(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious what this 'posting for updates' is about. I get my updates just by subscribing to the thread.

Just curious what this 'posting for updates' is about. I get my updates just by subscribing to the thread.
I can't get that to work when I'm using my phone. Even if the subscribe box is checked, unless I actually post in the thread, the mobile version doesn't show it under my subscriptions.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't get that to work when I'm using my phone. Even if the subscribe box is checked, unless I actually post in the thread, the mobile version doesn't show it under my subscriptions.
Hmmmmm...I think I must do this differently than most people I just have https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23639/subscription-sampling-programs bookmarked on my computer screen or iPad, then I go to my bookmark every time I want to check MUT. That way I don't miss new posts and I can see all the threads that are updated (those that I've commented on are a different color obviously so I can keep track of that that way), but I don't "subscribe" to anything...

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmmm...I think I must do this differently than most people I just have https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23639/subscription-sampling-programs bookmarked on my computer screen or iPad, then I go to my bookmark every time I want to check MUT. That way I don't miss new posts and I can see all the threads that are updated (those that I've commented on are a different color obviously so I can keep track of that that way), but I don't "subscribe" to anything...
The desktop and mobile versions are very different.  When I use my phone, I use the mobile version.  When I comment on something in the mobile version, it adds that thread to a Subscriptions menu button thing.  It pulls up *all* threads I've posted in, regardless of where on the forum it was, so I have Julep, Little Black Bag, Birchbox, Subscription & Sampling Programs, and every other group all mixed together on one page.  I don't have to go to each different group to see the newest posts in each.  

And then (again on my phone) I somehow found a spot where it will show me all new posts on the whole forum, regardless of group or whether I've posted in the thread or not.  I have both of them bookmarked:  The Subscriptions page so I can see just the stuff I've already posted in and the overall New Posts page when I want to see a thread I haven't posted in yet.  The threads I've posted in have a star next to the topic, and the ones I haven't posted in have a dot.

(If you want to see the difference, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page and click "Mobile."  It took me a while to get used to it, but I do find it easier to read navigate around using that format when I'm using my phone.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The desktop and mobile versions are very different.  When I use my phone, I use the mobile version.  When I comment on something in the mobile version, it adds that thread to a Subscriptions menu button thing.  It pulls up *all* threads I've posted in, regardless of where on the forum it was, so I have Julep, Little Black Bag, Birchbox, Subscription & Sampling Programs, and every other group all mixed together on one page.  I don't have to go to each different group to see the newest posts in each.  

And then (again on my phone) I somehow found a spot where it will show me all new posts on the whole forum, regardless of group or whether I've posted in the thread or not.  I have both of them bookmarked:  The Subscriptions page so I can see just the stuff I've already posted in and the overall New Posts page when I want to see a thread I haven't posted in yet.  The threads I've posted in have a star next to the topic, and the ones I haven't posted in have a dot.

(If you want to see the difference, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page and click "Mobile."  It took me a while to get used to it, but I do find it easier to read navigate around using that format when I'm using my phone.)
I use the mobile version too, a lot, and the subscribe button is on the right side of screen. It brings a drop down menu with the option to subscribe.

I also get a daily digest sorta email, so I just add a new sub by clicking on the active threads.  

Guess that makes sense though, your way does sound more efficient. I'll have to try and maneuver this site better. It would be nice if we can teach the mobile users by putting a spoiler instruction at the top of the every page (maybe a banner perhaps) to lessen the need to "white" out spoilers. That would be nice not having to go back to a comp just to decipher sometimes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really hope for some sort of emerald or mint accessory. I've seen a lot of those around this season.

I really hope for some sort of emerald or mint accessory. I've seen a lot of those around this season.
I would love a pack of hair clips like the Jane Tran patterned ones that Birchbox sells (no ridges!) except in solid shades of green!

i would be so stoked if I got the Marc Jacobs neoprene laptop computer case, but I doubt they would include this due to the fact that not everyone's laptops are the same size 

Originally Posted by Kyleyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks for the code... any others out there?
I haven't tried these codes out so I can't vouch for them but I saw this posted on twitter

Popsugar Must Have box (URL shortener removed) Use code SAVE5PSMH for $5 off 1 month use code GET$10 for $10 off 3 months & use code GET$25 for $25 off 6-months

I'll pass on the umbrella. Seasonsbox already did that in their March box, which I received today. I would love candels and hair clips. But I want sunglasses most of all!

I wouldn't mind an umbrella, I always seem to lose mine! I would love to receive a candle
I would love a candle! I have a lot of umbrellas but they aren't very nice, just cheap ones I throw in the car in case. A nice umbrella wouldn't be too bad - April showers right?

Back