[SPOILERS] POPSUGAR Must Have March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today ... 

I'm just not as excited about this month.... I've been finding positives each month and I do like some of the items. I think the necklace is nice and I got polish colors I'll definitely use (red and kind of coral) I'm sure I'll use the delicate wash and I'll share the Peeps with coworkers. I'll also use the mascara. So, things I'll use definitely. But the wash, the sweater saver and fashion tape aren't really 'must haves' for me. I also don't drink, so the Corkatoo I guess will just be decoration. lol Anyway, I decided to cancel and try out FabFitFun. (Next month's PS will probably be amazing now lol) It's cheaper in the long run and I find that with PS I just start accumulating more 'stuff' that I don't have places for. lol I'm also thinking of trying out Birchbox so I can still get fun makeup items to try each month. I think I'd miss having something to look forward to every month! lol

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow...that looks different than the necklace I received. I had three little dangly chains that made up the tassel. That one looks much fuller.
Mine has five chains. But you're right .... the one on the site looks like it has much more! 

Mine has five chains. But you're right .... the one on the site looks like it has much more! 
Wacky: That catalog photo definitely looks like it has more, but if you look at the bottom New Products photo, that one looks like five.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKellyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wacky: That catalog photo definitely looks like it has more, but if you look at the bottom New Products photo, that one looks like five.

Maybe they change it midway through - remember the brokedown wrap? In the photo there was a ribbon tie but ours didn't have ribbons?

I received my box yesterday, I received

the Corkatoo in red, The Delicates Wash, and the polish in Navy and Creme.  
I have to say, I'm pretty Meh on this one. Nothing was bad, necessarily, but if I think about what I would have gone out and spent $35 on, I'm not sure I got enough glee from the box showing up at my door to be worth it. 

This is only my second box, I'm debating if I want to give it a try for a third month or cut it and try something new. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got a red corkatoo and the delicate wash, and my polishes were two reds: a cream and a shimmer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also got my box of extra goodies for whining to them last month about Hanky Panky.

Sadly, I only kept one item in the box - the mascara. I tried it out today and LOVE it. Even my co-workers noticed how nice it was. I didn't find last month's box too useful either, so I'm waiting to see next month's stuff.

Did they tell you that you were getting extras? I just got offered to have the items replaced.... I would rather have gotten different items altogether. Oh well.

I finally got my box yesterday! This and last month's have been my favorites. I hope they keep it up! I won't have much use for the corkatoo but it's super cute and one of those things you need every once in awhile but always forget to buy. Same goes for the sweater saver and fashion tape. I really LOVE the necklace. I don't usually wear gold, but it's very on trend right now as is the tassel design. I also like the laundry soap. I'm betting you can use it on anything, especially the wool/cashmere and delicates wash. It's just a gentler formula. The mascara I will use although I prefer Benefit Badgal. The peeps are classic easter and it seems like there is something I am forgetting. Anyway... I give it an A for the month! Edit: Forgot the nail polish. I got orange and yellow which I probably won't use, but I know why they sent them. Neons are huge for spring! One of my teenage cousins will love them!

How are you guys wearing the necklace?  I am trying to figure out what outfits it should go with.

I'm wearing it with black leggings, black tunic, sky high heels & cuff from PS luxury box

I'm wearing mine tomorrow with skinny jeans, a black blousy button down and Tory Burch flats which have a gold medallion.

Apparently the delicates wash was sent with me in mind.   I'd just gotten back with a maxi dress from the tailors (shortened) to wear on the trip i'm leaving for this Sat, and  set the dress on the bed to go grab my suitcase. Came back to fold them, and they were soaked in kitty pee. I was livid. Neither of my guys have ever peed on anything before, but my boyfriend just got back from his work trip and i'm guessing someone was telling us they were annoyed.  I was SO mad. Fortunately I got to it quick enough it didn't soak anything other than my dress.  

It's now in the sink, saturated with delicate wash, and the cats are banned from the bedroom until we figure out who it was and why.   I'm SOO aggravated, but it was pretty handy to be able to use it on my otherwise dry clean only dress. 

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently the delicates wash was sent with me in mind.   I just gotten back with a maxi dress from the tailors (shortened) to wear on the trip i'm leaving for this Sat, and  set the dress on the bed to go grab my suitcase. Came back to fold them, and they were soaked in kitty pee. I was livid. Neither of my guys have ever peed on anything before, but my boyfriend just got back from his work trip and i'm guessing someone was telling us they were annoyed.  I was SO mad. Fortunately I got to it quick enough it didn't soak anything other than my dress.  

It's now in the sink, saturated with delicate wash, and the cats are banned from the bedroom until we figure out who it was and why.   I'm SOO aggravated, but it was pretty handy to be able to use it on my otherwise dry clean only dress. 
Oooh, that's generally a sign of crystals in the urine. We have a boy who is now on a special food for life because he kept getting them. The vet said that they will associate the litterbox with pain and keep holding it until they just can't anymore and then pee explosion wherever they happen to be. With Twitch, that usually was a basket of laundry.  We have to keep him isolated to one room too because he can't seem to find the litterbox if he's allowed to roam free. If he stays in my daughter's room he's fine and will use the litterbox in there.

I hope this is a case of annoyance, but you may want to get your kitties checked to make sure.

Has anyone else tried to use the Sephora code?  Although it doesn't say this on the card, it requires a minimum of a $25 purchase.  The card says "with any online purchase."  Annoying.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone else tried to use the Sephora code?  Although it doesn't say this on the card, it requires a minimum of a $25 purchase.  The card says "with any online purchase."  Annoying.
You're right...I was also annoyed. Until I realized that I never spend less than $25 at Sephora anyway. 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, that's generally a sign of crystals in the urine. We have a boy who is now on a special food for life because he kept getting them. The vet said that they will associate the litterbox with pain and keep holding it until they just can't anymore and then pee explosion wherever they happen to be. With Twitch, that usually was a basket of laundry.  We have to keep him isolated to one room too because he can't seem to find the litterbox if he's allowed to roam free. If he stays in my daughter's room he's fine and will use the litterbox in there.

I hope this is a case of annoyance, but you may want to get your kitties checked to make sure.
I've got a kitty with the same problem.  He would go on my bed, since that's where he spends most of his time anyway.  Found out he's got a sensitive urinary tract and needs to eat an RX diet and haven't had any problems since.  Except the food makes him really hungry, I think they add something to it to make it more appealing and if he wolfs it down too much he'll puke, usually on my bed as well.  My linens get washed so much I need to replace my duvet cover because it's worn thin and tearing.  #Catowningprobs

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was annoyed by this, too. I did use the Hollywood Fashion Secrets one, though, and it applies the discount after the shipping is added so I thought that was nice. It saved me a couple extra dollars at least, haha.

Latest posts

Back