[SPOILERS] POPSUGAR Must Have March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think it is weird that there wasn't a must have entertainment item in this box? Also, does anyone know if there is a subscription service that sends books every month? 

I find washing sweaters incredibly entertaining! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Got my box today and I'm happy with the items. Some seem iffy like the orange and yellow polish but i will try it all and see how it goes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box and remained spoiler free until then so happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love everything in it by the necklace which is going on my trade list.  (Sidebar: does anyone know how to link to your tradelist in your signature? I can't even figure out how to edit my signature).

Otherwise... I got the nailpolishes in dark blue and cream.  Wine opener in green.  Would've preferred pink as always but such is life. Wash in delicates which is just fine by me.

Very exciting month, quite happy with this sub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by emilytaylor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone think it is weird that there wasn't a must have entertainment item in this box? Also, does anyone know if there is a subscription service that sends books every month? 
There wasn't a fitness item either. Come to think of it, I think they skipped tech this month as well. Usually they can't cover all the categories, but that indicates that we'll get something from at least one category (particularly fitness since we didn't get a fitness item last month) for April. I'm sure there are others, but I know Powell's does one called Indiespensable.

Another great box. Feels like Christmas every month! Who needs a birthday anyway?? 
wizard.gif

Denim Wash, CorkaToo in Pink, and polish in Anarchy (black and red) 
heart.gif

Just received my box. It was such as surprise since I was told it wouldn't ship until the 15th! I received the corkscrew in blue and delicate wash. I got the nail polish in periwinkle and green- not my colors so definitely going on my trade list. Overall I'm very pleased with my first box!

Here's another blog that calculated costs of the March Box: 

http://lovesitl.blogspot.com/

I'm still waiting to get mine, It populated that I'd get it Wednesday over the weekend and I was hoping I'd get it sooner, but no luck yet 
scared.gif
..guess I'm stuck waiting until Wednesday

I got my box and it is better in person for me, I think. It usually is.

I got the corkatoo in red (love!), the wash in wool and cashmere (which is what I wanted), and the nail colors in ugly blue and cream. Two outta three ain't bad!

Got my box today. It's ok. I forgot to cancel in time so that's why I got this month's box. I'm definitely cancelling for next month. I've been more pleased than other people it seems, but it's too hit and miss for me to continue at such a high price. I got:

The corkatoo in blue - It's so cute! I think this is my favorite item
The soap in wool & cashmere - Kinda pissed since I don't own anything at all that's cashmere and I own only one wool item. I wanted it in denim or preferably in delicate. If anyone wants to trade PM me! (I live in northern VA)
I don't understand why the necklace is so long. Also I don't wear yellow gold, nor do my friends.
The sweater block might get used. My roommate already said she'd like it if I don't want it.

The polish I got in a silvery blue (or is it purple? I can't tell) and green
Peeps are always yum. Fashion tape might be handy for my shirts that wanna show everything off in the wrong ways.

I hadn't even thought of contacting her for exchanging the necklace.  Keep us posted please!

Originally Posted by SammieHammie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today. It's ok. I forgot to cancel in time so that's why I got this month's box. I'm definitely cancelling for next month. I've been more pleased than other people it seems, but it's too hit and miss for me to continue at such a high price. I got:

The corkatoo in blue - It's so cute! I think this is my favorite item

The soap in wool & cashmere - Kinda pissed since I don't own anything at all that's cashmere and I own only one wool item. I wanted it in denim or preferably in delicate. If anyone wants to trade PM me! (I live in northern VA)

I don't understand why the necklace is so long. Also I don't wear yellow gold, nor do my friends.

The sweater block might get used. My roommate already said she'd like it if I don't want it.

The polish I got in a silvery blue (or is it purple? I can't tell) and green

Peeps are always yum. Fashion tape might be handy for my shirts that wanna show everything off in the wrong ways.
Long necklaces in general and long tassel necklaces in particular are an accessories trend for this spring/summer.  They're giving you a jump start (since it's technically still winter) on having an on-trend item.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but the limited edition is up on their site - theme is summer fun - price is $100

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but the limited edition is up on their site - theme is summer fun - price is $100
Bleh, going to pass on this one. I would have paid $50-60 tops for it, but after seeing the luxury box I definitely wouldn't get it for that much :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box, too. I was really considering cancelling - like Sammie said, I've been too "meh" about boxes overall for such a high price - but I think this box roped me in for at least one more month. Largely due to the variations I got on some of the items, though. I got...

The sweater block - I actually have one of these already, and it works great, but fair warning - it sheds tiny black particles ALL OVER the place! They're easy to clean up but really annoying.

[SIZE=1em]The corkatoo in blue - I have this exact type of cork/bottle opener in a plain grey, and it's always nice to have a spare[/SIZE]

Denim soap - so pleased! Absurdly so. The wool and cashmere variation would've really disappointed me as I own pretty much nothing in either fabric. 
I actually LOVE the necklace. It's a little more...yellow than I'd like, but I still like the overall look of it a great deal. Personal taste, I guess.

The red and coral nail polish combo. It was my favorite of the variations I'd been seeing and I'm so happy I got that one.
I weirdly hate Peeps...so that's the only item that'll go to a friend this month.
Only giving away one item is a rarity for me and PopSugar boxes! Usually there's 2-3 things I give away to friends. When I say that out loud, it makes me wonder why I've stuck with them this long...oh well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So happy with this box!  

I got the delicate wash, blue corkscrew, and orange and yellow nail polish (eek!)  I actually think the necklace is cute and will definitely be wearing it.  

I'm very glad that everyone seems to like their boxes so much.   That said, this was the box that made me think of canceling.  I have loved most of the other boxes so far, including the luxury box.  Spoilers below:

Blue Corkatoo - cutesy but not our style, husband does not want it in the house, gave it to my sister

Navy & Cream Polish - LOVE

Soap for washing my wool/delicates - ....  I will put this in the laundry room and never use it.  After my husband shrunk a $200 sweater after the first use, I dry clean.  Don't most ppl?

Sweater Bar - what is with the sweater theme?  I will likely never use this since I've never used the electric sweater fuzzy remover my mom gave me.

Necklace - This is the opposite of my style.  I am giving it to my grandmother since she is the only person I know who would wear a belly length necklace.  Really disappointed in this 'fashion statement.'

Peeps - I try to keep junk (maybe some high quality chocolate) out of my house.  Also, am a vegetarian so all the gelatin-marshmallow stuff has really been a let down.  I will maybe use these to spruce up my niece/nephew's Easter Basket.

Mascara - I can never have enough mascara and this one has a great name.  If it works and doesn't sting, it's a definite keeper. 

I will give them another month or two since generally I have liked the boxes so much.  But this was a definite lose for me.  The only thing I liked was the nail polish.  Not worth $35.

Got my box yesterday and liked a lot more than I thought I would. The big item I thought I wouldn't like that much is actually very pretty "in person." I still can't figure out how to do the spoiler tag so I won't say anymore.

Latest posts

Back