lip gloss/stick and nail polish coming my way, even when it's not a color I will wear.  My boxes tend to be a makeup item, a face item, a hair item of the non-styling/hold persuasion, and either a body item or a fragrance, plus one or two more other things.  No wonder I'm so happy with my boxes:  I get a nice balance, and even if I don't like most of it, there's usually at least one thing in there that I would consider worth three and a half bucks, which is what this box effectively costs me after points since this is an annual sub.)

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw this on YouTube yesterday as well--a girl who insisted she chose "No Hair Products" on her Birchbox profile. I think she also said she chose "No Body Care". She was not happy.

Each of my boxes have contained at least 1 haircare item and 1 skincare item since the change in how detailed the profiles are.
I think people don't get that not selecting certain items doesn't preclude you from getting them. Sigh. hahaha.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(Also, it doesn't say "no hair products."  It says "I can never have too many..."  So far, it looks like that hasn't meant anything other than the fact that they sent out Wanderlust nail polishes a second time to people who had the never-too-many-nail-polishes box checked, although I have makeup checked there, and I've received five lip colors and an eyeliner since May.  Huh.  Actually, even before the new profile, now that I'm looking at my boxes, I received a color item more often than not.  Out of thirty boxes, it looks like only three of them have not had a color/shimmer item.  Lots of lip gloss/stick and nail polish coming my way, even when it's not a color I will wear.  My boxes tend to be a makeup item, a face item, a hair item of the non-styling/hold persuasion, and either a body item or a fragrance, plus one or two more other things.  No wonder I'm so happy with my boxes:  I get a nice balance, and even if I don't like most of it, there's usually at least one thing in there that I would consider worth three and a half bucks, which is what this box effectively costs me after points since this is an annual sub.)

I've found that the months that I get a "well-rounded" box I'm most happy, even if I don't like some of the products. Because at least I can *feel* like I'm trying a variety of things when there is a nice spread of types of products. Whereas the months that I got 2-3 hair products in my box, I felt like I was being really restricted in what I was trying.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think people don't get that not selecting certain items doesn't preclude you from getting them. Sigh. hahaha.
Yeah, I think all it means is that you might not get them six months in a row (my past six months, not including the nail polishes everyone received:  eyeliner, lip gloss stick, lipstick, liquid lipstick, lip gloss, another lip gloss.  But I *do* have makeup checked, so it's not a surprise.  It *is* getting boring to get lip stuff over and over, but maybe blush will be in next month's box for a change.  I've only received that twice in two and a half years, and the last time was in January).

Back