(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have: Summer Fun Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone notice on their confirmation email it says, "Look forward to more Special Edition boxes, including one for the guy in your life."? I don't know if I am going to buy the guy box this time around. I was okay with the last one but I don't think my husband really cared.

Also, kind of glad it doesn't give a limit on the amount of boxes they are making (like 1000). It just says before time runs out. It feels more honest.

I got the confirmation email, but if you didn't get it, you can log into your account - mine shows up under my subscriptions now.

Did anyone notice on their confirmation email it says, "Look forward to more Special Edition boxes, including one for the guy in your life."? I don't know if I am going to buy the guy box this time around. I was okay with the last one but I don't think my husband really cared. Also, kind of glad it doesn't give a limit on the amount of boxes they are making (like 1000). It just says before time runs out. It feels more honest.
The "guy in your life" box sounds like it could be a dads and grads box. Those sorts of things usually feature lots of BBQ stuff.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The "guy in your life" box sounds like it could be a dads and grads box. Those sorts of things usually feature lots of BBQ stuff.
That, and shaving.

I actually liked and used a third of the stuff from the Men's lux box this winter, one third was given to my bf for Valentine's Day presents and the remaining third I ebayed away.  

Originally Posted by alovestory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone notice on their confirmation email it says, "Look forward to more Special Edition boxes, including one for the guy in your life."? I don't know if I am going to buy the guy box this time around. I was okay with the last one but I don't think my husband really cared.

Also, kind of glad it doesn't give a limit on the amount of boxes they are making (like 1000). It just says before time runs out. It feels more honest.
Glad you pointed this out because I didn't read the email. My boyfriend will be very excited to hear about that. He's always VERY jealous of my boxes. "Why don't they make more awesome men's boxes? It's not fair! It's sexist! Why is your Birchbox so much better than mine? etc etc" I try explaining to him that the men's boxes just don't sell as well and that women have a lot more options in the way of beauty but he's still bummed about it. Which is why this box is awesome! I think maybe I'll just surprise him with it whenever it comes out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In terms of the 1,000 boxes thing...I do believe that there were truly 1,000 boxes last time and I kinda liked watching it sell out. "Get this box before it's gone!" or whatever is just pressure for pressure's sake. But of course I caved so it's not like that matters now...

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad you pointed this out because I didn't read the email. My boyfriend will be very excited to hear about that. He's always VERY jealous of my boxes. "Why don't they make more awesome men's boxes? It's not fair! It's sexist! Why is your Birchbox so much better than mine? etc etc" I try explaining to him that the men's boxes just don't sell as well and that women have a lot more options in the way of beauty but he's still bummed about it. Which is why this box is awesome! I think maybe I'll just surprise him with it whenever it comes out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In terms of the 1,000 boxes thing...I do believe that there were truly 1,000 boxes last time and I kinda liked watching it sell out. "Get this box before it's gone!" or whatever is just pressure for pressure's sake. But of course I caved so it's not like that matters now...
Is your BF at all a nerdy, gamer, geeky type?  (sigh....I shouldn't have to type a disclaimer...but I do not mean this in a mean or negative way towards anyone who is into video games, RPG's, etc).  

Because I bought my BF (who is a self proclaimed nerd/gamer) LootCrate for his birthday.  He LOVES it.  But it's certainly for that section of folks who like games and such.  Have you checked out http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/mens?

I really want to try this one but I just don't have an extra $100 laying around right now to play with. Hopefully they won't sell out so fast and I can still order one in a few weeks. :)
Same here. Also, the luxury box was kind of a letdown so I don't know if I'm willing to take the gamble. Last time the boxes sold out almost immediately so I'm guessing some people feel the same way.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is your BF at all a nerdy, gamer, geeky type?  (sigh....I shouldn't have to type a disclaimer...but I do not mean this in a mean or negative way towards anyone who is into video games, RPG's, etc).  

Because I bought my BF (who is a self proclaimed nerd/gamer) LootCrate for his birthday.  He LOVES it.  But it's certainly for that section of folks who like games and such.  Have you checked out http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/mens?
i love loot crate! i get it monthly and its super cool - but yes i do agree its for the nerdy/geeky/gamer in you. :]

I got my email today and bought my box! I seem to be in the minority on liking the luxury box so I am really looking forward to this one. May needs to hurry up and get here already!

I caved and bought one! I feel bad because that's a lot of money though. I really really hope it's worth it!

I'm in! Couldn't resist any longer.

Athough I didn't LOVE the women's luxury box I didn't hate it either. Was it worth $100 to me? No, but due to shipping issues, etc. I ended up getting a comped January box and an extra Deborah Lippman set so I guess my opinion is slightly biased. My bf liked the men's luxury box so I'll probably get the men's one as well since it sounds like they are releasing another one.

I really want to get the Summer Fun Box...something is telling me don't. I have not seen a "real value" posted, has anyone?  I love Popsugar and will continue to get it monthly, but two of the recent "big ticket" items were less than desireable....that silly giant rubber watch and the gaudy bright "gold" tassle necklace are pretty lame for $50-$80 items.  People would have to be on crack to buy those.  My fear is more of the same for three times the cost.  I'm just a bit shaky on the idea.

I really want to get the Summer Fun Box...something is telling me don't. I have not seen a "real value" posted, has anyone?  I love Popsugar and will continue to get it monthly, but two of the recent "big ticket" items were less than desireable....that silly giant rubber watch and the gaudy bright "gold" tassle necklace are pretty lame for $50-$80 items.  People would have to be on crack to buy those.  My fear is more of the same for three times the cost.  I'm just a bit shaky on the idea.
That's a good point. The wrap wasn't worth the stated value either. I imagine a $50 self tanner or something.

Back